First to flat?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 08:24 PM
Sean in Texas
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 41 Posts
Default First to flat?

A dubious distinction, if I am.

Went out to kill some bugs past Waller and Prairie View, came home and while wiping off the carnage, noticed a nice Philips head in my front passenger tire.

Great fun this morning, and at least we made it home.

If/when they get a tire, do you think they will flatbed the whole car, or just come get the wheel?
Old 11-28-2014, 12:02 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,196 Likes on 591 Posts

I had two tires replaced due to damage (one cut by curb at a track, an one had a nail) and I had a nail stuck in one tire that I was replacing due to normal wear. What I noticed is that these tires have a very tough and elastic internal layer that stretches around nails pretty much like a condom, so the tire does not go flat even with a nail in it.

I had to use porsche roadside assistance once, for another car, and the guy who came had no tools to work on centerlocks (I asked just in case - it was for my Cayenne).
Old 11-28-2014, 10:06 PM
NMM991
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I carry the precision instrument wrench & extra tire flat filler and plugs with cement & tools in the trunk. I average three nails at year between the 911 and the Cayenne. Always a slow leak, but had to have one tire plugged on the road because I was 400 miles from home and didn't what to risk it.

Quick Reply: First to flat?