Sponsored by:

Three buttons and a hole

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 06:45 AM
rm21
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Three buttons and a hole

I treat the summer as the off season for tracking my GT3 in Atlanta, given the heat. I used the time to address some annoyances that usually happen when I am at the track. As part of having my ALP laser jammer/Beltronics radar detector installed, I added a few extras. In addition to a power switch for the laser/radar setup, I had two other buttons installed in the center console. The second button is for my SmartyCam HD. I would sometimes forget to turn the camera on before a track session, and once I was strapped in with my HANS, turning my head around to confirm status was a challenge. I would also get annoyed with plugging in my portable cool shirt club bag system to the 12 volt outlet in the center console, so I made a quick disconnect and had him tie that into a third switch (the bag rests behind the passenger seat). Finally, I wanted an ideal location for an external microphone for the Smartycam without running wires outside the car. He put a 3.5mm female jack just above the license plate that I can plug my mic into and ran the cable through the firewall back to my Smartycam. I have my Solo DL wired into the CAN bus, so there is no way to control that with a switch, which is unfortunate, since it always comes on as soon as you open the door. There is no way around that, but at least it is easily reachable once I'm buckled in. Here are a few photos of the outcomes.

Quick Reply: Three buttons and a hole