Sponsored by:

PeteVb come back to this forum please

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 06:31 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Petevb
Hey guys, please excuse the absence, and I'm very flattered that it was noticed. I have been avoiding Rennlist for nearly three months, but not by choice. Instead it's a case of "be careful what you wish for". As a few of you know I co-founded a solar company a few years back where I'm CTO/ head of engineering. Around the middle of last year our little company got what we wished for- an order for the biggest solar field in the world. It's due to start going on line around the end of this year. Half way around the world. In the middle of a desert. 12 hours from anything. This, as you might imagine, has been keeping all of us here more than a little busy, and something had to give. A lot of things, actually: cars, writing, forums, etc have all been on hold. For now I'm focusing on keeping our ship afloat, and probably need to continue doing so for another couple months. But I'm very good otherwise, and I'll definitely be back... Looking forward to it- I miss this stuff and you guys... -Pete von Behrens
Congrats Pete, nice to have you back. I just got back from Dubai myself. Actually ended up in a solar discussion and the difficulties with the sand affecting the panels. Good luck with your project and welcome back.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:19 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice to see you back Pete. Best of luck over in the desert. Looking forward to some more of your posts when you get the time.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:51 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats on the solar project. Hope it is a big success.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:29 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Good luck! I've always enjoyed your thoughtful comments and explanations.

Quick Reply: PeteVb come back to this forum please