Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

As Simple As Black & White...GT3/Huracan...GTG

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 11:28 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Can I come? I obviously don't care much about depreciation since I have a McLaren! LOL
(I did buy it right though...)
Old 04-20-2015, 11:34 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Can I come? I obviously don't care much about depreciation since I have a McLaren! LOL
(I did buy it right though...)
You're always invited KY--we know you love depreciating cars...bring the other one... TTs
Old 04-21-2015, 12:33 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
You're always invited KY--we know you love depreciating cars...bring the other one... TTs
I hate you.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:39 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

ATX, if you get an Austin GTG going lemme know, want to check out a Huracan in person. So menacing in black.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:27 AM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice.

I'll be in Austin in two weeks for AMG Pro Academy at COTA. What do you guys recommend that I see and eat while I'm there?
Old 04-21-2015, 08:50 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

The Huracan is very sweet. I'll be the first to admit in the looks dept. its nicer than the GT3. IMHO I still think the Aventador is even better looking, but from what I hear the handling of the Huracan is a lot better. Either one I'd take in a heartbeat.

BTW - how is Huracan pronounced?

Jeff
Old 04-21-2015, 09:06 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by consolidated
ATX, if you get an Austin GTG going lemme know, want to check out a Huracan in person. So menacing in black.
Always good for a mini-GTG. I love seeing the GT3's...will PM
Originally Posted by nlpamg
Very nice.

I'll be in Austin in two weeks for AMG Pro Academy at COTA. What do you guys recommend that I see and eat while I'm there?
Stay downtown and you will have a 1000 places to go out. All depends on your mood and likes/dislikes. Warehouse district/5th and 4th streets have better places than 6th. Might try and make it to COTA on Sunday...

Originally Posted by jlanka
The Huracan is very sweet. I'll be the first to admit in the looks dept. its nicer than the GT3. IMHO I still think the Aventador is even better looking, but from what I hear the handling of the Huracan is a lot better. Either one I'd take in a heartbeat.

BTW - how is Huracan pronounced?

Jeff
I've driven both and have to agree Huracan is MUCH easier to drive and 'more lively'. As for pronunciation OO-RA-CON
Old 04-21-2015, 10:24 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nlpamg
Very nice.

Off the top of my head, choose by food and neighborhood.

BBQ
Franklins but PITA to get
so try...
Mickelwaiths (my favorite), John Muellers, La Barbeque, Lamberts

Uchi/Uchiko
Jacoby
Gardner
Tacodeli
Qui
La Condesa
Justines
Sway
Jeffreys

lots more...
Old 04-21-2015, 01:29 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 97 Posts

Oh please...Huracan is brand new body style so different game.

Go check the used market on them (at or above sticker). Gallardo is different story--like comparing 458 to upcoming 488.

But if you're worried about some depreciation, then yes, don't buy exotic supercar.

Then again if you're worried about depreciation just go buy a used Hyundai and that way you can sleep at night. For me I like to enjoy my cars.

But then again completely different price points so...

Like any car it's how you buy them upfront that matters...the rest is cost of entertainment.
Didn't mean to touch a sore point. Just being factual.

That said, you're right that if depreciation is an issue, buying certain upper end cars (like Lambo's) is not the way to go.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:18 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Nick
Didn't mean to touch a sore point. Just being factual.

That said, you're right that if depreciation is an issue, buying certain upper end cars (like Lambo's) is not the way to go.
You're actually not being factual as the secondary market for Huracan is still around or above sticker. You are trying to lump a new model year in with older years. Anyways, you will try and beat a dead horse.

You're obviously not an exotic buyer, so trying to make broad judgements are always easy from the sidelines. Exotic buyers enjoy their cars and not act like little old ladies about a dollar here or there.

And YES all production cars will depreciate...go check the TTs market

ANYWHO...back to the thread which was two cars getting together to talk shop...gesssssh
Old 04-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 97 Posts

You're actually not being factual as the secondary market for Huracan is still around or above sticker. You are trying to lump a new model year in with older years. Anyways, you will try and beat a dead horse.

