Sponsored by:

Viper ACR Extreme Aero

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 11:14 PM
dt930
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ACR at Road America

A good friend let me do a few laps at Road America in his ACR with the extreme aero package, great car, amazing brakes, lots of torque out of the corners. The only changes we made were to the alignment and ride height, otherwise stock off the showroom floor. Nice to work on, everything accessible.
I did a 2:27 right after a warm up lap. Pretty amazing and easy to drive. The owner is able to get it into the low 20's but literally peels the tread off the front tires that the car came with, very experienced racer, drives like a mad man. Some good slicks would be the answer along with better support from the manufacturer, they don't have a clue when it comes to consumable parts availability. I'm spoiled with the parts support from Porsche, hopefully the aftermarket will catch up soon. Great track car, brutal on the street, but the A/C might come in handy on the track given the heat that thing throws off ha. Slicks, maybe a bit less wing for more top end and it should be in the teens at Road America. Another 100 HP wouldn't hurt either, it's never enough.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:03 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by dt930
A good friend let me do a few laps at Road America in his ACR with the extreme aero package, great car, amazing brakes, lots of torque out of the corners. The only changes we made were to the alignment and ride height, otherwise stock off the showroom floor. Nice to work on, everything accessible.
I did a 2:27 right after a warm up lap. Pretty amazing and easy to drive. The owner is able to get it into the low 20's but literally peels the tread off the front tires that the car came with, very experienced racer, drives like a mad man. Some good slicks would be the answer along with better support from the manufacturer, they don't have a clue when it comes to consumable parts availability. I'm spoiled with the parts support from Porsche, hopefully the aftermarket will catch up soon. Great track car, brutal on the street, but the A/C might come in handy on the track given the heat that thing throws off ha. Slicks, maybe a bit less wing for more top end and it should be in the teens at Road America. Another 100 HP wouldn't hurt either, it's never enough.
Great post - 2:27 is impressive.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 01-01-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Viper ACR Extreme Aero