Sponsored by:

Received my PDK sports button , but sports mode not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 08:08 AM
Lebo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Received my PDK sports button , but sports mode not working

I finally got the PDK sports button installed by the dealer and looked fine . Unfortunately the mapping or something is wrong , on auto it does not DOWNSHIFT !!!! And even while driving it on any gear and on any throttle input it does not go up to a higher gear unless i reach 9000 rpm .
Does anyone have a mapping of the software on gear changing ?? as the dealer is going to inspect this and probably redo the whole remapping if this is the problem . I would like to make sure my car is synchronized properly when pdk sport is in auto mode .
I can't believe porsche reached to this level of quality inspection.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:50 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another interesting scenario. Let's hope they get this issue sorted out soon for you.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:55 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

I would definitely have the re map everything as if it were factory new. I'm surprised they didn't do this to begin with. Keep us up to date...
Old 01-24-2015, 11:04 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In what auto mode? This PDK-S does not act like a normal PDK. Auto-normal or Auto-Sport
Old 01-24-2015, 11:15 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

In Sport mode, the PDK will not downshift no matter how slow you are in a higher gear or how deep into the throttle you go. If you drive in a spirited way, it won't shift until close to or at 9K. If you drive in a very relaxed way, it should shift before 9K but usually not before 4 or 5. Is your car taking you to 9,000 even if you are driving very conservatively?
Old 01-24-2015, 11:28 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
In Sport mode, the PDK will not downshift no matter how slow you are in a higher gear or how deep into the throttle you go.
I think you are referring to the lack of kick down in sport mode upon application of throttle. The problem op is describing is that the car wont downshift in sport mode period, even when he applies brakes and slows down. Further regardless of type of throttle input he has upshifts at 9000 only.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:59 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
I think you are referring to the lack of kick down in sport mode upon application of throttle. The problem op is describing is that the car wont downshift in sport mode period, even when he applies brakes and slows down. Further regardless of type of throttle input he has upshifts at 9000 only.
Yeah, you're right. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:18 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
Are you sure that's what the OP means?

OP in sport mode the up shift you reference is normal. It will hold to 9000 rpm to shift. Are you saying that when you decelerate it stays in the higher gear and won't downshift at all as the RPM drops? If it doesn't downshift at all as you stated, does it stall?
Old 01-24-2015, 12:42 PM
Lebo
Instructor

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
In Sport mode, the PDK will not downshift no matter how slow you are in a higher gear or how deep into the throttle you go. If you drive in a spirited way, it won't shift until close to or at 9K. If you drive in a very relaxed way, it should shift before 9K but usually not before 4 or 5. Is your car taking you to 9,000 even if you are driving very conservatively?
That's the problem , if I drive in a relaxed way or a spirited way it does not downshift and takes me to 9000 rpm on every gear and need to shift manually while in auto...exactly how aamersa stated it
Old 01-24-2015, 12:46 PM
Lebo
Instructor

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Are you sure that's what the OP means?

OP in sport mode the up shift you reference is normal. It will hold to 9000 rpm to shift. Are you saying that when you decelerate it stays in the higher gear and won't downshift at all as the RPM drops? If it doesn't downshift at all as you stated, does it stall?
Yes it stays in the higher gear and won't downshift when the RPM drops , but no stalling . It seems as if the remapping they did when they installed my missing button was short or was not done properly and car was not properly tested.

Quick Reply: Received my PDK sports button , but sports mode not working