Sponsored by:

Just arrived: My 2015 PTS Basalt GT3!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 09:01 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eilig
It was an absolutely surreal week... This is what arrived 3 days before the GT3...

Congrats on another beautiful toy, might find it difficult now to share your time with them.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:16 PM
KEEPUP
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! I like The contrast of the LED headlight housing on bb
Old 03-30-2015, 12:23 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Guys at Woodhouse always treated me well when I lived in Des Moines.
Nice car!
The Speciale is okay too.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:35 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

It is Basalt -- that's why I had to order it via PTS.
Why? WHY? WHY?

You know that someone had to give you crap for "wasting" your PTS order on a standard color.

Enjoy it, looks ummm....standard, but good!
Old 03-30-2015, 10:10 AM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Why? WHY? WHY?

You know that someone had to give you crap for "wasting" your PTS order on a standard color.

Enjoy it, looks ummm....standard, but good!
Yeah, I knew that was going to happen... BUT!!!! You don't know the whole story!!!!!!!

I agonized over color for months on my 2014 build, and FINALLY settled on Basalt. Then my 2014 build was canceled. Then I went to spec out my 2015. Then Basalt was NOT available! Thus, the agony returned!

It was Porsche's fault that I couldn't get my 2014 with Basalt. Thus, it was Porsche's problem to solve. The solution was for them to offer me Basalt as a PTS on my 2015 at no additional charge! So, I end up with the color that I want. And I end up with a one-off 2015 (i.e. the ONLY 2015 GT3 painted this color!)

I don't care if you think this was a "WASTE." For me, it most certainly was NOT a "WASTE" of a PTS. Rather, it was a very reasonable solution to a problem created by cancellation of my 2014 build.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:14 AM
eilig
Rennlist Member

And by the way, Montoya, since you're so open about sharing your opinion, now I'll share mine...

JPM (Juan Pablo Montoya) was one of the most overrated F1 drivers. Hell, he can't even cut it in NASCAR (i.e. redneck racing). I used to love observing the reaction of his little ego when he got passed by Schumacher over and over again.

Did you notice how fat and out of shape he became when he switched to NASCAR?
Old 03-30-2015, 10:23 AM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Holy crap kyrocks! Where are you going to fit all those 2015/2016 cars? Im jealous. Feeling lucky to be able to get a GT4 as well. Drive a different porsche everyday of the week lol.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:28 AM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Guys at Woodhouse always treated me well when I lived in Des Moines.
Nice car!
The Speciale is okay too.
Thanks man. Yes, Woodhouse is awesome. Always a pleasure to do business with them. They are presently doubling the size of their showroom and service area. Should be quite nice when the construction is complete.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:30 AM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Holy crap kyrocks! Where are you going to fit all those 2015/2016 cars? Im jealous. Feeling lucky to be able to get a GT4 as well. Drive a different porsche everyday of the week lol.
Spoke with Woodhouse over the weekend about getting on the list for a GT4... So far the list is 10 deep! Indeed you are VERY LUCKY!!
Old 03-30-2015, 10:42 AM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah I think I gave Brian a deposit over a year ago when I first heard some rumors about it.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:55 AM
BLUdog
Rennlist Member

Yeah, I knew that was going to happen... BUT!!!! You don't know the whole story!!!!!!!

I agonized over color for months on my 2014 build, and FINALLY settled on Basalt. Then my 2014 build was canceled. Then I went to spec out my 2015. Then Basalt was NOT available! Thus, the agony returned!

It was Porsche's fault that I couldn't get my 2014 with Basalt. Thus, it was Porsche's problem to solve. The solution was for them to offer me Basalt as a PTS on my 2015 at no additional charge! So, I end up with the color that I want. And I end up with a one-off 2015 (i.e. the ONLY 2015 GT3 painted this color!)

I don't care if you think this was a "WASTE." For me, it most certainly was NOT a "WASTE" of a PTS. Rather, it was a very reasonable solution to a problem created by cancellation of my 2014 build.
I had heard this story from (I believe) our mutual SA at Woodhouse. Glad you could get your choice of color. It is PTS because Basalt isn't offered in the standard palette for 2015 but I assume it really wasn't much of a stretch for Porsche to do it.

I'm curious: why not the LWB? I heard your car was finished and waiting for 18 ways for a loooong time (adding to the already ridiculous wait).
Old 03-30-2015, 11:01 AM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BLUdog
I had heard this story from (I believe) our mutual SA at Woodhouse. Glad you could get your choice of color. It is PTS because Basalt isn't offered in the standard palette for 2015 but I assume it really wasn't much of a stretch for Porsche to do it.

I'm curious: why not the LWB? I heard your car was finished and waiting for 18 ways for a loooong time (adding to the already ridiculous wait).
Believe it or not, when PTS was first offered as a way for Porsche to solve this problem, they told us that we would have to wait 6 months for the "research process" to be completed, in order for Basalt to be added to the PTS color palette.... Because "technically," Basalt is/was not a color ever offered via PTS. We got PCNA involved and pointed out that the "research process" was ridiculous, because the car was produced in this color just a year prior! So actually, it was a bit of a stretch to get it in PTS, believe it or not...

Based on my intended use of the car, the LWB just aren't a good option for me. Plus I have a bad back, and have issues with the LWB in terms of comfort. On the other hand, I've never had any issues with the Adaptives, so for me, it was worth the wait to get these seats....
Old 03-30-2015, 11:18 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

And by the way, Montoya, since you're so open about sharing your opinion, now I'll share mine...

JPM (Juan Pablo Montoya) was one of the most overrated F1 drivers. Hell, he can't even cut it in NASCAR (i.e. redneck racing). I used to love observing the reaction of his little ego when he got passed by Schumacher over and over again.

Did you notice how fat and out of shape he became when he switched to NASCAR?
Blah, blah, blah- just poking fun at you!

I know Montoya is long overrated- it's a handle going back years to my BMW days.

Enjoy your new car, I knew the story, but couldn't resist the chance to rib you anyways! At least Porsche did the right thing by you, they left a lot of us holding the bag on PTS.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:26 AM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Yeah, this PTS was only offered to me as a way of correcting the Basalt issue. If I had tried to use it to get any other PTS color, it most certainly would have been a no-go -- I'm 100% certain of that. So it's not like I "stole" a PTS allocation from someone else.... This was only done by Porsche to correct this issue. All said, I'm very satisfied with how it turned out, and hats off to Porsche for doing right by me.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:51 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Yeah, this PTS was only offered to me as a way of correcting the Basalt issue. If I had tried to use it to get any other PTS color, it most certainly would have been a no-go -- I'm 100% certain of that. So it's not like I "stole" a PTS allocation from someone else.... This was only done by Porsche to correct this issue. All said, I'm very satisfied with how it turned out, and hats off to Porsche for doing right by me.
Well, all things considered, I think everyone impacted by the stop sale was treated very fairly. Similar situation with the E46 M3 engine issue, took more work by everyone to get BMW to do the right thing- Porsche sets a new (and expensive) standard going forward. If it is true that PTS became such a problem for Porsche, the fact that they gave you your color as a PTS probably meant this required sign off way up the food chain.

Again, just teasing you before. Car is beautiful and Porsche should have you on a preferred customer list for the long wait they put you through. You should use the contacts to get the RS if you want one (or do you have one on order?).

Quick Reply: Just arrived: My 2015 PTS Basalt GT3!