Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ugh dealer emailed me-Got the stupid Dunflops!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 12:15 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

If your tires last long enough for it to matter what the car shipped with you're doing it wrong.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:43 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 413 Likes on 214 Posts

Stop fricking whining. Sheesh. Man up.
If you must have michelins, drive the car with the dunlops until they need replacing. Now you'll have experience with both tires and will be better for it in the end. Sport cup 2 are on back order till the new year anyway.
I don't get all the fuss. Such a feeling of entitlement. Be happy with what you get. You're getting an amazing car with great DUNLOP tires.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:51 PM
Leon Garabet
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm so tired about this subject and the subject about breaking who the hell cares what the Better tire is or the right way to break in a car. I'll be in and out of this car in a year and get in the to so I really don't give a crap how I brake it in . I'm going to run a full tank then beat the poop out of the car with the cup tires smoking !!!!
Old 11-30-2014, 02:56 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Leon Garabet
I'm so tired about this subject and the subject about breaking who the hell cares what the Better tire is or the right way to break in a car. I'll be in and out of this car in a year and get in the to so I really don't give a crap how I brake it in . I'm going to run a full tank then beat the poop out of the car with the cup tires smoking !!!!
Old 11-30-2014, 02:59 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,045 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by bigkraig
If your tires last long enough for it to matter what the car shipped with you're doing it wrong.
LOL. End thread.

Both are great. If you want the other sugar pill, take them off and sell at 75% of Tire Rack cost. Done.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:05 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

My dealer just had two new 2015 GT3's arrive, both with Dunlops.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:24 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought the dunlops were softer and better in the wet ?
Old 11-30-2014, 03:34 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

The car still runs even on Dunlops, right?
Old 11-30-2014, 03:50 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
The car still runs even on Dunlops, right?
lol.....no, I think it just sits there......car art.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:10 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Note to self: never buy a car from this person.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:12 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
If you must have michelins, drive the car with the dunlops until they need replacing. Now you'll have experience with both tires and will be better for it in the end. Sport cup 2 are on back order till the new year anyway.
I don't get all the fuss. Such a feeling of entitlement. Be happy with what you get. You're getting an amazing car with great DUNLOP tires.
Tell us how you really feel?

Last edited by 911dev; 11-30-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:15 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 646 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Dick response. Entitlement? Come on bro. 155k and yeah i sure as **** do think I'm entitled to the tire I would like.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:27 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Rosenbergendo, fully agree w/u. A new configured GT3 is not like buying off the rack outlet store remnants. Maybe Porsche should include tire choice in the configurator. I would bet Michelin gets the lion's share. My car should be right in there with the next batch delivered to FL. given the vin# thrown around i have to think that mine will also have Dunlops. At this stage my car seems to have hit some massive black hole somewhere. Tomorrow it will be three weeks that it went v331 and the system still shows nothing more.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:29 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

I understand your frustration. Perhaps certain topics should be banned for discussion on porsche forums for being over done namely: base vs S, pdk vs manual, should I break it in?, Resale value?, What color should I get?, Lift?

But then these forums would be very quiet. What would we talk about?
Old 11-30-2014, 04:35 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts

My car was delivered with Dunlops. I wouldn't sweat it too much. The Dunlops have a different shape sidewall but they look very good on the car. I cannot compare performance to the Michelins, but I can tell you that the Dunlops have tons of grip. When the tires are hot they are downright sticky. I wanted the Michelins as well, but about two seconds after delivery I really didn't care. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Ugh dealer emailed me-Got the stupid Dunflops!