Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

these are just cars
Old 03-04-2016, 08:25 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
According to the Porsche brochure on the 918 VIP Program:

The length of ownership determines the time period that the customer is eligible for the benefits.

• For customers who never take delivery of the 918 Spyder, program benefits end the day PCNA confirms the cancellation of the order.

• For customers who take delivery but do not maintain ownership past six months from delivery of the car, program benefits end the day the 918 Spyder is sold, transferred or lost.

• For customers who take delivery and maintain ownership between six and 36 months from delivery of the car, program benefits end three years from the original delivery date of the vehicle.

• For customers who take delivery and maintain ownership past 36 months from delivery of the car, program benefits are valid for 10 years from the original delivery date.

VIP program benefits are not transferable and may be revoked at PCNA’s sole discretion at any time for suspected abuse of the program.

Basically:
If they kept the 918 at least 6 months - 3 years.
If they keep the 918 at least 3 years - 10 years.
Also, if they flip too many cars bought under the VIP program, they can be removed from it.
The cars must be purchased from the same dealer they bought the 918 Spyder from.
Finally - the minimum 6 month ownership requirement only applies to the 918 Spyder, not other cars purchased through the VIP program. (this last point is often misunderstood)
Thank you. This was the answer I was looking for.
As for all the people thinking I was whining, this is rennlist after all. Simple answers are just not as entertaining.
If I was in a position to buy a 918 then I would have, and done the same thing many of them have done.
I stand by what I said though. Make 918 of them for the 918 owners and give them a special stripe or model designation. Then 918 for the rest of us.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:44 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
According to the Porsche brochure on the 918 VIP Program:

The length of ownership determines the time period that the customer is eligible for the benefits.

• For customers who never take delivery of the 918 Spyder, program benefits end the day PCNA confirms the cancellation of the order.

• For customers who take delivery but do not maintain ownership past six months from delivery of the car, program benefits end the day the 918 Spyder is sold, transferred or lost.

• For customers who take delivery and maintain ownership between six and 36 months from delivery of the car, program benefits end three years from the original delivery date of the vehicle.

• For customers who take delivery and maintain ownership past 36 months from delivery of the car, program benefits are valid for 10 years from the original delivery date.

VIP program benefits are not transferable and may be revoked at PCNA’s sole discretion at any time for suspected abuse of the program.

Basically:
If they kept the 918 at least 6 months - 3 years.
If they keep the 918 at least 3 years - 10 years.
Also, if they flip too many cars bought under the VIP program, they can be removed from it.
The cars must be purchased from the same dealer they bought the 918 Spyder from.
Finally - the minimum 6 month ownership requirement only applies to the 918 Spyder, not other cars purchased through the VIP program. (this last point is often misunderstood)
I don't begrudge 918 owners one bit. I could've bought one but didn't - some relationships are just too expensive to justify

What wasn't well thought through on Porsche's part IMO was what happens after 918 owners buy each new GT/exclusive product coming down the pike. If I were Porsche I would've required a minimum ownership period on these cars as well, e.g. 12-24 months. That would've addressed most of the marketplace issues.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:34 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

^excellent point

What is happening is the 918 owners are signing up for all the GT cars and then selling back to dealer. Porsche is going to have to make an adjustment on the ownership period of the GT cars.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
^excellent point

What is happening is the 918 owners are signing up for all the GT cars and then selling back to dealer. Porsche is going to have to make an adjustment on the ownership period of the GT cars.
All because of the greedy dealers offering a handsome buy back price to the 918 owners so the dealers can gouge other customers some more. What makes you think dealers will sell you such a car without 'market adjustment' tacked on even without the 918 owners buying them first?

Until Porsche mandates dealers can only sell cars at MSRP only, the situation will remains the same.

