Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 GT3 has arrived...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 06:27 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I <3 agate grey. My 997 c2s was meteor grey. Congrats.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:39 PM
St8haus
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ Thank you...looks like you have a great red vehicle in your garage...

Last edited by St8haus; 11-22-2015 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Updating incorrect quote
Old 11-22-2015, 06:47 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,041 Likes on 535 Posts

Great looking car. Like the white gauges.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:57 PM
St8haus
Racer

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Great looking car. Like the white gauges.
Thanks! Wanted to break up the black interior with aluminum/grey belts & stitching/white gauges...very happy with it in person
Old 11-23-2015, 01:12 AM
16'991GT3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow looks great! Congrats on the new car, quick question thats off topic, did you pay extra for the stitching on the steering wheel? Have mine coming in end of December, already locked but curious about the stitching on the leather steering wheel.

Back on topic, I have heard that Xpel is the way to go in terms of paint protection and have only heard good things!
Old 11-23-2015, 01:26 AM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!! I love the Agate Gray! She is a looker! Get some tint on those windows!

I hope to be picking mine up in a couple weeks. The hard part is it will go directly from dealer pick up to Fabspeed for exhaust, roll bar, harnesses, tint, Xpel, graphics and various little bits.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:36 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts

Congratulations ........................Enjoy
Old 11-23-2015, 01:44 AM
St8haus
Racer

Originally Posted by 16'991GT3
Wow looks great! Congrats on the new car, quick question thats off topic, did you pay extra for the stitching on the steering wheel? Have mine coming in end of December, already locked but curious about the stitching on the leather steering wheel.

Back on topic, I have heard that Xpel is the way to go in terms of paint protection and have only heard good things!
No; it was an option and decided to delete the Alcantara...but did wrap the lower steering column in leather/grey stitching to blend it in...thanks for the info on xpel...seems that is the #1 by far. Good luck with your wait...I hope Santa comes early

Originally Posted by PhilT3
Congrats!! I love the Agate Gray! She is a looker! Get some tint on those windows!

I hope to be picking mine up in a couple weeks. The hard part is it will go directly from dealer pick up to Fabspeed for exhaust, roll bar, harnesses, tint, Xpel, graphics and various little bits.
Will be dropped off tomorrow or Tuesday for tint and full front xpel...other stuff will be done later. Congrats, sounds like yours may make its way onto the track

Originally Posted by Raven 666
Congratulations ........................Enjoy
That's the plan...thanks!!
Old 11-23-2015, 01:55 AM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 997.2 GTS
No; it was an option and decided to delete the Alcantara...but did wrap the lower steering column in leather/grey stitching to blend it in...thanks for the info on xpel...seems that is the #1 by far. Good luck with your wait...I hope Santa comes early

Will be dropped off tomorrow or Tuesday for tint and full front xpel...other stuff will be done later. Congrats, sounds like yours may make its way onto the track

Nice!

As for paint protection, I understand the fender right in front of the rear wheels is a key place to have protected.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:02 AM
St8haus
Racer

Originally Posted by PhilT3
Nice!

As for paint protection, I understand the fender right in front of the rear wheels is a key place to have protected.
Agreed...great call...that is a must. Will do a clear version of what I did to my GTS
Attached Images  
Old 11-23-2015, 02:13 AM
16'991GT3
Pro

Ah I see, thanks for the insight, was told that if i wanted red stitching they would do it for $2800, was not trying to spend that much on steering wheel stitching and thanks I hope Santa comes early too, would be a wonderful christmas gift!

Enjoy the car, absolutely love your spec, only makes me more impatient!
Old 11-23-2015, 10:36 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

congrats on your new GT3. love delivery pics. Something so special about when it shows up still in the plastic and packaging

its like that only once, that's a fun moment....
Old 11-23-2015, 11:57 AM
JanStuart
Intermediate

I have a 2015 GT3 and had nanofusion put on the whole front, front of roof, side panels and replaces those that came on the side with the car. It is substantially more expensive and can only be justified if it is a track car. I use diluted Simple Orange to get off tire marks with ease. You will still get some pebbles but they remain on the film. Have done about 12 track days with it and think it is fantastic.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:03 PM
JanStuart
Intermediate

I have a 2015 GT3 and had nanofusion put on the whole front, front of roof, side panels and replaces those that came on the side with the car. It is substantially more expensive and can only be justified if it is a track car. I use diluted Simple Orange to get off tire marks with ease. You will still get some pebbles but they remain on the film. Have done about 12 track days with it and think it is fantastic.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:36 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Amazing looking ride! The Euro delivery is a once-in-a-lifetime thing so that is awesome you were able to do that.

What did the "Ultimate" XPEL install cost you? Did you do any of the rear end? And where does it start/stop on the rockers? Thanks for any info and congrats again on your beaut
Euro Delivery: I'm not sure it has to be once-in-a-lifetime because once you do it this way, I'm not sure you'd buy another new one without doing it... I did Euro Delivery on that last new car I bought 10 years ago (BMW) and it was an awesome trip, too.

Around $2500 for full front, rockers, a pillars, mirrors, lights, and front of hood. That includes NJ sales tax. The installer did need some time correcting my paint and cleaning up the car the best they could after 3100 miles and 5 track days.

The coverage for the rockers starts/stops high up on the rear fenders, much higher than the factory triangle which is removed. You also get coverage in the wheel well arch. I will take some pics and attempt to show the line (you have to be standing at just the right angle to light to see it).

I didn't do anything with the back bumper.

Quick Reply: 2016 GT3 has arrived...