Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Track Precision app: Collect "custom" tracks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 01:21 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by aryork
Did your custom track show up with a diagram? See screen shot below - mine do not have a diagram. I am wondering if that is an indication I have done something wrong with the track layout.

Yes, it does show the diagram. Track 03 is the track I recorded myself.
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2017, 09:14 PM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 95 Posts

I got the current app version to work at VIR. Link at
. Out of four sessions today, I only got it to work on one. It seems like you have to go through every menu and hit "confirm" and do a video preview before it will work. I honestly don't know what I did differently the time it worked. Will try again tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:30 PM
mlkissel1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great stuff!!!! I am heading their next month with Zone 2 PCA group. I know it crazy when you are at the track, but a couple questions. How/where did you mount your phone? I am working on a mount that works with a radar detector mount on the rear view mirror. Not sure of restrictions of instructors/track. Also, whats the policy their on GOPro mounts. I think its inside the car only....
Thanks again for the post, nice driving! will be interested if you "brake the code" on how to get that thing working. Just want to turn it on and forget it and HAVE IT WORK!!!!!
Old 02-27-2017, 09:32 AM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by mlkissel1
How/where did you mount your phone? I am working on a mount that works with a radar detector mount on the rear view mirror. Not sure of restrictions of instructors/track. Also, whats the policy their on GOPro mounts. I think its inside the car only....
Thanks again for the post, nice driving! will be interested if you "brake the code" on how to get that thing working.
The second day we did the Grand Course and that track was not built in to the Precision Track App, so I used Harry's Lap Timer instead. Harry's is pretty good, but the last session of the day, probably my best, it crapped out and recorded nothing.

I use a RAM mount (search "RAM Mount X-grip" and you will find it), but I left it at home. But with the RAM mount they give you this stretchy piece of rubber that you can put around the phone, and I had that, so I used it to secure the phone to the back of my dashcam that I always have mounted (but was planning to take it down for track sessions). It actually worked very well, so I was lucky. I think any of the mounts to the windshield will work reasonably well. In my GT4 anything on the windshield blocks the view a bit, but you get used to it.

I believe they allow GoPros on the outside, but check their rules which, I believe, can be downloaded through the registration site. Lots of folks have them on the inside, and I have seen lots on the outside, but do not recall about the Zone 2 PCA event specifically.

I need to do more looking at my PTPA. I specifically want to know about when/where the ECS or traction control is kicking in. Since we changed courses day two, I had to worry about learning the lines and could not spend time analyzing the day 1 course results on the app. I'll post again if I have any "aha" moments in the app...

As far as I can tell the only system that works 100% of the time - you turn it on and don't worry about it type thing, is something like the Aim/smarty cam system. A basic system runs about $2k.

BTW: my neck is quite sore today! I need a lighter helmet!

Quick Reply: Porsche Track Precision app: Collect "custom" tracks?