Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fashion Grey

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 03:49 AM
BayAreaTT
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, identical specs and fashion gray PTS at my local dealer asking 207k. 50k over mrsp😂
Old 07-05-2015, 11:30 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This over the MSRP asking, will come to an end, but when????
Old 07-05-2015, 12:22 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
I would be think so. Since I'm fairly new to a gt car, has this been a practice for 997 also?
Old 07-05-2015, 01:23 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,022 Likes on 2,292 Posts

Originally Posted by BayAreaTT
Wow, identical specs and fashion gray PTS at my local dealer asking 207k. 50k over mrsp😂
Can you give us the name of the dealer so we can put it on our never-do-business-with list?
Old 07-05-2015, 01:32 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Fashion Grey

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Can you give us the name of the dealer so we can put it on our never-do-business-with list?
Stevens Creek
Old 07-05-2015, 01:49 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by meaker
I would be think so. Since I'm fairly new to a gt car, has this been a practice for 997 also?
I've noticed the 997's starting to level out price wise. Of course more so the 997.1's than the 997.2's but just give them some time. There just needs to be more stock in the USA specifically California since we lead the country in Mark-ups for the 991. I wonder what state comes in second for mark-ups; perhaps Florida or New York? Only makes sense for California to lead in Mark-ups because the state has the most Dealerships!

Still grateful to be in the USA even with the mark-ups the cars are cheaper than the rest of the world brand new. I remember Richard Hammond from Top Gear BBC saying he paid £190K for his GT3 before the stop sale in England but I don't know if that was before or after registration and V.A.T. etc.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:03 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not feeling this color, but I'm sure someone will take the bait
Old 07-05-2015, 03:18 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
I don't see it coming to an end with special cars (such as the often harder to get and more desirable GT# cars). Most of the dealers asking (and often getting) premiums appear to be in FL, CA and TX. The bottom line is that there are geographic markets in these states where local buyers are willing to pay premiums. As long as this is the case, dealers in these areas will continue to ask over MSRP. I suppose a significant economic downturn could affect this but many of these individuals have such considerable wealth that they are somewhat to completely insulated from such things.

As to Fashion Grey, I have always liked it and consider it a classic Porsche color. Is it a go-to color for a GT3 such as signal yellow, viper green, or riviera blue? Probably not, but I am one of those individuals who believes the GT3 looks good in any color (though lime gold metallic did pose a challenge to this assertion). For me, the reason a premium on these 30 PTS cars makes especially bad sense is that you are already paying a premium for all of the options that you would not have specced.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:08 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
I don't see it coming to an end with special cars (such as the often harder to get and more desirable GT# cars). Most of the dealers asking (and often getting) premiums appear to be in FL, CA and TX. The bottom line is that there are geographic markets in these states where local buyers are willing to pay premiums. As long as this is the case, dealers in these areas will continue to ask over MSRP. I suppose a significant economic downturn could affect this but many of these individuals have such considerable wealth that they are somewhat to completely insulated from such things.

