991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got a ticket. I am VERY HAPPY

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016 | 10:45 PM
991GT3
Instructor

[QUOTE=Loess;13074900]They are still building UV cars as of this month.

I actually like UV with the silver wheels better but I think I would still get the standard wheel because it is special to that colour car. I've only seen a couple of pictures of this combination.

That's correct but I already have the satin finish wheels on my 991 GT3, so I think it's nice to have something different this time. That's maybe the main reason I didn't want this car to be white too.

How about yellow stitching to match the yellow calipers and seat belts?
This is really nice, only downside was that when I asked for that yellow stitching the reaction from Porsche was they will charging like approx €8.000 for it extra Quite a lot if you ask me. Can anybody confirm this? Or did they make a mistake?
Old 03-04-2016 | 10:53 PM
991GT3
Instructor

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
First choice would be white with white wheels and send the black plastic for paint in white. Clear tail lights on white also looks great.

Second choice would be UV with silver wheels. Good luck and congrats.
Thanks for your input. But with the clear tail lights I always have the association with japanese tuning cars. Also with some very bad looking Aston's
Don't want to step on someone's toes, it's just a joke. But actually they look the best I have seen on the 991 RS.

As for the color white, I've decided against this, just for a simple reason because my 991 GT3 is already in white. I want to have the feeling I actually step into in a different car
Old 03-04-2016 | 10:57 PM
991GT3
Instructor

Originally Posted by bronson7
Depends on how you personally feel the car should show itself and what you feel comfortable with. If you want that "in your face" presence, go UV, black wheels, black wing uprights, all black interior even seat belts. If you want it to be much milder and "less in your face", go UV, silver wheels and silver wing uprights. Also go with the silver or yellow seat belts. Best of luck.
Thanks for your reaction! I agree with that!
But it's quite sometime I had a car with silver wheels, and I really like them. But there is no way to spec this car wrong. I think I would be happy with it in all colors.
Old 03-04-2016 | 11:06 PM
991GT3
Instructor

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I have LO stitching only, black belts black inserts. I like it, looks a bit more dressed than silver stitching. I may replace the orange door pulls with black when they get dirty.

Thanks for your reply.
Please share some pics would love to see it!

Silver wheels look great and no cost option exclusive to UV, same as orange no cost option with leather. I wouldn't change anything except maybe add LED lights as I found out in Germany on the Macan the 4 dots per light seem to help sweep the left lane..
For now I specced them in silver. (to match with the wheels and wing) but also like the black LED's and the PDLS black's, so I'm curious for this. Not sure yet.
Old 03-04-2016 | 11:07 PM
991GT3
Instructor

Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
Congrats! Great news!
Thank you!
Old 03-04-2016 | 11:08 PM
991GT3
Instructor

Originally Posted by German_Saint
As they say it must be powerful in the rearview mirror- have a presence. Gravitas
Just like this. Beautiful pic. Thank you for sharing.
Old 03-04-2016 | 11:08 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

I don't know where you are but in many European countries the deviating stitching is between 3600 and 4000 euros and comes as an option package. Ask your dealer to check options CXP (no clubsport) or CXL (with clubsport). There are eight colours available.

The UV cars have a brighter colour wheel called matte aluminium which is different from silver and platinum.
Old 03-04-2016 | 11:21 PM
991GT3
Instructor

Originally Posted by Loess
I don't know where you are but in many European countries the deviating stitching is between 3600 and 4000 euros and comes as an option package. Ask your dealer to check options CXP (no clubsport) or CXL (with clubsport). There are eight colours available.

Thank you

The UV cars have a brighter colour wheel called matte aluminium which is different from silver and platinum.
Thank you for this,I will check it. Do you know if that is the wheel option showed in the picture of the Ultraviolet 991 RS showed on this thread?
Old 03-05-2016 | 12:24 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Originally Posted by 991GT3
Thanks for your input. But with the clear tail lights I always have the association with japanese tuning cars. Also with some very bad looking Aston's Don't want to step on someone's toes, it's just a joke. But actually they look the best I have seen on the 991 RS. As for the color white, I've decided against this, just for a simple reason because my 991 GT3 is already in white. I want to have the feeling I actually step into in a different car
Agree with you in most cases. But IMO clear tail lights looks great on white. Blends in well with white.

Black wheels was really popular in Europe 10 years ago. Had it on my 996gt3mk1. So for me its a little yesterday. Black wheels have really grown in popularity here in the US lately.

I love white cars but with Eduardo's education on PTS I've started to appreciate color. 😃😃😃😃

Good luck with your choice.

Quick Reply: I got a ticket. I am VERY HAPPY