Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Owners I need some measurements

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015 | 02:43 PM
Joe731
Racer

Default RS Owners I need some measurements

I have my LO 991 GT3RS due 10/23 into my dealer, but I ordered an enclosed trailer for it and they want car measurements I don't have. I know this is a huge pain in the ***, but if anyone could take a tape measure to their RS, it would be greatly appreciated, ideally with the front lift on the high setting. I don't think this level of detail is available anywhere online.

Attached is the form with measurements they want.

Thanks in advance.

Joe
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
CLEARANCE, CAR.pdf (82.3 KB, 225 views)
Old 09-15-2015 | 04:56 PM
Tre
Racer

I'm interested as well since I'll be in the same boat in January. I was going with the rough guesstimate from the GT3 since it's probably a bit lower (RS wheel dimensions) despite its lip likely not being as deep (maybe a wash because of RS height?). Anyway, I currently have the numbers used in this earlier thread (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-question.html) as a placeholder until more accurate measurements come through.

Which transport company are you going with? I used Inter City a couple times and their setup works with low cars.
Old 09-15-2015 | 05:08 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Default RS Owners I need some measurements

I've got a related question. I know the official width figure on the RS is about an inch larger than the non-RS. Does anyone know if this is correct for the middle/door area as well? Obviously the front and rear flanks on the RS are wider.
Old 09-15-2015 | 08:56 PM
Joe731
Racer

Default Enclosed Trailer

Tre,

I do not need measurements for a transport company. I need measurements so I can have my enclosed trailer built properly, so I can take my car to the track where it belongs
Old 09-15-2015 | 11:24 PM
est8esq
Racer

I apologize for not being able to provide you what you're asking for, but have to ask why ATC and you are working to make your trailer so one dimensional?

One can only go so wide to travel on U.S. highways? Loading on and off a trailer isn't unique to sports cars w/ low clearance? The only consideration is the side escape door when exiting your car after loading? Typically, most trailer's won't clear a loaded car's door against the trailer's side escape hatch (if it has one at all) due to the frame of the wheel well of the trailer? (I'll have to take a pic to show what I mean.)

Regardless, a good trailer will make maximum use of space and doesn't need specs of a specific car is my opinion??
Old 09-16-2015 | 11:22 AM
9972RS
Burning Brakes

^^, that's right. The side escape door is only good if you have 14" or maybe 15" tires and the trailer's height is raised to keep the fender low.
Old 09-16-2015 | 12:14 PM
Joe731
Racer

Default trailer

No apologies necessary. I am going with ATC because I think they make a very good product at a pretty good price. I want all aluminum because it holds its value better and is lighter and I can afford it. ATC also makes a great escape door that is 8 feet long and hinged on the top, with a removable interior fender and more distance between the two axles, so driver's door clearance is not an issue.

I agree that their form is a bit over the top, and they are not customizing anything other than the length of the extendable ramps on the ramp door to ensure that the approach angle works as desired. i.e., I don't need to get 2*6's to avoid scraping the nose of the car on the ramp, and they want to make sure that the standard location of the escape door works, which in my case won't be a problem.

The complexity in their form is mostly an attempt to avoid, hey my dragster doesn't fit the way I thought it would.

Quick Reply: RS Owners I need some measurements