Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raising the stock suspension...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015 | 12:06 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Default Raising the stock suspension...

Does anyone know the adjustability range of the stock coilovers? I might have an issue with the RS stock ride height (even with the lift) for my driveway. My 918 barely clears my driveway, but I fear with the way the RS nose is designed, it will scrap for sure.

I'm thinking 10mm raise all around would solve the issue. Does raising the stock ride height eat into the 30mm range of the suspension lifter?
Old 12-13-2015 | 09:27 PM
Awdnut
Rennlist Member

Default Driveway ramp

Michael,

This might be more practical than raising your GT3RS suspension.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...e=&from=Search

HTH
Old 12-13-2015 | 09:38 PM
Tre
Racer

I have those curb ramps from my days in Vegas with a modified GTR. I'm lucky that when I took the entry at an extreme angle that I just barely slid in with no scraping. Why was I lucky not to need the ramps? Because if you can't leave them out (HOA restrictions), then they're heavy as hell to move. If you don't have to move them, then they're designed extremely well and the heft will keep them in place.

I still have 2 pieces of those curb ramps and am hoping that the two contraptions (3/4" wood plank with a 2x6 attached underneath for rigidity in order to create a more gradual slope) I built today will work on my current Maryland curbs when my RS gets here in late Jan.

Quick Reply: Raising the stock suspension...