Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMG full exhaust system in a 991RS, should I go for it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 05:50 AM
loveivs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had GMG header+200cel+side muffler delete with sharky rear bypass.

There was no CEL warning. I've had the header and catalyst since July. No issue had been found so far. However, I soon discovered the full exhaust was too hardcore for me. I will not suggest anyone use this setup for every day driving. The exhaust was very loud, it's almost like a straight pipe exhaust. The massive drone made me head ache. Every one on the road was looking at me. In the meantime, I had to keep the car below 3000rpm. Due to lack of back pressure, I have also noticed loss of power. That's another reason I m not suggesting people getting the full exhaust unless the car will be frequently taken to the race circuit. (losing low-end torque to exchange high-end power)

On the second day after installation of exhaust. I put back the OEM side muffler (valve disconnected). The exhaust sound has turning down to the acceptable level. I have running the setup for a month. Surely there was certain amount of drone for highway driving. But I have no problem with that.

p.s Sharky bypass and 100mm tip was the first thing I did. That's why I don't have the GMG rear section. If any one is not sure what to get, I suggest either go with side muffler delete or rear bypass first. You can always add more later after when you are bored with your exist system. lol
Attached Images   

Last edited by loveivs; 09-02-2015 at 06:09 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:01 AM
911_RS
Racer

loveivs: I see.. but with headers, oem side mufflers and rear section delete how's the power? Still less torque on the low end or it's better than the stock setup?
Old 09-03-2015, 03:08 AM
loveivs
Advanced

Originally Posted by 911_RS
loveivs: I see.. but with headers, oem side mufflers and rear section delete how's the power? Still less torque on the low end or it's better than the stock setup?
Low-end pick up is quicker, I think that's because of the 200 cel sport cat. I'm taking my car to the track next month. I will find out if my setup is better than the stock. A friend of mine has a stock GT3. I will be driving his car after I do a few laps on mine.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:58 AM
911_RS
Racer

Originally Posted by loveivs
Low-end pick up is quicker, I think that's because of the 200 cel sport cat. I'm taking my car to the track next month. I will find out if my setup is better than the stock. A friend of mine has a stock GT3. I will be driving his car after I do a few laps on mine.
Any sound clips of your car? wanna hear how it sounds
Old 09-03-2015, 02:29 PM
loveivs
Advanced

Originally Posted by 911_RS
Any sound clips of your car? wanna hear how it sounds
Ok. I will make one in next couple days. Post link later

Quick Reply: GMG full exhaust system in a 991RS, should I go for it?