Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to set the time to my time zone.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 08:57 PM
viprklr
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How to set the time to my time zone.

First of all, I have read the manual cover to cover (Just covering up front before someone flames me). I went into the PCM and got to the "Set Car" along with fiddling with ever other possible heading. I cannot find the area to set the GPS time zone & since it came from Ca. it is still reading 3 hours behind. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Todd
Old 04-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

It's not set in PCM, it's set in the Vehicle menu in the multi-function instrument in the cluster. Push the stalk forward to bring up the vehicle menu. Select "Settings" and one of your choices will be "Date and Time". It's simple from there.

Page 99 of the Owner's manual, not the PCM manual, BTW.....
Old 04-04-2015, 10:09 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 774 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
It's not set in PCM, it's set in the Vehicle menu in the multi-function instrument in the cluster. Push the stalk forward to bring up the vehicle menu. Select "Settings" and one of your choices will be "Date and Time". It's simple from there.
Still doesnt work. I had to pick a different time zone to get the correct time.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:13 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

If you are off an hour deep in the time setting is the option for daylight savings time.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:13 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Still doesnt work. I had to pick a different time zone to get the correct time.
Well, yeah, it does. It's just that choosing the time zone is part of the process (actually the main part) and it needs to be done in the MF display not PCM which is where the OP was originally looking.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:43 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 384 Likes on 215 Posts

Well, yeah, it does. It's just that choosing the time zone is part of the process (actually the main part) and it needs to be done in the MF display not PCM which is where the OP was originally looking.
And as Montoya said there is the daylight savings box to check or uncheck.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:40 AM
viprklr
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks guys. I was just thinking about that while at church tonight that it might be something like that with the stalk. My 996TT is same way. Thought the the GT3 after 12 years might have "evolved" from that.

Last edited by viprklr; 04-05-2015 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-05-2015, 03:32 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

The car will select the proper time zone based on GPS. All we need to do is tell the car if we are on daylight savings or not.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Just in time
The car will select the proper time zone based on GPS. All we need to do is tell the car if we are on daylight savings or not.
I should have checked all of the options more carefully before posting. I never found it necessary to set the time myself since it was already correct.

Anyway, what you say is true IF the "GPS time" box is checked in the Date/Time settings section. If it isn't checked, then it's possible and I think necessary to set the time manually. The time zone is also listed but grayed out in my car. However, I have NAV. I suspect that in cars without the NAV function the time zone setting might be active. Or maybe it's just informational.

Since the OP's time setting was wrong, then either the GPS time box wasn't checked, he doesn't have the NAV option, or he hasn't yet turned on the car outside where it can link to GPS. (His sig line does say he has "0" miles)
Old 04-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

I should have checked all of the options more carefully before posting. I never found it necessary to set the time myself since it was already correct.

Anyway, what you say is true IF the "GPS time" box is checked in the Date/Time settings section. If it isn't checked, then it's possible and I think necessary to set the time manually. The time zone is also listed but grayed out in my car. However, I have NAV. I suspect that in cars without the NAV function the time zone setting might be active. Or maybe it's just informational.

Since the OP's time setting was wrong, then either the GPS time box wasn't checked, he doesn't have the NAV option, or he hasn't yet turned on the car outside where it can link to GPS. (His sig line does say he has "0" miles)
All true. I should have been less economical with my words!
Old 08-31-2015, 08:25 AM
dremelius
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car will not select the correct time zone. I have the GPS time box checked but when I travel from one time zone to another, the time does not update. I have had to manually change the time zone. When I use the Navigation and my destination is in a different time zone, it tells me the wrong arrival time by an hour because it does not recognize that I will be travelling to a different time zone. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: How to set the time to my time zone.