Sponsored by:

Complete newby from East Bay, San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 08:14 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Complete newby from East Bay, San Francisco

Hi all, probably supposed to post these "new to the forum" messages elsewhere but I haven't looked anywhere other than the 911 GT3 thread.
My story - as you can probaly tell from the user name I'm a biker and have a commute bike - BMW S1000R, a track bike - GSXR-750 and a weekend blaster - no surprises here a Ducati Panigale 1199!! I'll be honest I've always respected the Porsche brand but they've never done anything for me in stirring the soul. However, at two track days I did this year we shared the track (not at the same time?!?!?) with cars. I thought this would be a good opportunity for me to hitch a ride in a Ferrari or Lambo but couldn't find the owners so by chance I got a ride at both track days in a 2010 and then 2014 GT3. And I think I got hooked or fell in love or both!! I spend my entire working career using my head so when it comes to my toys I buy with the heart much to the dismay of the wife and bank manager. I'm also one of those guys who when he gets an itch he needs to scratch it. My problem is I have a 550i, Tundra and an F-Type V8S in the garage as well as the three bikes. The F Type would have to go but I'm 12 months in to a 36 month lease and being a Brit in the USA I'm not sure how financially costly that would be to buy my way out? Obviously need to get in and talk with them. Would a Porsche dealer buy the lease out to get me a GT3? Need to learn more about the American fiancial system.
Suffice to say my first step forward is to figure out the financing issues. I'm blown away at how damn sexy this car can look and from everything I've read, heard and watched it seems (at $130k + options) to be the bargain sports/super/track car of the millenium? The F Type is a looker but it sounds even better than it looks, especially on the overrun so I guess I'm a winner whatever happens but that damn itch is getting more frustrating!!! Any thoughts?? Cheers,
Old 11-30-2014, 08:20 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Just thought I'd throw this up as people like pictures:

Old 11-30-2014, 08:25 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

You may be able to sell the lease off at leasetrader.com. Outside of that, welcome!
Old 11-30-2014, 08:38 PM
GT3 Jockey
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I hear you. I'm also a biker. I have a BMW HP4 and a Ducati Panigale. Driving a Porsche GT3 is as close as you can get to excitement on a Superbike but on 4 wheels As far as getting out of your lease. I don't think any Porsche dealer would be interested in getting you out of that lease. Usually manufacturers run promotions for early lease terminations to move their slow moving inventory. But that only applies to their own cars. I recommend using swapalease.com. I used the website a few years ago to get out of lease on a MB SL 63 and they got that car off my hand in less than a week. Good luck to you.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GT3 Jockey
I hear you. I'm also a biker. I have a BMW HP4 and a Ducati Panigale. Driving a Porsche GT3 is as close as you can get to excitement on a Superbike but on 4 wheels As far as getting out of your lease. I don't think any Porsche dealer would be interested in getting you out of that lease. Usually manufacturers run promotions for early lease terminations to move their slow moving inventory. But that only applies to their own cars. I recommend using swapalease.com. I used the website a few years ago to get out of lease on a MB SL 63 and they got that car off my hand in less than a week. Good luck to you.
Now if I was buying with the head it would be an HP4 but with the heart it would be the Pani!!

I shall look into the website - txs for the info.

Quick Reply: Complete newby from East Bay, San Francisco