Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Will post video soon-ish....
Is it soon-ish yet?
Old 09-07-2015 | 08:23 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nizer
Is it soon-ish yet?
Time was on standstill mode for a while. It is actually not soon-ish yet. Patience, grasshopper.
Yeah, I need to tape the mic to the back and hit some back roads again. Umm, hit some back roads for the first time
Old 09-07-2015 | 06:50 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default BBi Autosport 991 GT3 Exhaust Bypass

Originally Posted by jlanka
So there's no mention of these in the website as far as I can see. Anyone care to post a link?
JLanka & Other Rennlist Members,

My apologies for your difficulty in finding more information about our products. In case if you have missed it, we just finished with our product catalog and became an official sponsor of the Rennlist forums so we will update the website shortly.

In the meantime, here is all the information that you might need about our BBi Autosport Porsche 991 GT3 Street Cup Exhaust:

BBi Autosport Porsche 991 GT3 / GT3RS StreetCup Exhaust Bypass

Shedding weight is one of simplest ways to add performance to your Porsche. Unfortunately, reducing weight on the already slim GT3 is rarely an inexpensive task and the factory exhaust system is already very well designed for optimum power delivery. The only drawbacks to the factory system is a muted exhaust note that was designed to comply with the local laws and appeal to a wide customer base, and the excess weight.

We addressed those flaws when we designed our exhaust system for the 997 GT3. Most other aftermarket exhaust systems on the market replaces the secondary center muffler and the performance gains and weight savings are minimal. The factory secondary exhaust weights approximately 20 pounds and the average secondary muffler bypass weighs approximately 7 pounds, which equates to only 13 pounds of weight savings.

We took a more unorthodox approach and bypassed the much heavier primary side mufflers. The primary mufflers are weigh approximately 44 pounds total while our bypass pipes are 4 pounds in comparison. For durability and protection against corrosion, each system is meticulously TIG welded using 304 aerospace grade stainless tubing with lower carbon content. The result is a substantial reduction in weight behind the rear axle which significantly improves handling and less restriction to produce a much more aggressive exhaust note.

Key Features
  • Delivers deep aggressive exhaust sound
  • Significant weight reduction of 40 pounds
  • 304 stainless steel aerospace tubing
  • Meticulously TIG welded
  • Brushed stainless finish
  • Stainless hardware and clamps
  • 100% emissions legal
  • Will not void warranty
  • Factory secondary mufflers and catalytic converters are all retained
  • 50 state emission compliant
  • Direct bolt on replacement
  • Compatible with 991 GT3 and 991 GT3RS models
  • Made in USA

Here are videos and reviews from our customers.

Video and review by Rennlist member VF430 who had it installed at our facility:

Link to Review:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ound-clip.html

Videos during Autocross by Rennlist member BigKraig:

In car:
https://vimeo.com/120337253

Outside launch:

Review from another Rennlist member SamFromTX
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...grade-bbi.html

If you have anymore questions, please email Jerry@BBiAutosport.com orSales@BBiAutosport.com

For up to date information of current shop activities, projects, and product releases, please follow us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts:

https://www.instagram.com/bbiautosport
https://www.facebook.com/BBIAutosport

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 09-08-2015 | 11:42 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Time was on standstill mode for a while. It is actually not soon-ish yet. Patience, grasshopper.
Yeah, I need to tape the mic to the back and hit some back roads again. Umm, hit some back roads for the first time
Yes Master....

Old 09-10-2015 | 09:53 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Yes Master....
That was good.
Any day now...
Attached Images  
Old 09-12-2015 | 08:08 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Here it is but the mic might have been too close to the exhaust. You lose raspiness when you have the third muffler on but this is with the Cargraphic 200 cell headers and the Bbi side muffler delete.
I think the other video in the backroads was better but I didn't want to take another chance.

https://vimeo.com/139086443
Old 09-12-2015 | 08:17 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

So this is headers, 200 cell cats, and basically straight pipes?
Old 09-12-2015 | 08:21 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Default Exhaust upgrade-bbi

That sounds good. Makes me want some headers for my DD
Old 09-13-2015 | 08:49 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

So this is headers, 200 cell cats, and basically straight pipes?
Yes, except for the center muffler which truely changes the character of sound to "muffled"! The best sound combination I had was 200 cell headers, third muffler bypass and vacuum line plugs. It was not loud enough so that's why I have the current setting. I need to hear the current setup with a third muffler bypass but I can't with the Bbi side deletes for some mechanical reason. I have little doubt that doing this would give the best combination of loudness and character but two things are holding me back: 1-it may drone 2-it may become too loud for my neighbors.

Originally Posted by bigkraig
That sounds good. Makes me want some headers for my DD
Headers and a center bypass are absolute best for DD.
Old 09-13-2015 | 09:02 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Im pretty much looking for the most aggressive setup I can get while retaining cats...I really want the car to scream (or have some oomph down low in particular) and think that the car is WAYYY too quiet with just the sharkwerks bypass. I'm coming from a 10 gt3 RS that was headers back and sounded simply epic...so I'm looking for something similar. What would my best bet be? I don't really have any neighbors so I don't care much about that. Would love to retain use of the sport button if thats possible though...I realize this may be tough. Ideas guys??
Old 09-14-2015 | 10:52 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Im pretty much looking for the most aggressive setup I can get while retaining cats...I really want the car to scream (or have some oomph down low in particular) and think that the car is WAYYY too quiet with just the sharkwerks bypass. I'm coming from a 10 gt3 RS that was headers back and sounded simply epic...so I'm looking for something similar. What would my best bet be? I don't really have any neighbors so I don't care much about that. Would love to retain use of the sport button if thats possible though...I realize this may be tough. Ideas guys??
200 cell Cargraphic (or other brand of choice) headers, with FVD O2 sensor spacer (if you plan to track ++)
Cargraphic side muffler bypass with vaccum controlled flaps
Third muffler bypass of choice

This would be the loudest that does not trip CEL while retaining sport button function. I have no idea whether it would drone bad or not, though.
Old 09-14-2015 | 12:21 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

200 cell Cargraphic (or other brand of choice) headers, with FVD O2 sensor spacer (if you plan to track ++)
Cargraphic side muffler bypass with vaccum controlled flaps
Third muffler bypass of choice

This would be the loudest that does not trip CEL while retaining sport button function. I have no idea whether it would drone bad or not, though.
Well thats probably the route Ill take then. if drone is too bad I can always adjust. I'm not going to really track the car so I'm not concerned with blowing the cats out or anything.
Old 09-14-2015 | 12:35 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Well thats probably the route Ill take then. if drone is too bad I can always adjust. I'm not going to really track the car so I'm not concerned with blowing the cats out or anything.
Awesome, let us know how it sounds like if you do it. Also note this significantly reduced back pressure will likely decrease low end torque. No idea by how much and/or if discernible to non professionals.
Old 09-14-2015 | 12:51 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Awesome, let us know how it sounds like if you do it. Also note this significantly reduced back pressure will likely decrease low end torque. No idea by how much and/or if discernible to non professionals.
doesnt matter too much to me truth be told, the car feels slow has anything under 5k RPM anyways. My new 16 won't be in for a few months (just specced it out) but Ill definitely check back. Im debating doing Regent Performance's product (completely titanium (may do inconel headers) for a complete solution as well...their stuff seems pretty on point.

Quick Reply: Exhaust upgrade-bbi