Sponsored by:

24 Hours of LeMans

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 03:32 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts
Default 24 Hours of LeMans

For those of you who have gone, how did you arrange for tickets? And, do you have a whole trip itinerary you'd care to share?

http://ticket.lemans.org/info-tribunes-auto

If not this year, I maybe interested in booking a trip the next to check this out and would appreciate any insight from those who may have already done a trip to watch this event.

Dan (broadens his race watching horizons)
Old 01-25-2015, 03:43 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Hrm,

http://www.lemans24tour.com/LeMans24...urfeatures.htm

Dan (self-updates the thread)
Old 01-25-2015, 03:56 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

We went last year for the return of Porsche in LMP1.
We used Travel Destinations of the UK to book our Flexhotel site at the track. No hotels near the track. We used Fast Lane Travel for all other events including all access tickets for the week. Tickets and full time guides got us in the Porsche pits during the race. Pre race you can go anywhere you want , paddock, pits etc. with the tickets.
Both companies are on line and were great, but not cheap not including airfare about $10K.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:47 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Rustycat. The trip is way more expensive than I care for unless it's attached to a full european vacation.

Dan (will revisit next year or the year after that)
Old 01-25-2015, 10:00 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if there is an RV camping area on site ? Rent an RV...
Old 01-26-2015, 01:48 AM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

24 hrs of Le Mans is a great event. Every car/racing guy must go at least once! For the first time I would recommend going on a tour (check out GP tours and many others). I went a few years ago with corvette racing and it was a great experience. You can easily work it in with a European vacation - a short train ride from Paris or you can rent a car and drive like I did (2.5 hrs). Like others have said, it's not cheap. However, you can do a package for a few grand or so for 2 people ( not including airfare). It truly is a surreal experience for people like us who grew up watching the race and movies like Le Mans.

Next time I go I will book the whole thing myself, now that I have been before. The other must do event is Monaco GP. I have a friend who has one of the premier hospitality events on a yacht with one of the best viewing locations- he is friends with Prince Albert. Henrik Fischer, Steve Wynn, cast of twilight, super models, prince and wife, Alex Rossi, etc. were on yacht. It was pretty cool.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:50 AM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rockitman
I wonder if there is an RV camping area on site ? Rent an RV...
They don't really have rv's in Europe. I saw a few, but it's not like here in the US.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:26 AM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I did not see any RV's. It is a hoot to see a Lambo with a pup tent next to it. 300,000 of your closest friends.
I should have been more clear about the cost. We spent an extra $1k each way to get to and from the track and DeGaulle. Trains were on strike and rental cars were sold out.

Quick Reply: 24 Hours of LeMans