You're obviously not an exotic buyer, so trying to make broad judgements are always easy from the sidelines. Exotic buyers enjoy their cars and not act like little old ladies about a dollar here or there.

And YES all production cars will depreciate...go check the TTs market

ANYWHO...back to the thread which was two cars getting together to talk shop...gesssssh
I was going to let you're silly comments pass but on second thought better of it.

First your two car get together ended up pissing all over the GT3. I am the first to agree that the Porsche's are not styled along Italian lines but to many car enthusiast that is exactly the way they like it. Lambo styling exemplifies over the top taste shouting to the public "look at me, look at me, please look at me." Some people need that.

Second, I don't know what you consider exotic cars but if Ferrari's are included then your dead wrong about me. I have owned Ferrari's for over 15 years. If you included Porsche TT's, I have owned those as well.

So please don't lecture me about exotic cars and their depreciation. The Huracan is new. Wait 6-12 months. The depreciation will be much greater than the GT3.

Finally, there was no need for you to be uppity. Expect push back on car sites if you make disparaging statements about cars.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:23 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Nick
I was going to let you're silly comments pass but on second thought better of it.

First your two car get together ended up pissing all over the GT3. I am the first to agree that the Porsche's are not styled along Italian lines but to many car enthusiast that is exactly the way they like it. Lambo styling exemplifies over the top taste shouting to the public "look at me, look at me, please look at me." Some people need that.

Second, I don't know what you consider exotic cars but if Ferrari's are included then your dead wrong about me. I have owned Ferrari's for over 15 years. If you included Porsche TT's, I have owned those as well.

So please don't lecture me about exotic cars and their depreciation. The Huracan is new. Wait 6-12 months. The depreciation will be much greater than the GT3.

Finally, there was no need for you to be uppity. Expect push back on car sites if you make disparaging statements about cars.
Zzzzzzz...ok enough already. Newsflash, Ferrari screams 'uppity' and 'look at me'...exactly what you are asserting about Lambo. And fantastic if you have Ferrari's and TTs then you know all about depreciation...more than most (now it's all making sense).

Now we will agree to disagree or you can feel free to PM me if you have any other comments, since you have hijacked this thread.

Thank you.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:22 PM
am722
Drifting

How is the start/stop technology in the Huracan? I've only experienced it while riding in a co-worker's 5-series (several years ago, when the tech was newish), and from that very small sample it seemed pretty jarring/irritating. I have to assume it's improved quite a bit since then, especially if Lamborghini is using it.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:24 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by am722
How is the start/stop technology in the Huracan? I've only experienced it while riding in a co-worker's 5-series (several years ago, when the tech was newish), and from that very small sample it seemed pretty jarring/irritating. I have to assume it's improved quite a bit since then, especially if Lamborghini is using it.
Don't think there is start/stop in it--if there is I have not used it. I always drive in 'Sport' mode.

Maybe it's in Strada mode...let me do some homework.

I hate start/stop, so glad I have not seen it.

Paid gas guzzler tax, so not sure there is one in it.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:45 PM
am722
Drifting

Don't think there is start/stop in it--if there is I have not used it. I always drive in 'Sport' mode.

Maybe it's in Strada mode...let me do some homework.

I hate start/stop, so glad I have not seen it.

Paid gas guzzler tax, so not sure there is one in it.
I Googled it after I saw your response. It has it, but apparently is selectable so you don't have to use it.

From the press release:

Also thanks to the Stop & Start technology, the combined EU consumption figure has been further reduced to 12.5 liters per 100 km (290 g/km CO2 emissions). The engine complies with EU6 emissions regulation.
But according to this, you can choose whether you want to use it. Nice--gets the mileage up for the regulators, but you can disable it and not have to deal with it. http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbfo...hnology-61282/