Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sabine in 991 GT3 on the Ring, finally

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 11:18 AM
PF
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 183 Posts

Not the right forum for this comment but I have to say that new car buyers miss out on the fun.

Just watch that video. Floor it, brake, turn in and then floor it again. No drama, so easy and effortless. New cars are extremely capable and fast but miss that exitement.

I have ridden shotgun beside Sabine at the ring when I had a 964 RS and she known that track as the back of her hand. She was very relaxed yet very fast and I learned a ton from her. People pass her on tourist days and brag about it but I very much doubt they could stay with her if she was really trying.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:38 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by peed
Not the right forum for this comment but I have to say that new car buyers miss out on the fun.

Just watch that video. Floor it, brake, turn in and then floor it again. No drama, so easy and effortless. New cars are extremely capable and fast but miss that exitement.

I have ridden shotgun beside Sabine at the ring when I had a 964 RS and she known that track as the back of her hand. She was very relaxed yet very fast and I learned a ton from her. People pass her on tourist days and brag about it but I very much doubt they could stay with her if she was really trying.
Good on you for taking a ride with Sabine...

Any other interesting antidotes?
Old 09-06-2015, 09:07 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
BTW, I don't care how good a driver she is, she needs a HANS with that harness! That ride will get a lot wilder if she hits fluids or blows a tire at 300 kph.
+1
And that was a HANS harness (thinner at the shoulders) too. This snubbing of HANS in Europe is still a mystery to me.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:47 PM
turbo8765
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Anecdotes?
Old 09-07-2015, 12:58 AM
PF
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Good on you for taking a ride with Sabine...

This was a private trackday so no tourist day. Right after we set out on the lap she said that my cars suspension was to stiff for the ring and that it was the only Porsche to have racecarstiff suspension from factory. She was the talking alot and fiddgering with her watch and helmet which was to big since she had borrowed it.
Down the hatzenbach she was passed by a couple of GT3 RS 997:S and that set her in racemode it seemed! After that she stopped talking and after fuchsröre she passed them back. I remember up the bergwerk there is a kink and when approaching that I thought she must surely brake but no! She just flicked the wheel and got the tail out just a little to get the car through that kink without lifting off and that was at about 200km/h. That takes some skill to do in your first lap in an unknown car and the 964 RS is not ladies car.

Impressive!
Old 09-07-2015, 03:03 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by turbo8765
Anecdotes?
Yea, antidotes…in case you get bitten by Sabine Nice catch...
Old 09-07-2015, 03:05 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by peed
This was a private trackday so no tourist day. Right after we set out on the lap she said that my cars suspension was to stiff for the ring and that it was the only Porsche to have racecarstiff suspension from factory. She was the talking alot and fiddgering with her watch and helmet which was to big since she had borrowed it.
Down the hatzenbach she was passed by a couple of GT3 RS 997:S and that set her in racemode it seemed! After that she stopped talking and after fuchsröre she passed them back. I remember up the bergwerk there is a kink and when approaching that I thought she must surely brake but no! She just flicked the wheel and got the tail out just a little to get the car through that kink without lifting off and that was at about 200km/h. That takes some skill to do in your first lap in an unknown car and the 964 RS is not ladies car.

Impressive!
Nice. She's competitive...
Old 09-07-2015, 04:19 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
+1
And that was a HANS harness (thinner at the shoulders) too. This snubbing of HANS in Europe is still a mystery to me.
FWIW:

If you drive touristdays at Nürburgring HANS is not allowed.

I use Hybrid when driving at trackdays at Nordschleife.

All race drivers use HANS or Hybrid (or equivalent) when training and racing.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:08 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
If you drive touristdays at Nürburgring HANS is not allowed.
Interesting. I wonder what the reason is. Are 5/6pt harnesses allowed?
Old 09-07-2015, 09:49 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Sabine rocks!

Old 09-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Interesting. I wonder what the reason is. Are 5/6pt harnesses allowed?
5/6pt are allowed.

"Trucks and vehicles with the following specifications and/or systems: full bucket seats (driver and passenger), upgraded or not standard removable steering wheels, HANS (head and neck support) and unpadded cages and other components that can endanger the driver or road safety shall also not be allowed to drive on the race track."

Note that Full bucket seats are allowed as long as they don't interfere with your sight.
I suspect that this seat might not be OK:

https://www.recaro-automotive.com/en...p-1300-gt.html

Source:
http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin...tions-2012.pdf

Quick Reply: Sabine in 991 GT3 on the Ring, finally