Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Personal Invitation to 911 GT3 Coustomers - Heard Anything?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 10:35 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Maybe that should be my new on line name...."T-Bone"! Ala George Castanza!
That's a great online name! But as was said, we all did our share of T-Boning!
Old 05-17-2015, 10:51 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Engeljizzle
Wackamole - 75
Kick Plate - 35mph

BAM

Sorry I was proud of myself lol.

Overall the event was fun. Track did get backed up and it was a little sketchy because there was no run-off. Porsche did a great job in showing their appreciation for the GT3 owners. (make sure we keep buying cars from them). Make sure when doing the low friction exercise to ask to take off traction control. I did good on kick plate and skid plate and they let me link drift the entire low friction area. That was my favorite part.
Since we are bragging, I managed to pull the steering wheel off from its base twice. The second time it happened, I was prepared and managed to reattach it without even crashing. Still won the race by 15 seconds. Strong, fast, calm under pressure - BAM LOL

The low friction area was my favorite part too.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:43 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,588 Likes on 736 Posts

I just booked a 2 hour thing next week to see if I fit in a Cayman and check out the place. Look forward to see it all in person.
RS drovers just need to wait in line and pay.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:54 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I just booked a 2 hour thing next week to see if I fit in a Cayman and check out the place. Look forward to see it all in person. RS drovers just need to wait in line and pay.
You'll enjoy the experience. Great group of people there in Atlanta. It is probably setting the new standard for test driving a car.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:26 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Anybody attending June 2-3?
Old 05-22-2015, 08:23 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

CAUTION!!!!!!!

does everybody remember those cool little pieces of leather at the exclusive room? The embossing machine was great giving us a nice piece of dyed leather with the Porsche logo.

Well, long story short, make sure it's not in one of your pockets going into the washing machine. We know have a full load of laundry dyed red!......doh!
Old 05-23-2015, 07:24 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 72 Posts

CAUTION!!!!!!!

does everybody remember those cool little pieces of leather at the exclusive room? The embossing machine was great giving us a nice piece of dyed leather with the Porsche logo.

Well, long story short, make sure it's not in one of your pockets going into the washing machine. We know have a full load of laundry dyed red!......doh!
Nick, thanks for the heads up. I am using it under my trackpad and it works well.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:18 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nick
Nick, thanks for the heads up. I am using it under my trackpad and it works well.
Mine is in the trash. The wash completely removed the embossed logo and destroyed the leather, along with my clothes.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:55 PM
JCL59
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I just booked a 2 hour thing next week to see if I fit in a Cayman and check out the place. Look forward to see it all in person.
RS drovers just need to wait in line and pay.
You will be bored! Youre waaayyyy past this track 'experience'.... Bldgs well done tho. Wanted to see it from a development perspective. Ridiculously tight site... Kinda like a carnival. Lotta **** crammed into a midway..

Last edited by JCL59; 05-23-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:42 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCL59
You will be bored! Youre waaayyyy past this track 'experience'.... Bldgs well done tho. Wanted to see it from a development perspective. Ridiculously tight site... Kinda like a carnival. Lotta **** crammed into a midway..
I found it very entertaining. As long as you know it is not a "track" experience, it is fun....at least I thought so. All the beautiful cars inside, getting to drive the different cars outside...it was fun to me. Then again I like carnivals. It's definitely NOT a track day, but it is an experience. The LA site is supposed to be larger and focused on Motorsport support.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:56 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,588 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by JCL59
Just going to see the facility and cars like doubleurx says. Want to test sit a Cayman with LWB and just take a look around, with brother and friends. Ha to be in ATL anyway.

I imagine it being a fun showroom
Old 05-24-2015, 03:03 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Just going to see the facility and cars like doubleurx says. Want to test sit a Cayman with LWB and just take a look around, with brother and friends. Ha to be in ATL anyway.

I imagine it being a fun showroom
If you have that attitude, it won't be a disappointment at all. You'll be able to try out the Cayman in a way that you'd never be able to do at a regular dealer. There's other cool stuff to see there as well; I think you'll find it enjoyable.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:13 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
If you have that attitude, it won't be a disappointment at all. You'll be able to try out the Cayman in a way that you'd never be able to do at a regular dealer. There's other cool stuff to see there as well; I think you'll find it enjoyable.
Especially with friends! Next event, Rennsport Reunion. Currently setting up reservations! Should be fun again.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:33 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Especially with friends! Next event, Rennsport Reunion. Currently setting up reservations! Should be fun again.
I'm really looking forward to getting the band back together!
Old 05-24-2015, 08:24 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

you find any hotel that wasnt insanely priced?

Quick Reply: Personal Invitation to 911 GT3 Coustomers - Heard Anything?