Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teaser pics of my modified RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 10:37 AM
UAEGT3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful, they missed one side signal (one is orange and one is clear) unless pics where taken before swap completion
Old 02-03-2016, 12:12 AM
Gotboost?
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love it. Great build. Congrats!!
Old 02-03-2016, 09:20 AM
RDH
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharp...who did the work? If something like that is easily removable and say warrantied by installer I could see doing this so as long as zero blade cuts to the paint etc...hmmmmmmm???? any top shelf installers in Florida area...?
Old 02-03-2016, 09:22 AM
bugatti212
AutoX

Thanks all for all the positive comments. To answer some of the questions that have come up in this thread:

-Yes, the car was delivered through Porsche of Main Line. Hands down the best dealer experience I've ever had. Can't say enough kind things about Paul N. who runs the show there. If you're going to buy a Porsche, he's the guy to work with.

-I had initially requested PTS Fashion Grey and the timing didn't work out. The car is white underneath the wrap.

-The wrap cost is actually very similar to the PTS cost. I had all the door jambs and other bits wrapped fully as well. In essence you don't see any 'white' when you open the doors, etc.

-I initially wanted a Chicane Grey wrap color (McLaren color code) but that was not available so I landed on this color.

-The yellow was selected to match the brake calipers, the fluorescent light in the showroom and the shadows under the dark wheel make them appear different in some photos. Hopefully it'll be better in natural sunlight.

-The key fob shells were swapped for OEM yellow as well.

-Both turn signal indicators are clear. It's yellow in that last pic b/c that was taken prior to the swap.

-With regards to side graphics in yellow, I have contemplated it but will need to see how it looks in person before adding more yellow accents.

Thanks all and let me know if you have any other questions. Look forward to posting more pics this weekend!

Last edited by bugatti212; 02-03-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:27 AM
bugatti212
AutoX

Originally Posted by RDH
Sharp...who did the work? If something like that is easily removable and say warrantied by installer I could see doing this so as long as zero blade cuts to the paint etc...hmmmmmmm???? any top shelf installers in Florida area...?

Yes this is a 'no cuts on car' wrap. All the pieces are pre-cut prior to installation and no knives are used on the car. I can't stand swirl marks in the paint due to the normal washing process, so applying the wrap at delivery keeps the paint underneath as new as possible. Yes you can have them remove the wrap easily if you want to switch colors or go back to OEM color. This was done by a shop sourced by my sales manager at Mainline. I can get the shops name if you're interested.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:49 PM
RDH
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

be interested in if they have similar professional outfit here in Florida...I'm guessing they would being that it's Florida
Old 02-03-2016, 07:46 PM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

wrap looks great! Classic!
Old 02-03-2016, 08:45 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Curious with these wraps as well as the clear wraps. What happens when the car sits outside in AZ @ 127F or in Dubai for couple summers? Will it come out ?
Old 02-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

Looks very nice..

Quick Reply: Teaser pics of my modified RS