Sponsored by:

Auto Gallery 2016 GT3 35K over MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 05:47 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by eilig
Well to start, they offered $58k for my trade, which was a 2-week old, $90k MSRP black/black Macan Turbo with less than 800 miles... and it only went downhill from there. Typical gamey BS between the sales guy and manager playing good cop, bad cop, etc etc etc. Slimeballs
That's disgusting! I was in a kind of same (good cop, bad cop) situation few months ago at my local dealer. In the ended, I sold my wife's panamera at a BMW dealership where they paid $5,000 more than the Porsche dealer's offer.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:07 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,287 Likes on 677 Posts

Well to start, they offered $58k for my trade, which was a 2-week old, $90k MSRP black/black Macan Turbo with less than 800 miles... and it only went downhill from there. Typical gamey BS between the sales guy and manager playing good cop, bad cop, etc etc etc. Slimeballs
I would only do private sales for Porsches and other expensive cars if living in California. In most of the country, you know you'll take an extra 5k hit when trading in to dealer, but you make most of that back in sales tax write off so the convenience is worth it. However you don't get the sales tax benefit in CA.

Given the rep of most California Porsche dealerships, I wouldn't ever sell/trade them a used Porsche, as you could likely save ten grand on every p-car sale by selling yourself.

Last edited by Drifting; 08-30-2015 at 06:08 PM. Reason: .
Old 08-30-2015, 07:03 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Given the rep of most California Porsche dealerships, I wouldn't ever sell/trade them a used Porsche, as you could likely save ten grand on every p-car sale by selling yourself.
Actually Auto Gallery paid me full retail for my 997, and offered me more than anybody on Rennlist did for my Boxster Spyder.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:29 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,287 Likes on 677 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Actually Auto Gallery paid me full retail for my 997, and offered me more than anybody on Rennlist did for my Boxster Spyder.

I think your story would be the exception, not the rule among California Porsche dealerships.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:02 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
I think your story would be the exception, not the rule among California Porsche dealerships.
I agree with that statement. There is no reason for them to be aggressive on trades. I stopped doing business with Beverly Hills Porsche for that exact reason in 1999. Since then I have bought 9 P- cars with 2 coming from Auto Gallery.

I like the guys and my sales guy(Nick Bourbon) is an enthusiast.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:01 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
So to further prove the point the '07 RS Pumpkin that a member has for sale on Rennlist is going for 137K and in my mind is where the car should be in terms of it's real value. However Hoehn seems to think theirs is worth 169K. Furthermore a dealer in TX called me yesterday about another '07 RS Pumpkin he had just obtained and said I'm going to ask 169K are you interested? I said did you know the same car optioned even better was in the Rennlist classifieds for 137K and he said"oh" I guess I can't list it for 169K...

So there you have it, no research really, just a dealer willing to throw 30K or more right on top of what they obtained a used RS for without blinking.
^
car has an accident report.
I would not sell my Pumpkin (comparable miles) for $137k.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:23 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,981 Likes on 2,268 Posts

They offered you $58k with a straight face? Focking stealership.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:25 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,981 Likes on 2,268 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
I agree with that statement. There is no reason for them to be aggressive on trades. I stopped doing business with Beverly Hills Porsche for that exact reason in 1999. Since then I have bought 9 P- cars with 2 coming from Auto Gallery.

I like the guys and my sales guy(Nick Bourbon) is an enthusiast.
And you are paying MSRP for GT cars over there? If so, you must be able to walk on water.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:32 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
They offered you $58k with a straight face? Focking stealership.
Next time you are in that situation tell them you won't do negotiations unless the Sales Manager and Salesperson are in the same room at the same time. See how far you get then!

You know if you did sell it for that little then they would put an as new price on the car the next day. Maybe $500 to $1000 off MSRP!
Old 08-31-2015, 10:55 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
And then what did they charge you for the car you bought? They made their money on one of the ends.

I kind of like these threads. I also have been offered great trade in deals on cars, then the deal on the purchase is not as good as the other dealer that would give me less but sell me the car lower. Usually you don't get both.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:00 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

I am probably the only one on RL and 6speed that had a great experience with Auto Gallery. I got an amazing deal, albeit only on a Turbo and not a high demand GT car somthat could be the difference. Also didn't trade anything in.

My Sales guy was awesome and customer service was second to none. Having said that I would probably not buy from them again for two reasons.
1. They are so far away from me and quite a drive .
2. I have got involved in my local PCA and have been able to build some relationships with another dealer that is really involved and supports our region so I would give them my business.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:32 AM
U OLD DOG
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See you at the Saturday PAC breakfast meeting...
Old 08-31-2015, 05:41 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
And then what did they charge you for the car you bought? They made their money on one of the ends.
They cut a check for the 997, and another dealer (non-Porsche) matched their offer for the Spyder. I've never bought a car from AG.

Though not for lack of trying...during the dark days of the recession we went back and forth on a new GT3...even back then they would not come down to MSRP, with three nearly identical cars sitting on the lot. Apparently the buy high, sell high model works for them...
Old 08-31-2015, 09:18 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 647 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by GTEE3
^
car has an accident report.
I would not sell my Pumpkin (comparable miles) for $137k.
Thank you for the clarification..

It is interesting isn't it. It's at that crazy point now depending on which car you have a bigger hard on for that you could swap an '07 RS for a 2015 991 GT3. I've considered it many times. However the more I drive my 991 the less I see myself making the trade. Are you dedicated to your pumpkin and can't see yourself in the 991 or do you have both?
Old 09-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I am probably the only one on RL and 6speed that had a great experience with Auto Gallery. I got an amazing deal, albeit only on a Turbo and not a high demand GT car somthat could be the difference. Also didn't trade anything in.

My Sales guy was awesome and customer service was second to none. Having said that I would probably not buy from them again for two reasons.
1. They are so far away from me and quite a drive .
2. I have got involved in my local PCA and have been able to build some relationships with another dealer that is really involved and supports our region so I would give them my business.
I don't know if you mention buying a car at Beverly Hills Porsche - that might help your experience at the Auto Gallery. And the first thing I would ask them is where do they sell the Huayra's? Even if the salesperson don't know what it is. Just mention Huayra and not Pagani first and see if they are razor sharp or about as sharp as a Bowling Ball.

Beverly Hills gets so much sales because of their clientele who just don't care how much they pay. I notice if you go into BH Porsche and know your product for the past three iterations you get treated different.

When I visit my mom in Bakersfield the Porsche place is attached to Audi and VW and they have like 4 total Porsche salespeople but all the salespeople from all the dealer's have free reign. It's funny when you're learning the salespeople about the car you're looking at and that the Cayenne GTS actually has a V8 and didn't get the V6 and they have to pop the hood to find the truth. If you are going to sell product please learn the product! Either that or just ignore me so I can talk to the sales manager after wandering around for 15 minutes and I make my way to the R8 Cab!

Sorry some folks just get on my nerves...

Quick Reply: Auto Gallery 2016 GT3 35K over MSRP