Sponsored by:

Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 05:01 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Advice Needed

I have a deposit on a GT3RS. I had the SA put in writing on his company's letter that I would be getting their 1st GT3RS allocation. For the past few days, I have been emailing and calling the SA inquiring about my slot confirmation without a response. I know for a fact that the dealership did receive 2 allocations so I am getting annoyed with the lack of communication from my SA and have a feeling that my slot will be given to someone else for more money. I thought of calling the sales manager but then I realized that SA probably has nothing to do with this and it has more to do with the management so my call to the manager would be worthless. The other solution that comes to my mind is to take legal action against the dealer. Unfortunately or fortunately, my line of business has turned me into one litigious SOB so I have no issue incurring legal fees to get what belongs to me but then again this is just a car and I don't know if its worth getting aggravated over it. What is my other recourse in this matter? Would PCNA give a damn and do something about this? I would appreciate if someone can guide me in this matter.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:04 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Today is Saturday, typically the busiest day at a dealership. Go there, and ask very loudly what is going on and stay until they give you an answer. It is much more difficult for people to screw people to their face.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:05 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you kidding me?

The ONLY person who will make determinations is the GSM or GM. So YES, that's who you need to be speaking with.

Have you ever thought maybe the SA is off?

Either way trying to sue you would be laughed out of court.

PCNA could careless.

Fairly clear now?
Old 03-21-2015, 05:06 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Today is Saturday, typically the busiest day at a dealership. Go there, and ask very loudly what is going on and stay until they give you an answer. It is much more difficult for people to screw people to their face.
It is an out of state dealer so I cannot go there.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 712 Likes on 338 Posts

Letter to GM/principal attaching copy of your letter re msrp, first allocation. Advise you intend to rely on it.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:08 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
Are you kidding me?

The ONLY person who will make determinations is the GSM or GM. So YES, that's who you need to be speaking with.

Have you ever thought maybe the SA is off?

Either way trying to sue you would be laughed out of court.

PCNA could careless.

Fairly clear now?
Should I give the SA a few more days to get back to me. I don't want to **** anyone off but then again I feel that I am being taken advantage of.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:08 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CGT000
You must speak to the GM...
Old 03-21-2015, 05:09 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

I belive you are SOL.....or if you're lucky the slots went to 918 owners and you are next....
Old 03-21-2015, 05:11 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Should I give the SA a few more days to get back to me. I don't want to **** anyone off but then again I feel that I am being taken advantage of.
Give the SA 'til Monday then call GM and explain circumstances. Sat is NOT the day to do this. Be prepared to hear something from the GM you may not like..."sorry we don't have you on our list" or something similar.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:11 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I am afraid you may be SOL. Those decisions are made by top brass, so I would ask for the GM but not sure if it'll change things. Worth making noise trying, especially that he is not a local dealer that you care about.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:13 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
I belive you are SOL.....or if you're lucky the slots went to 918 owners and you are next....
Definitely not SOL. Not the first some has tried to F me. Courts and attorney have always been my friend.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:14 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

I will call GM on Monday and will keep you guys posted. Never thought this would happen dealing with a Porsche dealer !!
Old 03-21-2015, 05:16 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Definitely not SOL. Not the first some has tried to F me. Courts and attorney have always been my friend.
If you go that route, be prepared to lose them as a resource forever and if they know your local dealerships, they may share the info. I like to think ahead. Nothing obligates a private vender to sell you a car, especially a limited run one. I guess it also depends on the language of the letter you have.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:19 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

If you have it in writing that you get first RS allocation. And you know others have bumped you. Sue their pants off! I never hesitate to go to court. Often I prefer to first file the case in court before I negotiate. But then I come from family line of lawyers.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:23 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
If you go that route, be prepared to lose them as a resource forever and if they know your local dealerships, they may share the info. I like to think ahead. Nothing obligates a private vender to sell you a car, especially a limited run one. I guess it also depends on the language of the letter you have.
^^This.

People who are sue happy are the reason our court systems are so backed up. I can hear the judge now...."case dismissed"

Quick Reply: Advice Needed