Sponsored by:

How often do you get alignments

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 08:22 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 82 Posts
Default How often do you get alignments

I've found that front toe angles on my car don't stay put after just 1 autocross, resulting in toe out and veering to 1 side when driving straight. It seems excessive to get an alignment after every event and I rarely drive it on the street. I am running a track alignment of ~2deg negative camber f/r, ~9.5deg caster, 02' toe in f, 10' toe in r.

I am thinking it could be due to the bumpy autocross surface because I haven't noticed issues from tracking it.

How often do you guys get an alignment done?
Old 09-15-2015, 08:54 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

i've not had this problem, at least if it is drifting from spec its not noticeable
Old 09-16-2015, 06:54 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the OEM camber settings? Toe settings?
Old 09-16-2015, 11:01 AM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,137 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by tqevo
I've found that front toe angles on my car don't stay put after just 1 autocross, resulting in toe out and veering to 1 side when driving straight. It seems excessive to get an alignment after every event and I rarely drive it on the street. I am running a track alignment of ~2deg negative camber f/r, ~9.5deg caster, 02' toe in f, 10' toe in r.

I am thinking it could be due to the bumpy autocross surface because I haven't noticed issues from tracking it.

How often do you guys get an alignment done?
Front toe is set by turning the tie rod, thats not going to happen once the jam nut is tightened.The only other thing that can change the front toe is the front camber. Check to make sure the 3 nuts at the top of the strut are tight and not moving. take a sharpie and mark them after its set up.You also should mark the eccentrics for the rear camber and toe to make sure there not moving.

The last thing is make sure the equipment that there using is consistent and calibrated. I only use an mechanical set up for toe much more repeatable. Just spent 3 hrs yesterday setting the rear toe on my GT4.. carl
http://lshapedgarage.blogspot.com/20...asurement.html
Attached Images     
Old 09-16-2015, 03:15 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No alignments so far. And I have done 10 track days with it. Never done an autocross.

Quick Reply: How often do you get alignments