Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

nice!
Old 01-18-2016, 07:56 PM
94redklzese
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lol

Yeah funny I can't find one pic of the finished close up of the left side, my buddy did awsome work on the repair he specializes in Porsches the dealerships where I'm from send him all the work and they actually have their own body shops, the finish actually came out better then I expected. He even pointed out all the flaws that the factory decided to leave on the car.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:06 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Job well done.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:36 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 94redklzese
Yeah funny I can't find one pic of the finished close up of the left side, my buddy did awsome work on the repair he specializes in Porsches the dealerships where I'm from send him all the work and they actually have their own body shops, the finish actually came out better then I expected. He even pointed out all the flaws that the factory decided to leave on the car.
Just curious what that kind of damaged cost to repair? Didn't look bad at all
Old 01-19-2016, 03:52 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol that white one has little dto no damage
Old 01-19-2016, 08:59 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
Hmm - I wonder if the engine & PDK-S would fit in a GT4?

I think I see the problem - WAY too much positive camber in the right rear.
I guess Porsche was right - this car cannot handle slicks.

If only it had the correct seats. . .
Although the seat air bags likely deployed, so they are worth nothing.
Heavy mods to gt4 would be required to fit both engine and tranny far from bolt on.....I still want to try.

Seats are not shot because side airbags go off...side airbags are sold from Porsche and you replace by pulling seat covers off top section and unbolting old airbag unit from seat back from inside.

I am familiar with the estimate on this car and it approached 60k...between airbags, lower sill damage, wheels, radiator, light assembly, door curtain airbag, etc etc etc this added up quickly and it wasn't done. All signs pointed to additional rear suspension damage, subframe assemblies and more before the insurance company tapped out. The salvage values insurance companies are getting on these cars is insanely high for amount of damage. It is likely one would recover your money plus some if you had the patience to part out. Engine alone would bring you over half the total bid and more with trans.

Also be aware that there is a reason that the "partner" according to this seller (if this is true) decided not to go through with repairing this car, this should give you a big clue....most likely he found additional $$$ damage not discovered that made it not worth fixing or when he started really looking at parts bill and labor finally abandoned ship. $85k + $60k + extra 20%-30% for unknowns = Unlikely to make it worth while or buy to part it out...or say hell with it and build yourself a track beast.

Last edited by sccchiii; 01-19-2016 at 09:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Finally a 991 GT3 under $100k...