Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 GT3 owners are special

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014 | 02:19 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I agree. Porsche has now followed through on almost all of the things we were saying that they could do to help restore customer confidence after the engine problem first surfaced; engine replacements, monetary compensation, extended warranty, special driving events for owners. Pretty impressive, IMHO.
Yes, this gesture goes a long way with me and many of us here, I think. The only thing they did not do, which I think would have been fair, is to extend the warranty by the time the car was parked. Because with the way things are now, people who took delivery of their cars before engine replacement end up with 5 months less effective warranty than people who kept their money earning interest during the stop-sale and got the car with engine already replaced. But that's a relatively small thing.
Old 12-23-2014 | 02:22 PM
Fadi1
Pro

Angry

I did not get an invite.
Old 12-23-2014 | 02:31 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fadi1
I did not get an invite.
Fadi, check your spam folder and if no email you may want to call PCNA if your car was delayed due to engine swap.
Old 12-23-2014 | 02:31 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

I got an invite by email and a new owner welcome kit by regular mail that included a cool looking carbon fiber ink pen. Winning! I'm a category "C" customer by the way.
Old 12-23-2014 | 05:06 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Nice to get the invite and VERY nice for Porsche to pick up some of the tab.
THANK YOU PORSCHE!!!!!!
I'll definitely be going!!!!
Old 12-23-2014 | 06:04 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Zucc
I got an invite by email and a new owner welcome kit by regular mail that included a cool looking carbon fiber ink pen. Winning! I'm a category "C" customer by the way.
Still waiting for my welcome kit. How long does it take to get it?
Old 12-23-2014 | 07:22 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Yes, this gesture goes a long way with me and many of us here, I think. The only thing they did not do, which I think would have been fair, is to extend the warranty by the time the car was parked. Because with the way things are now, people who took delivery of their cars before engine replacement end up with 5 months less effective warranty than people who kept their money earning interest during the stop-sale and got the car with engine already replaced. But that's a relatively small thing.
I agree, that would have been fair and I'm still a bit annoyed they didn't do that. Overall, though, it's hard to complain and this latest tidbit helps salve the wound even more.
Old 12-23-2014 | 09:59 PM
Jaypod
Instructor

Originally Posted by DES GTS
Wouldn't that be nice? The track at Tremblant would be perfect for a day or two of fun. Either that or CTMP.
Actually I did receive an invite in Canada as a 2014 owner, the letter is similar however the offer is to attend the Porsche Camp4 which is held outside of Montreal which is pretty cool.
Old 12-23-2014 | 10:42 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jaypod
Actually I did receive an invite in Canada as a 2014 owner, the letter is similar however the offer is to attend the Porsche Camp4 which is held outside of Montreal which is pretty cool.
Well here's the first Canadian to come forth. Hopefully there will be a few others to keep you company.... lol...JK
Old 12-23-2014 | 11:00 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Got the invite as well. Very nice job Porsche! Hopefully there will be a number of dates for flexibility in scheduling. Perhaps days in March to May.
I'm seriously looking to a 3 day track weekend at COTA with LA based Speed Ventures in April. Its a big hike from SCAL, but after seeing Sam's COTA videos I gotta go!
Old 12-23-2014 | 11:00 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Interesting, I just got a parcel delivery notice, labeled from "Porsche". I already received the GT3 welcome box with the pen. I wonder what this is? Going to the post office in the morning.
Old 12-23-2014 | 11:05 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Interesting, I just got a parcel delivery notice, labeled from "Porsche". I already received the GT3 welcome box with the pen. I wonder what this is? Going to the post office in the morning.
Ooo-ooo-ooo......I want something too! Let us know what you get.
Old 12-23-2014 | 11:14 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jaypod
Thanks for confirming what I learned from a call in to my SA. Unfortunately, I've been told that the number of Canadian invitees for the Montreal event is very limited and that the majority of GT3 customers will not be able to attend. I was told that cat A cars are being prioritized (and I'm a no go as cat C). While I'm glad the cat A customers are included, I'm disappointed that the entire cohort up here will not be able to go. I sure hope that the Atlanta event is big enough so that all you cat B/C customers in the US fare better.

I was really looking forward to this event, and in my mind it seemed to be the long-awaited good will gesture cat C customers had been promised many months ago in the letters that went out to us.

If anyone hears more info from Canada, please let us all know. Hopefully PCNA will be able to set up another session for Canadian cat B and cat C customers, although truth be told, I would have preferred to have one big old combined event with y'all in the US!
Old 12-23-2014 | 11:16 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Ooo-ooo-ooo......I want something too! Let us know what you get.
Will do. I'm running out for some last minute shopping and will post back tomorrow afternoon.
Old 12-23-2014 | 11:25 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mwar99
Still waiting for my welcome kit. How long does it take to get it?
I picked up my car on November 8th and got the welcome kit yesterday, Dec. 22nd.

Quick Reply: 2014 GT3 owners are special