Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this fixable or do i need a new tire?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016 | 08:47 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Macca
I had same on new rear on the way down to our annual track tour. Same tyre same place. Was advised to plug it by our race tyre tech, did so and ran 5 track days and 6000 road km with it no issue. I use plugs on my 4x4 here that sees a daily pounding on no sealed roads and never had an issue. Plugs are pull through type using vulcanised resin to keep them in place. On this location of the tyre they would never break free. If if they did would only manifest as a slow leak as mounted from the inside (pressure side) out. I don't see an issue with plugging a nail hole like that especially for road use. Down under we do thinks backwards though lol!
my car leaked a lot of air though, when i got in it to start the car that specific tire with nail it is said something like -6 to -8 PSI from the rest and i had a red error tire sign

i already changed the tire, nothing i can do about it now but to be honest the tire had so many cuts all over it, a previous screw, this nail ... i just felt more comfortable getting a new tire. My friend was convinced that it is a sign i should have replaced the tire the first time looool

Quick Reply: Is this fixable or do i need a new tire?