Sponsored by:

Seeking advise

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking advise

So the story started when, during European Delivery Porsche drilled hole on my front bumper for the license plate (before my arrival), although I requested to use a tow hook license plate holder and Jamie approved it.

I told them I am not taking delivery of a car that is damaged, they promised me at the factory that they will make this right. A week later, I received an email from Jamie telling me that she will give me a brand new bumper once the car arrives in New York. The bumper has been ordered and will be installed at the port, before my delivery (this is in early Nov).

I took delivery of my car on the 12th of Dec. No new bumper was in installed. Jamie informed me that there was a delay in bumper supply, it would be weeks before they can get me a new bumper. Instead of waiting, I was told I could pick up the car, and when the bumper arrives have me dealer install it.

Since delivery, I have heard nothing from Porsche. Over the last 3 weeks, I have spoken to my dealer, my dealer emailed Porsche and I contacted Porsche myself. But I have not heard back from them at all! Zero respond.

Is there anything I can do? Or should I just assume that they are not going to fix my bumper, instead get it fixed myself?

To make matter worst, I have already got my whole car wrapped, the only part uncovered is the front bumper (because I presume that Porsche will give me a new one). So as each day goes by, my bumper is collecting stone chip and etc...
Old 01-29-2015, 12:32 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

I would be working with the General Manager at the Dealership where the car was purchased. Hopefully you have a good relationship because he should be able to help. Also - I have to believe it is just (2) very small holes so it ain't going to kill you. Enjoy the car while you continue to put pressure on getting a new bumper. And since you will probably be getting a new bumper who cares if it is not covered. Or just spend the few hundred dollars for a piece of mind. But, I also hope you got this in writing from Jaime or on an email. I just do not trust any one - a blessing at times and a curse other times.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:39 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,738 Likes on 5,126 Posts

Originally Posted by Fowwiee
So the story started when, during European Delivery Porsche drilled hole on my front bumper for the license plate (before my arrival), although I requested to use a tow hook license plate holder and Jamie approved it.

I told them I am not taking delivery of a car that is damaged, they promised me at the factory that they will make this right. A week later, I received an email from Jamie telling me that she will give me a brand new bumper once the car arrives in New York. The bumper has been ordered and will be installed at the port, before my delivery (this is in early Nov).

I took delivery of my car on the 12th of Dec. No new bumper was in installed. Jamie informed me that there was a delay in bumper supply, it would be weeks before they can get me a new bumper. Instead of waiting, I was told I could pick up the car, and when the bumper arrives have me dealer install it.

Since delivery, I have heard nothing from Porsche. Over the last 3 weeks, I have spoken to my dealer, my dealer emailed Porsche and I contacted Porsche myself. But I have not heard back from them at all! Zero respond.

Is there anything I can do? Or should I just assume that they are not going to fix my bumper, instead get it fixed myself?

To make matter worst, I have already got my whole car wrapped, the only part uncovered is the front bumper (because I presume that Porsche will give me a new one). So as each day goes by, my bumper is collecting stone chip and etc...
I think quite a few things are on back order for the GT3.

Even as something as simple and benign as the front lip spoiler is on back order.

Hang in there. I realize it has to be frustrating, but I assume you have everything in writing (i.e., PAG will replace with new bumper etc.), so it's just a matter of time.

Enjoy the car, and good luck.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:40 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Persistence....keep the pressure on the dealer....
Old 01-29-2015, 12:47 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I was rear ended and there was only one replacement bumper cover in Germany. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no front bumper covers either.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:52 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

This is where the JIT system begins to show it's weakness. One vendor in a hundred can shut you down.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:54 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

bigkraig, you should probably put a tracking device on your front bumper when the car goes in the shop.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:33 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucky, I do have it in writing! I guess I will keep waiting.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:42 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You have the dealer's GM on side so it shouldn't be a problem, hang in there.

Quick Reply: Seeking advise