Sponsored by:

Buy-back car...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 10:08 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
It's still low production. 1500-2000 cars worldwide is not much. People make it sound like there are parking lots full of them, when the reality is a handful at best.
Ha funny you say that I agree. My dealer is one of the top guys in the country, and he has nothing on his lot. He just sold a buy back at MSRP lemon car. A lot of people are looking at cars for sale on dealer sites, and those cars are pre-sold. My car was showing for sale, and removed a week after I took delivery. My dealer now has 7 GT3's listed, and they're all sold. It's sblow production car, and selling will be a piece of cake ......just don't sell to a dealer as their job is to eat you alive.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:41 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 159 Posts

I like my mine. If it just depreciates like a normal car I am happy.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:50 PM
CobraR1339
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealers I am told are not having trouble moving the buy back cars from what I hear. As stated, the builds are locked now , I think we are past the cut off. When searching for a 15, very few were not spoken for. Many already in the chute build wise and on ships are spoken for, so could not make changes anymore. 2,000 worldwide production should help value, even for these cars.

For buy backs . I think it's the same situation as the ones we kept and waited for the fix or the ones the dealers never sold that got the motor swap. THe driving experience will be no different.

Porsche provides a folder and letter documenting the motor swap. And CFax pics shown somewhere here detail that the buy back was due to recall# XYZ, and the customer did not want to wait for the recall engine to arrive.

Anyone buying one of these also gets the extra year warranty, a hot dyno tested motor with no miles on it, can finance or lease through PNA. We all know the story on these, and anyone looking down the road surely will know the story if they are buying a GT3 in the first place. Porsche service records will not reflect a buyback, they will only show the recall all 2014's went through.

If sold to another party out of the state that brands them, that will wash the title in many states anyway. But I think Cfax will still show it.

But, if they get a good well under MSRP for the year change and drama on one with the right equip , than just enjoy the hell out of it IMO. About 10k back sounds more reasonable given the model year change on 2014. Or wait for people to start listing them PP in a year or two. I don't recall seeing a PP ad on a 991 GT3 yet.

Quick Reply: Buy-back car...