Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ruining my resale value

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 03:37 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd RATHER DRIVE THE **** OUT OF A CAR THAN DIE WITH PLASTIC SEAT COVERS ON THE SEATS.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:50 PM
Streetking
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
I'd RATHER DRIVE THE **** OUT OF A CAR THAN DIE WITH PLASTIC SEAT COVERS ON THE SEATS.
Good for you! Everyone has their own reasoning for how they use their cars. I enjoyed every post Peter (Trakcar) made on his journey. I have been doing this along time, I have enjoyed all my previous and will enjoy future track/ race cars , but my RS will enjoy a cushy life..
Old 11-30-2015, 09:23 PM
Racer

Received 294 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetking
I get what all of you are saying but for me I have other track cars and will take my RS out only when we have a small group together and rent COTA. I enjoy driving It on the street and just looking at it. Sam's thread on cost of fixing the RS makes sense. When I'm on the track, I am in a mode like most of you, not going to worry about rock chips, damage ect. I know I would be thinking about those things if I took the RS out. For those who don't care and love to do this, great for you! I'm just a **** guy, even my track & race cars look like new. Those of you that know me know I drive the s..t out of all my cars but like to keep them looking like new, for ME not for resale.
This (photo) is what I think "driving the s..t out of" a car means. The great thing about Porsche, is that they can take double the abuse we think we are dishing out. They can always be repaired on Monday, so don't lift...drive!

Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2015, 09:40 AM
Streetking
Instructor

Originally Posted by 9114609048
This (photo) is what I think "driving the s..t out of" a car means. The great thing about Porsche, is that they can take double the abuse we think we are dishing out. They can always be repaired on Monday, so don't lift...drive!

I do, everything from my turbo Miata, 7 sec 6spd Supra, 247mph Supra (same car), 2100hp UGR Lambo (half mile car), just not my 991 RS..

SW
Attached Images          
Old 12-01-2015, 09:50 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Awesome

you need to change your handle from " Streetking " to " King of the Road "

Awesome collection
Old 12-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Streetking
Instructor

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Awesome

you need to change your handle from " Streetking " to " King of the Road "

Awesome collection
Thanks, I'm just trying to make a point. Some people think just because you don't choose to use your car in a certain way, it's a waste. If someone decides to put their car up in a glass case, then so be it, that's what they enjoy. It might be a waste to them to run it on the track and on Sunday cry about all the rock chips and abuse the car got. For me, I am one the would cry if my RS got damaged. I go out to my garage just about every night and just stare at the RS and my green '73 Trans Am, for some reason, those 2 cars just really have my heart. While I was waiting for my car to arrive, I checked Peter's thread several times a day to see how he and the RS were doing. I want to personally thank him for the adventure he took us through. I felt like I drove all those tracks! I have been to driving school at Paul Ricard but never in a street car, that was fun to watch..
Old 12-01-2015, 10:32 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Sw
you didn't amass such a collection playing your hand wrong ,

I think it's wonderful you have such an affection to your " Mr. Purple " especially given your stable

How great of trakcar to take such an effort to include this board on his epic adventure !

Last edited by R.Deacon; 12-01-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:49 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

I do, everything from my turbo Miata, 7 sec 6spd Supra, 247mph Supra (same car), 2100hp UGR Lambo (half mile car), just not my 991 RS..

SW
Always enjoy reading your posts and looking at the photos. You're giving Jay Leno a run for his money.

Dan (suggests you post more)
Old 12-01-2015, 06:10 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 415 Likes on 231 Posts

Thanks, I'm just trying to make a point. Some people think just because you don't choose to use your car in a certain way, it's a waste. If someone decides to put their car up in a glass case, then so be it, that's what they enjoy. It might be a waste to them to run it on the track and on Sunday cry about all the rock chips and abuse the car got. For me, I am one the would cry if my RS got damaged. I go out to my garage just about every night and just stare at the RS and my green '73 Trans Am, for some reason, those 2 cars just really have my heart. While I was waiting for my car to arrive, I checked Peter's thread several times a day to see how he and the RS were doing. I want to personally thank him for the adventure he took us through. I felt like I drove all those tracks! I have been to driving school at Paul Ricard but never in a street car, that was fun to watch..
Only thing was this individual was complaining about 100 street miles, not track miles, and that it was too much. And that my car was resale penalized because I had 7,000 miles on it. The difference in price for the mileage would be minimal on a car like this. The GT3 is not a classic Ferarri already worth 20M or more, it is a mass production vehicle albeit on a smaller scale.

As others have said - I'm not saving this for the next guy. And I'm sure you will even drive tours on the street - can you really just let it sit there? Although you do have plenty of other nice cars to drive
Old 12-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,875 Likes on 970 Posts

SW
I've heard stories about that turbo miata....

Originally Posted by Just in time
Well all those historic Ferraris were new at some point in time. What is interesting is that for the most part they have plenty of mileage.

Enjoy the freaking car and let the market take care of its value!
Speaking of Ferrari, this thread warrants a nod to the original anti bubble-wrapper:
Old 12-07-2015, 08:55 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Thanks for that^^
Old 12-07-2015, 09:13 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Good for you! Everyone has their own reasoning for how they use their cars. I enjoyed every post Peter (Trakcar) made on his journey. I have been doing this along time, I have enjoyed all my previous and will enjoy future track/ race cars , but my RS will enjoy a cushy life..
I have been telling myself this car will be a keeper. Reading this from SW means a lot.

Quick Reply: Ruining my resale value