As to Fashion Grey, I have always liked it and consider it a classic Porsche color. Is it a go-to color for a GT3 such as signal yellow, viper green, or riviera blue? Probably not, but I am one of those individuals who believes the GT3 looks good in any color (though lime gold metallic did pose a challenge to this assertion). For me, the reason a premium on these 30 PTS cars makes especially bad sense is that you are already paying a premium for all of the options that you would not have specced.
Since you mentioned the 30 PTS GT3 optioned with what YOU would not spec. Mine was specced almost identical to the way I would spec it. I know its difficult to imagine that what's right for you might not be right for me, vice versa. For those 30 PTS owners that got the majority of options they wanted did pretty well. Now if an owner purchased one of these cars not liking the options overall, I'd then agree with you. Not going to get into paying over MSRP, only mentioning some got what they wanted.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:12 PM
biglare
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Saw the Fashion Grey GT3 at Stevens Creek on Friday and loved it! I would upgrade my 2-month old Fashion Grey M3 for this GT3 in a second for MSRP, however as others have stated they are trying to get $50k over sticker. They also said that they had three offers of $30k over MSRP, but I don't believe that. I'll be in a GT3 soon, but not for $30-50k over MSRP.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:29 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Since you mentioned the 30 PTS GT3 optioned with what YOU would not spec. Mine was specced almost identical to the way I would spec it. I know its difficult to imagine that what's right for you might not be right for me, vice versa. For those 30 PTS owners that got the majority of options they wanted did pretty well. Now if an owner purchased one of these cars not liking the options overall, I'd then agree with you. Not going to get into paying over MSRP, only mentioning some got what they wanted.
That's great, 0to60. I'm glad you are happy and I offer you my warm congratulations. As has been discussed here on RL in various threads, most did not want and would not have ordered those specs. That's all I was referencing in my post. For example, many complained that none of the cars came with buckets. Others thought it was senseless that the fashion greys had leather added to the seat backs. Ed was quick to point out he would have much preferred a full leather interior with deviated stitching on his signal green. And on the arena red metallics, why spec clashing standard calipers and deviated stitching both in guards red? Yellow ceramics and platinum stitching would have provided for a much more appealing aesthetic in combination with arm. It would have been nice if PAG had at least consulted PCNA as to specs. Even better, it would have been great if the chosen dealerships would have been afforded the ability to do individual specs on behalf of their customers. Anyway, again, congratulations. I think arena red metallic is a terrific color and it gives the GT3 a very refined, classy look.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:19 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
That's great, 0to60. I'm glad you are happy and I offer you my warm congratulations. As has been discussed here on RL in various threads, most did not want and would not have ordered those specs. That's all I was referencing in my post. For example, many complained that none of the cars came with buckets. Others thought it was senseless that the fashion greys had leather added to the seat backs. Ed was quick to point out he would have much preferred a full leather interior with deviated stitching on his signal green. And on the arena red metallics, why spec clashing standard calipers and deviated stitching both in guards red? Yellow ceramics and platinum stitching would have provided for a much more appealing aesthetic in combination with arm. It would have been nice if PAG had at least consulted PCNA as to specs. Even better, it would have been great if the chosen dealerships would have been afforded the ability to do individual specs on behalf of their customers. Anyway, again, congratulations. I think arena red metallic is a terrific color and it gives the GT3 a very refined, classy look.
I agree with most of what you have said. It seems senseless for an option of leather backed seats when nobody will ever see the rear of the seat. In the case of my ARM I agree with yellow calipers looking better, but an extra 9,200 would have hurt my budget. I plan to have the calipers painted yellow in the near future so that will be corrected. Also I would have preferred the platinum stitching over the GR stitching. As far as LWB with my torn lumbar disks, that would have been a no go for me. I also didn’t want to pay over 2k for the 18 way so I would have optioned the 4 ways anyway. All and all I got most of what I wanted and believe the GT3 is a pure sports car that offers its buyers great value. In a perfect world one should spec the car the way he/she wants but the world is not perfect. I realize that at times I may come off bitter, but sourcing and the buying experience was lousy. Add in the fact that I have been trying to purchase a GT# car for over decade only to be dropped off the waits list due to a higher bidder paying over MSRP. On a positive note I also realize that I am very fortunate to have had an opportunity to purchase a FG and ARM with help of friend who had connections to the dealers. I desire the day when any P car enthusiast can walk into the dealer and order the car he/she wants W/O all the drama. Glad to be back on topic and hope you source your PTS sooner than later.

Last edited by 0to60; 07-06-2015 at 03:41 AM.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:26 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

F them

F them all

disgraceful
Old 07-06-2015, 05:49 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Originally Posted by STG991
Stevens Creek
Yup. They've been on my Do Not Do Biz With list since 2010. Rusnak has been on that list for far longer.

Originally Posted by biglare
Saw the Fashion Grey GT3 at Stevens Creek on Friday and loved it! I would upgrade my 2-month old Fashion Grey M3 for this GT3 in a second for MSRP, however as others have stated they are trying to get $50k over sticker. They also said that they had three offers of $30k over MSRP, but I don't believe that. I'll be in a GT3 soon, but not for $30-50k over MSRP.
It's so easy for someone to say "Yeah, we have three offers at $30k over already, but we're holding out." If you press for proof, they'll say "Sorry, we have to protect our clients' identities" (rightfully so). As such, they can say anything they want in an effort con you.

Dealers like that, give the (few) good dealers a bad rep (just by being a "dealer").

Personally, I love Fashion Grey. Unfortunately, it's a tough color to capture well in photos, as it looks different depending on lighting, and gets washed out (or made too grey, too beige, etc.) if your white balance is off. There's a whole thread dedicated to Fashion Grey if you wish to see: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-thread.html
Old 07-06-2015, 07:30 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sales is all about creating immediacy and need. It is the salesman's job to creat an atmosphere that makes you want to jump to a decision.

I know why they do it, I just don't like the ploy...

Quick Reply: Fashion Grey