991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peer pressure strikes again - GT3 wins out

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015 | 12:24 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

This is the review that confirms your choice. He is supposedly reviewing the gts but every second sentence he can't stop praising the gt3.
Old 01-17-2015 | 12:36 PM
mcipseric
Rennlist Member

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see it.
Old 01-17-2015 | 01:56 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Congratulations!

What dealer did you buy from?

Vivian.
Old 01-17-2015 | 03:11 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

I wonder how many new gt3 owners wouldn't have bought the gt3 if it wasn't a pdk... I wouldn't even think of a gts EVER. But if it was a stick would you still have bought the gt3... unfortunately i find PDk gt3 brings out a lot of non drivers XD. at least the manual you need to kinda know how to drive a stick. A lot of garage queens that have never owned a Porsche or GT anything. Kinda miss having the stick now not because it would make the car "more involving" but the owners would be "more conscious " with driving it right.
Old 01-17-2015 | 03:25 PM
LAGinz
Pro

I might be in that category , but for somewhat different reasons. I've driven exclusively clutch cars for the past 35 years, all in the LA area. The traffic has reached such epic proportions recently I began to rethink my choices. The clincher was the fact that my last car had a killer clutch that was starting to give me foot problems. PDK S with paddles was the perfect solution for me.
Old 01-17-2015 | 03:29 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Never made the decision - right or wrong - unless we see PICTURES!

Congrats and welcome to this madhouse.
Old 01-17-2015 | 03:57 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DMoore
I've been dithering for weeks between a 991 GTS that I ordered and a GT3 that arrived at my dealership a week after the GTS did. Everyone on this board, and several on the 991 board, said "GT3."

Dilemma resolved. I just drove home in the GT3.

White, front end lift, sport chrono, nav/sound pkg plus, fire extinguisher, bi-xenons in black, seat belts and instruments in guards red. And one more option - lightweight sport buckets!

Yes, it came with "the button." It also came with the center lock removal polygon tool. And Dunlops. I don't mind; if I don't like them, they won't last long.

Last but not least -- BELOW (but not much) MSRP. It's my seventh Porsche in seven years from the same dealer, so they do treat me pretty well.

DMoore
'15 991 GT3
'13 970 GTS
Nicely done! In what part of the country is your dealer? Stumbling upon a white car with LWBs in stock for under MSRP is quite the accomplishment!!
Old 01-17-2015 | 04:05 PM
DMoore
Pro

Originally Posted by bigkraig
Congratulations Dwight!
Ummm... what is that picture in your avatar? It looks more orange than red. Is it your same GT3 or did you just get another one from LT?

Dwight
Old 01-17-2015 | 04:08 PM
DMoore
Pro

Originally Posted by irish guitar
Congratulations!

What dealer did you buy from?

Vivian.
Walter's in Riverside. My seventh Porsche from them - I can't say enough good things about them.

DMoore
'15 991 GT3
'13 970 GTS
Old 01-17-2015 | 04:10 PM
DMoore
Pro

Originally Posted by Mech33
Nicely done! In what part of the country is your dealer? Stumbling upon a white car with LWBs in stock for under MSRP is quite the accomplishment!!
Southern California. I didn't exactly stumble across it - I was made aware of the car about the time it was being built and tracked it from there. I had my name on it as well as the GTS I'd actually ordered for quite some time.

They are an extremely cooperative dealership, and having a long term relationship with them certainly helps!

DMoore
'15 991 GT3
'13 970 GTS
Old 01-17-2015 | 04:15 PM
DMoore
Pro

Originally Posted by gt2urbo
I wonder how many new gt3 owners wouldn't have bought the gt3 if it wasn't a pdk... I wouldn't even think of a gts EVER. But if it was a stick would you still have bought the gt3... unfortunately i find PDk gt3 brings out a lot of non drivers XD. at least the manual you need to kinda know how to drive a stick. A lot of garage queens that have never owned a Porsche or GT anything. Kinda miss having the stick now not because it would make the car "more involving" but the owners would be "more conscious " with driving it right.
I'd like to think I know how to drive (I may be kidding myself) but I'm stuck on the PDK. I'm a DE and AX instructor with PCA and a PDS instructor with POC. I broke my right ankle severely in a skydiving accident 20+ years ago, and since then I've never been able to heel and toe worth a damn.

I first drove a PDK at the PSDS school when they came out in 2009 and immediately fell in love. I'd been driving manuals prior to that, and the Tiptronic was a mess on the track. The PDK changed all that.

I still enjoy a stick shift on the street, but I have my problems with them on the track. I love my PDK GT3 - it's my sixth Porsche with PDK.

DMoore
'15 991 GT3
'13 970 GTS
Old 01-17-2015 | 04:16 PM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Congratulations Keep us informed especially later when you are tracking it. :-)
Old 01-18-2015 | 12:19 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DMoore
Ummm... what is that picture in your avatar? It looks more orange than red. Is it your same GT3 or did you just get another one from LT?

Dwight
Ha! I WISH! I don't think she's going to be parting with either of those cars anytime soon. It looks more orange than red because the iPhone takes pretty terrible pictures of GR.
Old 01-18-2015 | 01:59 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Dude, all talk and no pics! No visual proof - it never happened!!!!!!

Seriously though - white is SOOOO nice on the GT3 - with clear tails and side markers! Would have been my second choice after my GR...

Quick Reply: Peer pressure strikes again - GT3 wins out