Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seeking owner feedback on the 991 GT3 for a story...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 11:07 PM
MichaelHarley
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking owner feedback on the 991 GT3 for a story...

I am the Editor-in-Chief of AutoWeb, a new site that launches next week (I was formerly West Coast Editor of Autoblog).

Long story short, I recently spent several days with a Racing Yellow GT3 (optioned with PCCB and LED headlights) and I am writing a review. In addition to my words, I'd like to know why owners chose their GT3s... and those words will be included at the end of the story (with your username and a link to this forum).

AutoWeb is a site designed to help shoppers, so comments like, "It kicks ***!" or "Corvettes suck!" may be true but they really aren't helpful. Instead, I'd like to hear why you chose the GT3 over the Viper, Z06, GT-R, etc... what you really like about it, and how often you drive it (is it your daily driver?).

Feel free to ask me questions, or send me a PM if you don't want to post comments in this thread.

- Mike
Old 01-15-2015, 01:06 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

That's cool and all but I think you should at least be a rennlist member same as other editors from different mags on this forum. Plus you'll be able to receive PM's to boot....
Old 01-15-2015, 02:39 PM
MichaelHarley
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by montoya
That's cool and all but I think you should at least be a rennlist member same as other editors from different mags on this forum. Plus you'll be able to receive PM's to boot....
I've got to cover 200+ models on the market, making it nearly impossible to join/manage forums for each. Plus, there are countless forums for each brand that I am requesting feedback from... I don't only want owner feedback from this forum.

That said, I own a Porsche 930 and I have 4,000+ posts on Pelican (username is "Emission")... I'm a regular on forums, just not on Rennlist.

Thanks for your help,

- Mike
Old 01-15-2015, 05:44 PM
3point9liters
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MichaelHarley

I've got to cover 200+ models on the market, making it nearly impossible to join/manage forums for each. Plus, there are countless forums for each brand that I am requesting feedback from... I don't only want owner feedback from this forum.

That said, I own a Porsche 930 and I have 4,000+ posts on Pelican (username is "Emission")... I'm a regular on forums, just not on Rennlist.

Thanks for your help,

- Mike
What Montoya said, buddy. In fact, you can just browse through those "my car finally arrived" to get some of the comments you are looking for.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:08 PM
MichaelHarley
Cruisin'

Gotcha.

In all honesty, I'd prefer to have owners know that they are being quoted.

If anyone wants to send me an e-mail directly, I can be reached at: info(at)schnellauto.com

I appreciate all input, and enjoy your GT3s.

- Mike
Old 01-16-2015, 04:50 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, I'm really surprised at the lame responses. This guy is giving the opportunity that many people would love to be a part of and instead get's those two terrible responses. I'm dumbfounded. Anyone that would say such things feeds into any elitist stereotypes that people may have. Had a producer to Jay Leno's Garage came on here asking the same thing, I bet people would have been climbing over each other to tell what they love so much about their GT3's.

Mike, if I had one, I'd be honored to give my account of GT3 ownership to you. Hopefully some people have emailed you privately. Best of luck on your new endeavors!
Old 01-16-2015, 05:10 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

What is the web address of AutoWeb?

AutoWeb.com seems to be something else...
Old 01-16-2015, 06:42 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for your post Mike I sent you a private email of my impressions I already posted on here before incase you are interested. I find it very fresh that you are undertaking this task. I also came back from a track day and can give some impressions of you are interested as well.

I'm glad you are doing this, because I like it that we can give our impressions with an unbiased point of view as we don't work for Porsche and have no reason to fluff them up. We can give our honest impressions about the car and the reader can take it at face value.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:16 AM
Napoli
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Wow, I'm really surprised at the lame responses. This guy is giving the opportunity that many people would love to be a part of and instead get's those two terrible responses. I'm dumbfounded. Anyone that would say such things feeds into any elitist stereotypes that people may have. Had a producer to Jay Leno's Garage came on here asking the same thing, I bet people would have been climbing over each other to tell what they love so much about their GT3's.

Mike, if I had one, I'd be honored to give my account of GT3 ownership to you. Hopefully some people have emailed you privately. Best of luck on your new endeavors!
Double this.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:08 PM
MichaelHarley
Cruisin'

Thank you!

I understand where that guy is coming from (no hard feelings)... but I am glad you understand what I am trying to achieve. Much appreciated.

Several members have sent me an e-mail.

- Mike
Old 01-16-2015, 01:13 PM
MichaelHarley
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Kobalt
What is the web address of AutoWeb?

AutoWeb.com seems to be something else...
AutoWeb's editorial site goes live next week. Our search and configure site went live this week (that is what you see now). A bit more info:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...281294551.html

I've been assembling content for the past couple months... crazy busy! You can e-mail me directly at info(at)schnellauto.com for now.

Here is one of the pictures from our upcoming GT3 gallery (yes, we took this image):

Old 01-16-2015, 01:31 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,009 Posts

AutoWeb's editorial site goes live next week. Our search and configure site went live this week (that is what you see now). A bit more info:

I've been assembling content for the past couple months... crazy busy! You can e-mail me directly at info(at)schnellauto.com for now.

Here is one of the pictures from our upcoming GT3 gallery (yes, we took this image):

Very cool please post access to the story would love to read it. Looks like LA in the drop.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:12 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

This is a community and Rennlist pays the bills. Vendors, magazines etc have to pay their way like everyone else. It's not elitist. Just taking care of our community.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:24 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my family is from hollywood.... i hate media ...
Old 01-16-2015, 06:50 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice pic!!! By the way, it's exactly my build....RY, LED's, PCCB's

Quick Reply: Seeking owner feedback on the 991 GT3 for a story...