Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White GT3RS available

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 02:12 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think any (rennlist) enthusiast would pay 100k+ over.
But I think EVERY (rennlist) enthusiast ,that is paying msrp, is ecstatic that they're selling for 100k+ over.
That, I think, is the point that is being missed...
Old 11-28-2015, 02:13 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Would you pay $100k-$125k over for an RS if you weren't buying one for MSRP? I know I won't because the car is not worth that much to me and the want factor isn't high enough to pay that kind of premium.
i wont, remember, you control my payroll
it's time to bump me up to next pay grade.

Originally Posted by lumber
They're selling, and at a minimum, 100k over.

Sorry, that's the market. Just wait to see what pts brings :0
i can only imagine.
and i have 1 of 1 pink
Old 11-28-2015, 04:26 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,027 Likes on 2,296 Posts

But I think EVERY (rennlist) enthusiast ,that is paying msrp, is ecstatic that they're selling for 100k+ over.
Yeah, it's kinda like buying a new home in the early phases and by the time you close you have built in equity...not a bad thing. Too bad so many RSs are going to flippers, held by stealerships, and 918 owners who took the allocation even though they had no intent on owning the car.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:06 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, they are selling for $100k +/- over today no doubt about that. I don't think want to see what the asking prices of the PTS RSs will be. My guess is $150k-200k over or $350k-$400k.
if this is true, my signal green RS will be a short ownership... i sort of hope not the case so i am not too tempted to sell...

have never flipped a car in my life, not once... but I am part of the comfortable, not stupid silly rich club, that probably couldn't turn down that kind of profit if the market bore it... there may be a few of us on rennlist...
Old 11-28-2015, 06:51 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

tis double edges sword. too much potential "gain, profit, margin" i dont even know what to call it make owners not want to drive it.

so.. my plan is put 10k on it then no one will want mine, then i can ignore value
Old 11-28-2015, 07:16 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
if this is true, my signal green RS will be a short ownership... i sort of hope not the case so i am not too tempted to sell...

have never flipped a car in my life, not once... but I am part of the comfortable, not stupid silly rich club, that probably couldn't turn down that kind of profit if the market bore it... there may be a few of us on rennlist...
Yeah, I'd have a hard time keeping a car where it traded for double MSRP. It's just a car at the end of the day and I could do a lot of things with that extra money like buy a nice single-story 3-car garage home.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:32 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 744 Likes on 403 Posts

For what I earn (which is peanuts compared to most on here), there is nothing material I want that bad. Sorry but if I was getting an RS at MSRP, I would now be a flipper for sure at these stupid values.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:35 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Eh, supply meet demand. A 675LT is $350k plus and, given the choice, I'd take the RS over that car. Same with the 488.

There are enough enthusiasts that also belong to the silly rich club, where an extra $200k is sofa change to them.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:46 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Eh, supply meet demand. A 675LT is $350k plus and, given the choice, I'd take the RS over that car. Same with the 488.

There are enough enthusiasts that also belong to the silly rich club, where an extra $200k is sofa change to them.
And those guys can pay $300k+ for RSs without blinking. For me, since I'm a mortal with finite buying power I have to ask myself...what is the car worth to me. If it the car is worth equal or than then the value of the car then I buy...if not, I pass.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

And those guys can pay $300k+ for RSs without blinking. For me, since I'm a mortal with finite buying power I have to ask myself...what is the car worth to me. If it the car is worth equal or than then the value of the car then I buy...if not, I pass.
I agree. I was just commenting on why the market price on these things is so high. There are a lot of people out there with a lot of money to burn and/or who value their life experiences more than money. If I really wanted an RS, I'd pay the market price for one, regardless of what it was. MSRP would be irrelevant to me, only what the market price was and whether I wanted one that badly. That said, when you ignore MSRP for a minute and just compare an RS at say $325k to the other alternatives in that price range, I myself would take the RS. On that basis, I'd say sticker on an MSRP is unusually low.

I think over time this RS will go down as one of the most special cars on the planet. Anyone who got one at sticker is one lucky bug.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:49 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

I agree. I was just commenting on why the market price on these things is so high. There are a lot of people out there with a lot of money to burn and/or who value their life experiences more than money. If I really wanted an RS, I'd pay the market price for one, regardless of what it was. MSRP would be irrelevant to me, only what the market price was and whether I wanted one that badly. That said, when you ignore MSRP for a minute and just compare an RS at say $325k to the other alternatives in that price range, I myself would take the RS. On that basis, I'd say sticker on an MSRP is unusually low.

