love /hate relationship with LWBs

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 10:27 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Default love /hate relationship with LWBs

I love the LWBs, the carbon, the shape, how they hold me in
I hate the LWBs how hard it is to get out of the car, how they hold me at an angle that squishes my ***** at times
My wife says whats up with these seats, I said they are "4k and they hurt my *****", she says "why have them" I said " They are like high heeled shoes for girls, they are sexy and beautiful, and I love it when girls wear em, but they may be uncomfortable and only work in certain situations, like heels.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:55 AM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

The other question I have regarding the LWB, have people been OK with the LWB and wearing a helmet/HANS? The Sparco Evos I had GMG install tilt a little back with excellent clearance of the helmet/HANS AND they are very comfortable.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:55 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
I hate the LWBs how hard it is to get out of the car, how they hold me at an angle that squishes my ***** at times
My wife says whats up with these seats, I said they are "4k and they hurt my *****", she says "why have them" I said " They are like high heeled shoes for girls, they are sexy and beautiful, and I love it when girls wear em, but they may be uncomfortable and only work in certain situations, like heels.
That just made me laugh out loud.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:08 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It is usually not too bad if you prop your hand (left, if driving) on the door sill. But I hear you, it's really a lot harder if the door can't fully open because something is close by--then you need to attempt a miserable contortion to get in or out. I personally find them very comfortable once I'm in them, even for 10 hours a day. I'm in the love camp more than the hate camp!
Old 07-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Scott997
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you tried sliding the seat all the way back before you get out? It makes it very easy to get in and out.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:37 PM
Tosilog
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

getting in and out is definitely an issue even when lifting myself using the door sill. What I'm worried about is the wear and tear on the side leg bolster as I still hit it once in a while. Comfort-wise, I have no problem whatsoever
Old 07-20-2015, 12:48 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use the left hand on the door sill method and have absolutely no problem getting in or out. Even my wife was trainable to enter/exit. Love the feel of the buckets and no problems on long trips either. I guess it doesn't hurt when I'm tiny and light as a jockey.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:58 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
I use the left hand on the door sill method and have absolutely no problem getting in or out. Even my wife was trainable to enter/exit. Love the feel of the buckets and no problems on long trips either. I guess it doesn't hurt when I'm tiny and light as a jockey.
Agree on everything including the "wife training." That was probably the most difficult subject to broach along with how hard the door is closed topic. But after 43 years she is used to my a _ _ l obsessive nature
Old 07-20-2015, 02:07 PM
Mcx
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default love /hate relationship with LWBs

All v funny guys. Have yet to experience all this as my 991 has 18way sports seats. RS will have LWB but will be here at some point next year.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:50 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
Perfect way to explain the LWB lust/issues
Old 07-20-2015, 04:01 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Slide the seat back all the way and there are no issues getting in or out at all...and I'm fat!
No issues with helmet and HANS either.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:19 PM
GMP911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
The other question I have regarding the LWB, have people been OK with the LWB and wearing a helmet/HANS? The Sparco Evos I had GMG install tilt a little back with excellent clearance of the helmet/HANS AND they are very comfortable.
I agree. I have tried two types of HANS (fixed and adjustable) with the same result the LWB make it is very tight with the HANS. Okay for track days but not for racing.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:23 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by GMP911
I agree. I have tried two types of HANS (fixed and adjustable) with the same result the LWB make it is very tight with the HANS. Okay for track days but not for racing.
This is why I went with a necksgen
Old 07-20-2015, 04:25 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,022 Likes on 2,292 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Slide the seat back all the way and there are no issues getting in or out at all...and I'm fat!
No issues with helmet and HANS either.
+1 on putting the seat all the way back and all the way down making it easier to get in and out of for husky guys.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:25 PM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
That just made me laugh out loud.
+1

Quick Reply: love /hate relationship with LWBs