Sponsored by:

PCM Not Keeping POI in Memory

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 05:10 PM
C6 ZED
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default PCM Not Keeping POI in Memory

I set POI (e.g. gas stations) to show on the map on my '15 GT3 but they disappear from the map after a couple of days and must be re-entered. My '10 GT3 keeps POI showing until deleted so I'm thinking the '15 should do likewise. Has anyone else had this happen? Was it fixed and if so, how? It's more of an annoyance than anything since it doesn't take long to re-enter the POI but I thought I'd ask.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:37 PM
s999sws
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there, did you ever sort this out?
I have the same problem.
Cheers
Steve WS
Old 10-03-2016, 08:18 PM
C6 ZED
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Steve
After a number of dealer visits for testing, reprogramming and communications with Germany, none of which worked, Germany decided to replace the PCM unit with a new one. The new unit kept the Gas Stations POI on the map for a few days then just when I thought all was well, they vanished! The unit also experienced the very same tendency to intermittently not allowing me to scroll down past the first two main POI categories. On two separate occasions (a couple of days apart) when I tried to re-enter the Gas Stations POI the main category menu came up in German! The second time this happened I went into the dash menu in front of the steering wheel operated by the lever on the steering column to see if German had somehow been selected for language but it showed American English was active. I scrolled up in that menu, selected German, then scrolled down and re-selected American English and presto the Nav screen categories all returned to English. Weird. I reported all this back to the dealer several weeks ago and they are back to waiting for Germany again. To me, this is just a minor annoyance since the Nav unit map function works well and I don't use the POI menus very often. Still, I'm surprised that two PCM units have exactly the same problem - maybe it's the operator?

Quick Reply: PCM Not Keeping POI in Memory