Sponsored by:

When did you know?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 05:01 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
Interesting, to say the least. One of the meds they originally had me on made me feel like I was having another heart attack last week. We were in Florida at the time so they rushed me to the hospital, ran all sorts of tests and did another exploratory catheterization. All was good, so they let me go home.

My doc switched my meds up again and I'm readjusting to them. The biggest issue is the anxiety, but apparently that's normal in the beginning. I'm trying to stay active - as long as I'm not sitting thinking about things I'm ok.

All in all, I feel pretty good. I just want to get back to working out - although I'll have to stick to lighter weights for a while. Doctor said that's probably what saved me because my cardiovascular system was pretty strong. He was actually amazed that I was able to work out with the intensity I had been for the past few months considering I had a 100% blockage.
Great that you worked out when you did. Continue with the positive attitude and hoping your 100% back in no time.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:46 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
Interesting, to say the least. One of the meds they originally had me on made me feel like I was having another heart attack last week. We were in Florida at the time so they rushed me to the hospital, ran all sorts of tests and did another exploratory catheterization. All was good, so they let me go home. My doc switched my meds up again and I'm readjusting to them. The biggest issue is the anxiety, but apparently that's normal in the beginning. I'm trying to stay active - as long as I'm not sitting thinking about things I'm ok. All in all, I feel pretty good. I just want to get back to working out - although I'll have to stick to lighter weights for a while. Doctor said that's probably what saved me because my cardiovascular system was pretty strong. He was actually amazed that I was able to work out with the intensity I had been for the past few months considering I had a 100% blockage.

Dr G good to hear you are recovering well! You'll be ready for that 991.2 rs in no time!
Old 03-11-2016, 06:48 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
I pretty much looked a Porsche the same way you did. I knew they were nice, and had great distinctive styling, but until I test drove a 997 Turbo I had absolutely no idea how fast these things were.
I'm in the same camp as both of you, always knew of the Porsche prestige but didn't really care for it, until I laid my eyes on the 991 and actually discovered how great they are! Porsches have been an acquired taste for me but hard to see it ever losing the appeal now that I've been sucked in!
Old 03-12-2016, 12:30 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by 16'991GT3
I'm in the same camp as both of you, always knew of the Porsche prestige but didn't really care for it, until I laid my eyes on the 991 and actually discovered how great they are! Porsches have been an acquired taste for me but hard to see it ever losing the appeal now that I've been sucked in!
Oh we have drank from the Porsche punchbowl. It is pretty much over.
The following users liked this post:
EXFIB (12-20-2022)
Old 05-10-2022, 12:12 AM
JJL11762
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Barrett,
You have my sympathy. Let me tell you my story.
I'm currently in my mid 60's, a car nut, and have always wanted a 911. But for me, life always seemed to get in the way. First it was paying off my college loans, then paying for my wife's Masters degree, then a house, two kids and their college costs, etc., etc. You know the drill. Finally in 2020, just before Covid, I decided it was my time. After a 7 month search, I found a CPO 2013 C2S Cabrio w/ a manual transmission that checked all my boxes. Plus low mileage, a clean Carfax and dealer maintained. I made a deal and my wife and I drove from our home on Long Island to Paul Miller Porsche in NJ to pick up the car. On my way home, I got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on New York's Cross Island Parkway; it was a parking lot. I look in my rear view mirror and see a woman behind me driving a Land Rover gesticulating with one hand while talking on the phone with the other (despite the fact that we have a hands free only cellphone law in NY). I try to change lanes but we're stopped and I'm stuck there. You guessed it- she lets her foot off the brake while deep in her conversation and hits me. Total time of ownership- 1-1/2 hours!!!! I too was just sick, but there was nothing I could do about it.
Damage- scrape on the rear bumper, damage to the badging, cracked tail light. Fortunately, all cosmetic; no structural damage. Repair paid for by her insurance company. Both the Insurance company and Repair shop told me they did not report it to Carfax. Fighting for deprecated value would have cost me more than it was worth. At this juncture, I don't know if it's listed on my Carfax and at this point I don't care. I have photos of the damage that I will disclose when I eventually sell the car. At my age I have learned not to dwell on things I have no control over. All I know is that when I am driving my car on a sunny day with the top down, I forget all my problems.
Enjoy your car; Porsches were meant to be driven & enjoyed.

Quick Reply: When did you know?