Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which trasmission on next Porsche 911 GT3 would you buy?
PDK-S re-engineered to be lighter
57.99%
Seamless
0%
Manual
38.29%
Sequential 991 Cup
3.72%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Which trasmission on next 911 GT3 would you buy ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 05:08 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just need to get one of each. Problem solved.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:28 AM
vgt
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would go for manual.
GT3 is more of a DD car, and a 3RS a track car.
If performance is what matters, pdk is obviously better, but if it's fun that matters then the stick can be for some people the best option.

And a while ago some guys said that the R would be for the MT heretics , sorry but it was kind of impossible for "normal porsche owner" to get one. :'(.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:49 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

I think manual need a torquier turbo engine to avoid
the lack of high rpm building due the slow shifting
Old 08-05-2016, 07:16 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm with fxz. Obviously I haven't locked in my order yet. But it will be PDK all the way.
With high strun NA you will loose so much performance. And the odd chance of the big money shift on track is not really enticing either !
But I'm happy the choice will be there for the MT enthusiasts.

BTW, it all depends on how you look at things, to me GT3 is trackcar, GT3RS is collector car !
Old 08-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

I have a '12 Boss 302LS and a Boss 302 Trans Am TA3 with MT.

Love the MT in those cars, heel toe, the sound etc... It is fun.

However, with the RS I feel the PDK is the best choice. Without it you would never be able to extract the performance the car offers. The shift are so blindingly fast and the sounds on downshifting are amzing including the exhaust. Can't imagine the RS with an MT.

Is the PDK fun, actually yes when you are using it in spirited driving especially with the exhaust sounds. Your focus is less on your feet and more on the wheel and the bends in front of you. Its exhilarating.

Is a manual more fun? If you like rowing gears yes. As far as enjoyment I find the PDK as satisfying as my MT with the ability to allow me to divert more of my attention to whats in front then below in the foot box.

For those who have ridden motorcycles and who know who Keith Code you will recall he teaches that you have only a finite amount of attention to devote to any task at hand. The more that attention is divided the more difficult error free results are to attain.

PDK allows you the opportunity to get it right with more attention focused on what's in front. In spirited driving and on track that can lead to more error free success and thus be more satisfying and fun.

However, I must admit getting it right in a 3 peddle is fun too!

Love the PDK in the RS but confess I do reach for that 3rd peddle at times when I first get in.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:27 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Wrong. More work is always better. That's why I'm getting the synchromesh removed from my manual for the full double de-clutch experience.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:21 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

Who wants engagement when you can have PASM, ABS, TCS, ESC, PDK, PTV.........

Old 08-06-2016, 09:43 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Graville
Wrong. More work is always better. That's why I'm getting the synchromesh removed from my manual for the full double de-clutch experience.
Hmm. Your right. Heck, why stop there? Convert key ignition to crank start. Engine to steam. Wheels to wood spoke. Tires to bias ply. Those with these option conversions and non sync trans will be the busiest GT3 owners in history. They'll love it! I hope Porsche is reading this.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:02 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 377 Likes on 226 Posts

These analogies are expired. What's more disturbing is the fact that some pdk-s(pos double kaffe-series) have a problem with Porsche offering a choice for some selfish reason...
Old 08-06-2016, 10:28 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Hmm. Your right. Heck, why stop there? Convert key ignition to crank start. Engine to steam. Wheels to wood spoke. Tires to bias ply. Those with these option conversions and non sync trans will be the busiest GT3 owners in history. They'll love it! I hope Porsche is reading this.

Quick Reply: Which trasmission on next 911 GT3 would you buy ?