Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015 | 02:41 AM
NYCone
Instructor

Default My Build - some questions

I'm finalizing my GT3 build. So far I have:

991810 911 GT3 $130,400
Exterior Color N1 Sapphire Blue Metallic $710
Interior Color 78 Leather Interior in Black/Alcantara® with Stitching in Platinum Grey $3,480
Exterior XEY LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) Exclusive $3,715
XUB Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color Exclusive $295
XXG Clear Glass Taillights Exclusive $650
Performance 082 Extended Range Fuel Tank $0
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) $0
450 Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) $9,210
474 Front Axle Lift System $3,490
Wheels 431 20" GT3 Wheels $0
Interior 583 Smoking Package $0
810 Floor Mats $0
EER Interior Package Painted i.c.w. Leather Interior Exclusive $665
P07 Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) $2,635
P13 Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor $690
XSH Seat Belts in Silver Grey Exclusive $350
XYG Center Console Trim Painted Exclusive $290
Interior Leather CLP Extended Interior Package, Door Panel in Leather/Alcantara® Exclusive $690
CZW Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather Exclusive $1,720
XNS Steering Column Casing in Leather Exclusive $465
Interior Alcantara® XLU Sun Visors in Alcantara Exclusive $585
Audio and Communications 490 Sound Package Plus $700
P23 Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. Navigation Module $0

My questions are:
  1. I think I like black headlights with the Sapphire Blue and Platinum Wheels - Bi-Xenon Black or LED Black?
  2. I can get the bottom of the mirror painted in gloss Black - what do folks think? It's like the RS mirrors
  3. I can get the seat backs in leather. I've seen this and it's pretty. i have not seen the grey seat backs (standard). Is it worth $1800 for the leather seat backs?
  4. AHA radio option - is it worthwhile if one can stream over Bluetooth?
  5. Sunvisors - Alacantara vs Leather?

I know many of these are "classic" questions. I was hoping some folks might have the same color combo to show what it looks like.
Old 06-18-2015 | 03:06 AM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

I have the same color combo as your order. I went with the standard PDLS option, because it has grey coloring in it that matches the grey rims. I'm glad I went that route. I went with the standard seat backs in grey and think they look good. I did not get too carried away with the interior- I just got the full leather with platinum stitching and I don't feel like the interior is missing anything. If I had to pick, I would go for leather visors to contrast the roof which is covered in alcantara. I wouldn't get the black painted lower part of the mirrors, because it looks great without that. Good luck with your order!
Old 06-18-2015 | 04:06 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

I went with LEDs in black but I am also getting Dark Blue instead of Sapphire. I actually switched from Sapphire but I had black wheels on that build which I think would go well.

I can't stand satellite radio, don't want the wart and don't see much benefit from HD audio so I did not option those.

I went with alcantara visors since I thought leather would clash up against an alcantara headliner. Rip off pricing but I think I will like the look.

I am getting LWB so didn't have to decide on the seatbacks, but if I got the sofas I would get the leather backs to complete the look if you can stomach the pricing.

When are you scheduled for production?
Old 06-18-2015 | 05:16 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

I have the SBM and platinum wheels to with similar build other than I didn't do all the interior bits. There are my thoughts:
Do you really need 18 ways? You set the seat and never touch the buttons again and I don't think 18 ways makes that much more of a difference over 4?
I spec'd the clear rear lenses and then switched back to red - if you want them you can get them for half the price from suncoast. I've kept red as I actually think it goes well with the car and the red calipers. However, you have yellow so you might want to change. Changing the front orange to suncoast clear LED's is a MUST!!
I don't think it makes much difference if you have black or std light surrounds. Money no option I'd go black. But you should get LED's as it makes the car pop more in the day time.
Leave the sun visor alone - you never look at it. I personally would not spend the money on leather seat back - you don't look at it either.
I put two bits of bling in which you haven't - Porsche crest on arm rest and aluminum pedals. I wouldn't fuss with the interior to much - if I did I'd go carbon fiber.
And finally seat belts - I have silver as well but you don't notice them. You might be able to get away with yellow to match the calipers. If I re-spec'd I'd be tempted with the yellow belts if I had PCCB's. Good luck - you can't really go wrong with this car - it can wear anything and get away with it. Oh and it's a decent driving experience as well!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2015 | 07:12 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Get the alcantara visors, the LWB's and the hell with the satellite radio. Oh, and if you're getting the PCCB's, get the yellow belts.
Old 06-19-2015 | 12:56 AM
NYCone
Instructor

Originally Posted by bronson7
Get the alcantara visors, the LWB's and the hell with the satellite radio. Oh, and if you're getting the PCCB's, get the yellow belts.
I sat in the LWB and they are NOT FOR ME. If you track the car, I get it. Short of tracking the car, LWB are torture machines.

I've seen the yellow belts, too much inside the car, I like the grey.
Old 06-19-2015 | 01:05 AM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by NYCone
I sat in the LWB and they are NOT FOR ME. If you track the car, I get it. Short of tracking the car, LWB are torture machines.

Torture machines? Geez, sounds pretty awful.

Congrats on your GT3. My only comments are that I agree with Matt that 4-ways should be fine. Leather on back is important only if you don't want to see the grey plastic through the windows. I think most don't care about this, but some do. And I'm not a big fan of the dark headlights.
Old 06-19-2015 | 12:32 PM
devenh
Instructor

The more time I spend in them, the more I like the LWBs. After 7 hour drives, I actually think they are more comfortable than regular buckets. Nonetheless, they are difficult to get in and out of.
Old 06-19-2015 | 01:08 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Agree with you about LWB. Anybody with real back issues, stay away from LWB. When I say "back issues" I don't mean a sore back but rather disk and post surgical issues.
Old 06-19-2015 | 01:50 PM
NYCone
Instructor

Originally Posted by 0to60
Agree with you about LWB. Anybody with real back issues, stay away from LWB. When I say "back issues" I don't mean a sore back but rather disk and post surgical issues.
To me its a recline issue.

I like to lean back for long drives and settle in. The LWB are so upright, I can't stand it for more than a few minutes.
Old 06-19-2015 | 01:57 PM
NYCone
Instructor

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Torture machines? Geez, sounds pretty awful.

Congrats on your GT3. My only comments are that I agree with Matt that 4-ways should be fine. Leather on back is important only if you don't want to see the grey plastic through the windows. I think most don't care about this, but some do. And I'm not a big fan of the dark headlights.
I've seen pics of the black LEDs, but nothing close up on a Rennlister's car. Does anyone have a pic of their car with the black LEDs? Sapphire Blue would be ideal.
Old 06-19-2015 | 08:20 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

The $690 door panel in leather is a waste of money. It covers 3 small pieces that you can not even see with the doors closed. Here is a picture of what I am talking about:
Old 06-19-2015 | 08:36 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Not a problem, but you did ask for other opinions. By the way, LWB's are not torture machines, atleast not for me. I don't track my car and at 5'6", 130 lbs, they are a dream. Just my opinion.
Old 06-19-2015 | 09:25 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by bronson7
By the way, LWB's are not torture machines, atleast not for me. I don't track my car and at 5'6", 130 lbs, they are a dream.
Of course they aren't. They may not be for everyone, but what an exaggeration.
Old 06-19-2015 | 09:46 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by Zucc
The $690 door panel in leather is a waste of money. It covers 3 small pieces that you can not even see with the doors closed. Here is a picture of what I am talking about:
I remember Jimmy said the same thing. Still have it specced on mine but thinking I'll take it off.

Quick Reply: My Build - some questions