Sponsored by:

Harness bar and seat install

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 06:25 PM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Harness bar and seat install

Getting ready for my first DE with the GT3. The first mods are for safety, BBi harness bar, GT2 seat, and Schroth harness. Installed today by Mike at Porsche of Melbourne. I was amazed that they let me take pictures all day and even help with fitting and bolting it in. I am really happy with the result.
Attached Images   
Old 02-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

The blue belts look good with the SBM.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:43 AM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome! Good luck!

I'm going through the same prep for my first track day in April.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:13 AM
KMKCMT
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet! It's gonna be spring soon! I just slammed the GMG set up via the pros at GT Auto Concepts in the Bay Area...
Old 02-04-2016, 11:07 AM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

I was amazed at the weight difference between the 16 way Adaptive sport seats and the CF GT2 seats! Just replacing the driver side offset the weight of the harness bar. If my wife could get in and out of the CF seat I could replace the passenger side and not go on a diet! 😄

This was an excellent solution for me, needing different seats on either side and keeping airbag functionality.

The Schroth blue is a perfect match to SBM paint. The pictures don't show how good it really is. I am very happy with the look.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:01 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 552 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by CDinSing
Getting ready for my first DE with the GT3. The first mods are for safety, BBi harness bar, GT2 seat, and Schroth harness. Installed today by Mike at Porsche of Melbourne. I was amazed that they let me take pictures all day and even help with fitting and bolting it in. I am really happy with the result.
Thank you for sharing this. It looks great! Schroth and Porsche are simply made for each other like peanut butter and jelly. Thank you again for choosing our products!!!

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 02-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 626 Likes on 383 Posts

Don't forget a 3"-compatible HANS with that setup!
Old 02-04-2016, 04:06 PM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Lol, yes I was only focusing on the car install. I bought the HANS 3 with "quick disconnects" a few weeks ago. First time I tried the HANS with my helmet it took me 5 minutes to get out of it! The right disconnect had an internal burr and wouldn't release. No matter how hard I pulled on the strap, I was trapped! The good folks at SafeRacer sent me a replacement. A few more trial fittings and I'm feeling more at ease putting HANS on and taking it off.

I've done DEs for years with street safety equipment but not in a car as capable as the GT3. Kicking the safety equipment up a notch just made sense to me.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:20 PM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mech33
Don't forget a 3"-compatible HANS with that setup!
Originally Posted by BBiAutosport
Thank you for sharing this. It looks great! Schroth and Porsche are simply made for each other like peanut butter and jelly. Thank you again for choosing our products!!!

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Jerry,
I was very impressed with the fit and finish of the bar and ease with which it went in. We only made a cut per side in the front of the carpeted tray for the front mount and the rest was tucking carpet. It will be easy to return to stock it I ever decide to remove the bar. Even with the double x I can still clearly see (the wing) out the back window. Lol
Old 02-04-2016, 04:32 PM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PhilT3
Awesome! Good luck!

I'm going through the same prep for my first track day in April.
Phil,
Hope you are getting out to Thunderbolt/Lightning and the Glen. I lived in Delaware and West Chester for years and those are home tracks for me. Still my favorites. I like the challenge of Sebring but I do miss the elevation changes. Enjoy!
Old 02-04-2016, 04:49 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Phil,
Hope you are getting out to Thunderbolt/Lightning and the Glen. I lived in Delaware and West Chester for years and those are home tracks for me. Still my favorites. I like the challenge of Sebring but I do miss the elevation changes. Enjoy!
Hey bud! I certainly will be! The bummer is the Northeast winter of course! I want to be in the car!!!

Good luck!
Old 02-04-2016, 07:11 PM
sasportas
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

I'll see you out there as well.

Always great to have as many 991 GT3's out on the track at the same time.

Quick Reply: Harness bar and seat install