I think over time this RS will go down as one of the most special cars on the planet. Anyone who got one at sticker is one lucky bug.
well reasoned.
NO ONE wants to pay more than msrp, damn, i dont want to pay at all....
but all we can do is find the lowest priced one we can. and sometimes that's 350.... if it's up to me, i give everyone an RS free. ti's THAT good.

i heard many say for 300 there are many cars out there they would like to have. i know many many of those ppl wiht those 300 non RS car. P1 overheated in the sport mode on a ROAD trip to LA. MP12C 52 min on track melted. scuderia played with my rS on track all day. it did fine. then he got a service bill on brakes and the rest of the consumables. i thikn another three trackdays, the premium on the RS would have been paid for.

i am not advocating that RS is the cure all drug. but those who seek other $350000 toys, should really do a bit more real research on the alternative.

finally most V8 fiats are not available at msrp. if you can get them at msrp you have ALREADY paid huge premium in the past to earn your spot today. so really it is the same. lambo and mc, imo is not in the same league. but that is just one wild man's random opinion.

Yeah, I'd have a hard time keeping a car where it traded for double MSRP. It's just a car at the end of the day and I could do a lot of things with that extra money like buy a nice single-story 3-car garage home.
when you get that house, pls remodel the garage so it's 3 story 9 car garage so nolan and i can each get a flat.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:45 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

+1. And yes, I sold my 4.0. So you can turn it down if you have the stomach for it.

Originally Posted by mooty
tis double edges sword. too much potential "gain, profit, margin" i dosnt even know what to call it make owners not want to drive it.

so.. my plan is put 10k on it then no one will want mine, then i can ignore value
The sooner it devalues the better my stomach feels.

Originally Posted by mooty
well reasoned.
NO ONE wants to pay more than msrp, damn, i dont want to pay at all....
but all we can do is find the lowest priced one we can. and sometimes that's 350.... if it's up to me, i give everyone an RS free. ti's THAT good.

i heard many say for 300 there are many cars out there they would like to have. i know many many of those ppl wiht those 300 non RS car. P1 overheated in the sport mode on a ROAD trip to LA. MP12C 52 min on track melted. scuderia played with my rS on track all day. it did fine. then he got a service bill on brakes and the rest of the consumables. i thikn another three trackdays, the premium on the RS would have been paid for.

i am not advocating that RS is the cure all drug. but those who seek other $350000 toys, should really do a bit more real research on the alternative.

finally most V8 fiats are not available at msrp. if you can get them at msrp you have ALREADY paid huge premium in the past to earn your spot today. so really it is the same. lambo and mc, imo is not in the same league. but that is just one wild man's random opinion.

when you get that house, pls remodel the garage so it's 3 story 9 car garage so nolan and i can each get a flat.
Exactly. We'd all have to "trade down" to GT3, or GT4 really as only option for track beaters. If you don't have to trade down I'm sure RS is track pinnacle for those $$$$.

So far the RS hasn't missed a beat for the first 6000 miles and 4 sets of MPSC2's..
Old 11-29-2015, 07:10 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I agree that the MSRP on the car is a bit too low. I think the prices are many driven by the following factors...

1) Lack of supply/transparency on future inventory
2) Speculation that it'll be the last NA RS
3) Speculation that very few units will be built
4) It's the newest RS
5) Further supply distortion from the 918 program (many of them wouldn't have even bought the car)
5) People who couldn't get one who want one TODAY (emotions creating irrational purchase decisions)

The people that want the car the most will pay up the most at first and then you have your 2nd tier of buyers who don't value it as a $300k+ car but are willing to pay $250k +/-. I dunno, market feels a little frothy to me kinda like the housing market in 2007-2008 and the current stock market. I just try to take the emotions out of it and use numbers to help me with my purchase decisions. I use the premium of the 997 RS versus non RS cars to help me set my price limit for the .1RS.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 626 Likes on 383 Posts

I agree that the MSRP on the car is a bit too low. I think the prices are many driven by the following factors...

1) Lack of supply/transparency on future inventory
2) Speculation that it'll be the last NA RS
3) Speculation that very few units will be built
4) It's the newest RS
5) Further supply distortion from the 918 program (many of them wouldn't have even bought the car)
5) People who couldn't get one who want one TODAY (emotions creating irrational purchase decisions)

The people that want the car the most will pay up the most at first and then you have your 2nd tier of buyers who don't value it as a $300k+ car but are willing to pay $250k +/-. I dunno, market feels a little frothy to me kinda like the housing market in 2007-2008 and the current stock market. I just try to take the emotions out of it and use numbers to help me with my purchase decisions. I use the premium of the 997 RS versus non RS cars to help me set my price limit for the .1RS.
If the RS MSRP is low, then the base GT3 MSRP is WAAAAAY low. That really makes the GT3 a massive bargain. And it's a car you can track the crap out of without worrying about impacting the value so dramatically.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:45 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Good point. Because no more RS, demand for GT3 will shoot up much more. Don't selll your GT3 just yet.

Quick Reply: White GT3RS available