Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 03:15 PM
DerStig
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Extended Warranty

I believe there is no extended warranty available for GT3 through Porsche and the list of aftermarket warranty companies that cover this car is shrinking. Which brings me to my question, could you not have filed an insurance claim with your insurance company for a major repair that costs 20-40k?

With the uncertainty surrounding the E,F, and G engines, I dont think anyone would own these cars out of warranty without the fear of a major repair bill. And what I mean by major is probably around 40k for a new engine.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:13 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't know where you live but I was at my dealership last week (Canadian) and I can add 2 years to the original 4 years up to 160,000 kms to my existing warranty, which is also through Porsche. If you do it during the 1st year of ownership you can add it no problem. If its past the 1 year you need to have it inspected for any problems, with an added cost to the owner.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:22 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,948 Likes on 4,844 Posts

I think you should buy a GT3 first before worrying the warranty, much less extending it.

Because if you don't own one by now, you're getting one that is CPO'd, or at least you should be.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:57 AM
PC Valkyrie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As bronson7 said above, Porsche does offer the option of an extended warranty for an 2 extra years or 160,000km in Canada for all their cars, including the GT3. It can be bought any time before the new car warranty expires.

Right now, there is a "sale" in Canada for this, which apparently ends at the end of this month. Regular price is about $4400-4500, and I was able to buy this for ~$3900 from my dealership. Because my car was in for routine maintenance, they also waived the inspection (which you have to pay for) normally required before extended warranty purchase. It was a no brainer for me to buy this, as I love this car and plan to keep it for a long time. Now I have a factory warranty for 7 years total (original 5 + 2 extended). This gives me peace of mind to enjoy my 2014 car to it's fullest.

And I was told that when my 7 year warranty is almost up, I have the option to again purchase further Porsche factory warranty at that time.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty