Sponsored by:

Available 991 GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 03:56 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,025 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
And I'm waiting for the day Martin sells his 997 RS. Because so help him if he lists it for more than I feel he should sell it for...
Oh I know I'll have to bust out a double lined flame suit. Good thing for me I'm not selling that car for a long, long time.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:57 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
They've had that car for MONTHS. Nothing new to see here. Wake me when they lower the price to < $250k.
Actually they have had the car for two weeks on a trade in. I have no clue what the MSRP was but it is well optioned. First owner bought it and for whatever reason did not drive it and traded it in for something a little less raw
Old 03-24-2016, 04:24 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Actually they have had the car for two weeks on a trade in. I have no clue what the MSRP was but it is well optioned. First owner bought it and for whatever reason did not drive it and traded it in for something a little less raw
90 days, 14 days, same difference
Old 03-24-2016, 04:38 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
I can take a wild guess on why he traded it in. 😉😉
Old 03-24-2016, 04:44 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Hoping to settle out for? My friend, around $50k for a lava/white IS the market today. You are getting confused of where the market really is by the dealer/flipper listings asking $80k-$100k over that have lingered for months and months.There are 4 cars that brokers have offered to me at $40k to $55k over that I've passed on (they are high MSRP cars with useless options for me). That one for $40k over white already sold a few days after I passed on it Anyone who is looking to buy an RS for around $50k over please PM me and I'll pass along my broker contacts on.
I'm not getting confused about anything. I'm simply not seeing any market evidence of actual sales of cars at these $40-50k markups you're claiming you keep getting offered and keep passing on. What I do hear on RL are that the few cars that are being sold are going for more.

I'm not arguing what the value is here, I'm just saying you continue to think the bid is the price. That's as dumb as the dealers thinking their asking price is market. Until a bunch of cars start actually transacting at a price, it's not the market price. I think it'll probably get to your range eventually, but it's not there today, as the overwhelming majority of RS's for sale right now are not being offered for sale anywhere near that range.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:50 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,025 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I'm not getting confused about anything. I'm simply not seeing any market evidence of actual sales of cars at these $40-50k markups you're claiming you keep getting offered and keep passing on. What I do hear on RL are that the few cars that are being sold are going for more.

I'm not arguing what the value is here, I'm just saying you continue to think the bid is the price. That's as dumb as the dealers thinking their asking price is market. Until a bunch of cars start actually transacting at a price, it's not the market price. I think it'll probably get there eventually, but it's not there today, as the overwhelming majority of RS's for sale right now are not being offered for sale anywhere near that range.
Yes the market LOOKS like it is closer to $75k+ over from what you see on ebay, autotrader, cars.com, etc. Those are the ASK prices on a handful of RS cars. PM me your email and I will take screen prints of the texts from these brokers that I'm talking to about the cars. The main reason why I've passed is because I'm not interested in a high option white/lava/silver car. The only high option car I would buy would be a UV one. The white/lava ones that were presented to me had MSRPs of $205ish to $215ish so a price of $255k to $270k. Don't confuse me with a tire kicker, I'm an active buyer. Remember what Spyerx said....like a damn pit bull.

Quick Reply: Available 991 GT3RS