Say there is no 918 VIP program, you are #1 on the list for a future GT car, your dealer only has 2 allocations, the owner reserved one for his buddy buddy, you are suppose to get the other car, but the guy behind you offers 30k on top, the guy behind him offers 35k, and the guy behind that guy offers 50k, you have now gone from #1 to #4 and no chance to have a car. So what's the difference? You will still have no car either way.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

918 VIP program is genius for those who took the risk. Not only has the 918 appreciated handsomely, you could pay for it by buying every special car and selling them when the next one is announced. The latter would not even look suspicious, because it has been a steady stream of special cars announced every several months.

For those who did not step up to the plate and pop $1 million, TFB

On another note, I really don't get the hoopla over the 911R. It's $45,000 more than the GT3 and I will bet the manual transmission renders it slower. I get all of the subjective la de dah and the retro looks, if one wants automotive jewelry. But I have no interest in one over my GT3 in so far as track work is concerned. I have other manual transmission cars and for a modern car want the modern technology. If I want the retro experience, I have older cars or would get an older car.

But I have to admit, Porsche marketing of the variants of the 911 is unbelievably successful!
Old 03-04-2016, 12:53 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
HEY!

i better get an invite!!!!!!!

lol
Then you better behave. Hey, it's been a while since we chatted.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:02 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
Thank you. This was the answer I was looking for.
As for all the people thinking I was whining, this is rennlist after all. Simple answers are just not as entertaining.
If I was in a position to buy a 918 then I would have, and done the same thing many of them have done.
I stand by what I said though. Make 918 of them for the 918 owners and give them a special stripe or model designation. Then 918 for the rest of us.
Keep in mind that the VIP program does not apply to all 918 cars sold.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:06 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i have many many RS but i was not given an R
se la vie.
it's ok.
i really wanted to have several wives in addition to concubines, GF and mistress (they are not the same) but some times i get caught and warned... so...
we can't have it all...

so i just deal with 2 wives 1 concubine an 3 GF ...
You're the Best mooty!
Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 03-04-2016, 02:22 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i have many many RS but i was not given an R
se la vie.
it's ok.
i really wanted to have several wives in addition to concubines, GF and mistress (they are not the same) but some times i get caught and warned... so...
we can't have it all...

so i just deal with 2 wives 1 concubine an 3 GF ...

i wanna make sure i am not missing out on some add'l fun in life...

i get that gf is different from others... but how are concubine and mistress different from each other????... i need mooty to clarify definition...(i consulted webster's but that was not elucidating)
Old 03-04-2016, 03:48 PM
richk
Drifting

Because I don't think all Porsche dealers are greedy pigs. Porsche has put a program in place that makes it to easy for the dealer to buy back the GT cars from the 918 owners. I didn't buy a 918 but I have purchased about 20 P cars in the last 10 years including multiple GT cars and I have ZERO chance of getting a 911R.

In my opinion Porsche is now worse than Ferrari.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:15 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Verges - Dallas

For those who did not step up to the plate and pop $1 million, TFB
Perfectly stated. I had the opportunity, and turned it down. Do I regret my decision? Yes. Do I complain about it? No.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
Because I don't think all Porsche dealers are greedy pigs. Porsche has put a program in place that makes it to easy for the dealer to buy back the GT cars from the 918 owners. I didn't buy a 918 but I have purchased about 20 P cars in the last 10 years including multiple GT cars and I have ZERO chance of getting a 911R.

In my opinion Porsche is now worse than Ferrari.
Yet you think the 918 owners are the bad guys?

Like you said, not all dealers are bad, but the street goes both ways and not all 918 owners are bad.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:21 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
i wanna make sure i am not missing out on some add'l fun in life...

i get that gf is different from others... but how are concubine and mistress different from each other????... i need mooty to clarify definition...(i consulted webster's but that was not elucidating)
Webster's, wrong resource for this type of work:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=Concubine
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mistress
Old 03-04-2016, 06:27 PM
richk
Drifting

Fine point Whoopsy...100 percent agreed!

Quick Reply: 918 market skew.