Is your car Voodoo Blue?
Thanks it's Maritime Blue. Looks like Voodoo under florescent light
Old 06-29-2015, 11:00 PM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Modesta Coating

Originally Posted by bronson7
Is this product similar to C Quartz finest?
It's similar to C Quartz in that it's a nano coating. I think it's harder to apply but has more of a wet look. took them 2 days to correct the paint and apply using a UV light..
Old 06-30-2015, 06:40 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by monkiboy48
I have Modesta BC-04 on my GT3. I love it. No more waxing. Just need to wash every other week with Modesta H-04 and use M-1 Shot once a month. Looks like a fresh coat of wax every time! It also resists rock chips very well due to the hard coating.

BC-04
Nano-Titanium Glass Coating
A new formula coating that combines the best advantages of the original Pure Liquid Glass coatings and highest quality nano-grade titanium. This combination creates a deeper shine and better reflections on the paint. A significantly prolonged working time also allows easier and safer application.

H-04
Shampoo with Water-repellent Effect
Car wash shampoo for water repellent or water shedding coatings. This special shampoo removes dirt and restores/prolongs the coating's original water repellency.

M-1 SHOT
Quickdetailer Style Maintenance Spray
Useful as a temporary protectant until glass coatings are fully cured. M-1 SHOT can also be used as a maintenance for Modesta's glass coatings that last long years, but the water repellent effect on their surface may dagrade over time. M-1 Shot helps to recover this effect.
Couple of questions - could you use these products over CQuartz Finest? I can't think why not?

Can you buy these products anymore? I read that they are only sold to and I quote via cut and paste! "Modesta is ONLY sold to professional Detailers that represent the top 1% of the Detailing World" ?? I've done a quick search and cut find them for sale on the internet?
Old 06-30-2015, 08:23 PM
Ma991
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 4 Posts

What's the cost? Can it be applied under or over xpel?
Old 06-30-2015, 09:12 PM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Default Modesta Coating

Not sure it it can be added over c quartz etc. They did the full paint correction 1st and then applied 2 coats of Modesta. i believe it requires a UV lamp to cure so it needs to be professionally applied. I'm sure you can buy it. I got mine done at Detailersdomain in NJ. They may sell the product too.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:13 PM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Default Modesta Coating

Originally Posted by Ma991
What's the cost? Can it be applied under or over xpel?
It was 1800 with the paint correction
Old 06-30-2015, 09:51 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had similar done to mine. Paint correction and C Courts was applied over clear wrap of front and rear quarter panel for 2K.

Yes, Nano coatings can be applied over clear wraps and seems like a good idea.

Now I just wash rinse and dry. No more polishing and waxing.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:33 AM
Ma991
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteyDaddy
It was 1800 with the paint correction
Thanks.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:32 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my C Quartz finest, so I'm sure the Modesta is also great.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 78 Posts

Modesta, like C Quartz Finest, required dealer specific training to be able to gain access to it. Shoot even a detailing internet sensation like me can't get my hands on it. Like C Quartz finest, I'm pretty sure Modesta is a two or three year solution and will need to be polished and reapplied again. Phil told me that Modesta has more depth like a carnuba wax than other coatings.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:49 AM
monkiboy48
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by williambnj
Full Cure time is 28 days, don't wash it during that time or get it wet if you can avoid it...
According to my installer, the exterior of the coating cures in 24 hours and is ok to get wet. The 28 days is the curing time for the entire coating (coating to paint adhesion) so do not wash it or agitate the surface.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:53 AM
monkiboy48
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
Modesta, like C Quartz Finest, required dealer specific training to be able to gain access to it. Shoot even a detailing internet sensation like me can't get my hands on it. Like C Quartz finest, I'm pretty sure Modesta is a two or three year solution and will need to be polished and reapplied again. Phil told me that Modesta has more depth like a carnuba wax than other coatings.
Per my installer, the creator in Japan wants to control the release of Modesta to keep the quality up. Only people who go through personal training by the creator himself are allowed to use this product. To keep reputation high he didn't want to release it to everyone and then someone applies it wrong and starts posting on the internet that Modesta is crap...even though the problem was with the application.

The Modesta coating has a lifespan of 3-10 years (pending on an unlimited amount of variables). My installer mentioned to me that he can check the coating once a year to see how it is holding up. When the year mark comes up and he inspects my coating I will let you know how it is holding up and what my options are if the coating is degrading.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:27 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,022 Likes on 2,292 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteyDaddy
Thanks it's Maritime Blue. Looks like Voodoo under florescent light
Gorgeous color, enjoy in good health.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:44 AM
rm21
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The finish looks awesome. One question I've been meaning to ask about the whole category of nano-coatings - if the coatings go on top of the xpel or other wrap, it seems like they aren't bonding with the paint, but with the wrap, which seems like it defeats the point. Wouldn't it be better to treat the paint, then have it wrapped? I'm not an expert in this area - just trying to understand the logic of the steps. I'm curious what others have heard about the ideal sequence.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:13 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
Money- what is your take on these chemical coatings? The skeptic in me thinks that a micro coating of chemical to a hard clear coat can't last forever, much less more than a year in normal conditions. Is it just a really expensive synthetic wax applied after a paint correction process? Aren't there once a year solutions similar for the DIY crowd at a much cheaper price+plus your own elbow grease? Just curious, you work so hard on all the detail products I value your opinion.

Quick Reply: Modesta Coating