My RY GT3 Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 07:50 PM
996C2Cabriolet
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My RY GT3 Build

Hey guys,
I am in the process of building a car with a lock-in date of 2 weeks and want RL'ers profession opinion/advise of my specs.
My current 991 S Cab is RY so want the same color bc I absolutely love it!!

911 GT3
$130,400
Exterior Color
Racing Yellow
Interior Color
Standard Interior in Black with Seats in Leather/Alcantara®
Extended Range Fuel Tank
LED Headlights incl PDLS
Front Axle Lift System
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
GT3 Wheels Painted in Black
Seat Belts in Racing Yellow
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Floor Mats
Smoking Package
Fire Extinguisher
Lightweight Bucket Seats
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. Navigation Module
Sport Chrono Package incl. Porsche Track Precision App
SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Receiver (NavTraffic and NavWeather i.c.w. PCM)
Sound Package Plus
Total Price
$156,410

Not sure about the full leather/alcantara interior option as I originally wanted to keep the price closer to $150k (but still went over). Wonder if it will be a negative point once I decide to sell due to not having full leather option.

Let me know if I should add/remove anything and your criticism will be appreciated.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Gravity
Instructor

Originally Posted by 996C2Cabriolet
Hey guys,
I am in the process of building a car with a lock-in date of 2 weeks and want RL'ers profession opinion/advise of my specs.

911 GT3
$130,400
Exterior Color
Racing Yellow
Interior Color
Extended Range Fuel Tank
LED Headlights incl PDLS
Front Axle Lift System
Floor Mats
Smoking Package
Fire Extinguisher
Lightweight Bucket Seats
Sound Package Plus
Total Price
$156,410

Not sure about the full leather/alcantara interior option as I originally wanted to keep the price closer to $150k (but still went over). Wonder if it will be a negative point once I decide to sell due to not having full leather option.

Let me know if I should add/remove anything and your criticism will be appreciated.
Leather is always good and the 90 litre tank is a must. These things are gas whor** 997 was a much more fuel efficient car. Mine gets maybe 300 to 350 miles on a 90 litre tank. Footwell net is great to hold boltles of water Sport chrono. I bought because I think the dash needs it but for the money. It's a massive waste. You get a clock on your dash. Do go for the extended leather and stitching on the dash. It really is worth it. Also. This may sound dumb but get the steering column in leather. It's a little item but it replaces a piece of cheap plastic with a stitched item that you look at every time you get in the car. Custom sills are great but it's a personal item. I like mine. But again it's dollars out of pocket
Old 11-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Gravity
Instructor

As far as the lift goes. This is my second gt3 and I have replaced 1 lip as I hit an animal on the highway with it. And it cracked it. Save your money. Buy a spare lip in a year or two. After the first scrunch you hear and the grimace you make you get used to it. Cost of doing business. I scrape the lip on my 997 gt3. Far more than I do on my 991 gt3 And my 997 has been raised an inch. Go figure. Weird but true. Anyway spend the money you save on the lift on interior bits. You will appreciate it sooooo much more
Old 11-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Gravity
Instructor

Ps. Sorry to post again but if my experience is worth anything. You will almost never listen to music in this car and at speed on the highway. You can't listen to music in this car lol. Ditch the satellite unless it's something you really require. Car is noisy inside at highway plus speeds. For trips over an hour I wear earplugs.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:57 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravity
Ps. Sorry to post again but if my experience is worth anything. You will almost never listen to music in this car and at speed on the highway. You can't listen to music in this car lol. Ditch the satellite unless it's something you really require. Car is noisy inside at highway plus speeds. For trips over an hour I wear earplugs.
I'll add that eliminating SAT eliminates the the roof eye-sore (aka the wart). I also prefer full leather at a minimum. Upscales the interior quite a bit.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:03 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 996C2Cabriolet
Hey guys,

911 GT3
$130,400
Exterior Color
Racing Yellow
Interior Color
Extended Range Fuel Tank
LED Headlights incl PDLS
Front Axle Lift System
Floor Mats
Smoking Package
Fire Extinguisher
Lightweight Bucket Seats
Sound Package Plus
Total Price
$156,410

This is very similar to mine but I got the full leather interior and carbon fiber dash center console and door sils but skipped the lift

Also thinking of aftermarket yellow dials from suncoast

Old 11-20-2014, 10:48 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravity
For a different perspective, I love having satellite radio, especially on a long drive. And I have sharkwerks too, so mine is louder than stock. FWIW. Enjoy!
Old 11-20-2014, 11:10 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by Lodi
For a different perspective, I love having satellite radio, especially on a long drive. And I have sharkwerks too, so mine is louder than stock. FWIW. Enjoy!
Are you loving SW?
Old 11-20-2014, 11:25 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lodi
So the stereo gets loud enough to actually hear it ? I had to turn the bass all the way up and crank it just to hear anything in my 996-3. I am hoping this stereo is light years ahead of my old one.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:26 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Are you loving SW?
I know I will love it until I go to the track and it exceeds their noise limits (Lime Rock).
Old 11-21-2014, 10:30 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
I know I will love it until I go to the track and it exceeds their noise limits (Lime Rock).
of course that may happen with the stock exhaust...
Old 11-21-2014, 12:15 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Are you loving SW?
I LOVE the Shark! Its not just louder. I adds a throatiness to the exhaust note. I just turn off the sport exhaust button if I need to take a phone call or want a break from the sound (not too often). Its only an hour or two install so it can be undone easily.

Originally Posted by rockitman
So the stereo gets loud enough to actually hear it ? I had to turn the bass all the way up and crank it just to hear anything in my 996-3. I am hoping this stereo is light years ahead of my old one.
Yes, you can hear the stereo. The problem is that the stereo sucks. I had the same issue with my Tundra so I added good front speakers, a processor, amp and sub. I will most likely do the same with the GT3.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:24 PM
BenDiem
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

I had the same issue with my Tundra so I added good front speakers, a processor, amp and sub. I will most likely do the same with the GT3.[/QUOTE]

^^^ Lodi,

Subscribed, lol... I would be interested in your tutorial...

Cheers/B
Old 11-21-2014, 12:39 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 78 Posts

My two cents:

I agree getting rid of the XM just due to the antenna on the roof. You can pay a few extra bucks a month and stream it connected via BT on your phone.

I would also urge you to drop the LED headlights in favor of Black Xenon to match the black wheels and trim. I had Xenon on my C2S, and I honestly think they offer superior performance over the trendy LEDs. The LED are definitely brighter, but that doesn't mean they are better.

If you ditch the XM, Sport Chrono, and LED you've covered the cost of leather.

The problem with suggestions from us is that we are all going to want you to configure your car the same as ours. No matter what you end up with, it's going to be awesome! The build locking will be the best thing that can happen.

P.S. Please don't do colored gauges. Guys that get colored gauges also paint the garage walls orange and love RaceDeck flooring. It's just not cool. We need to make sure to have our wives or someone that knows save us from ourselves.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:08 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
My two cents:

I agree getting rid of the XM just due to the antenna on the roof. You can pay a few extra bucks a month and stream it connected via BT on your phone.

I would also urge you to drop the LED headlights in favor of Black Xenon to match the black wheels and trim. I had Xenon on my C2S, and I honestly think they offer superior performance over the trendy LEDs. The LED are definitely brighter, but that doesn't mean they are better.

If you ditch the XM, Sport Chrono, and LED you've covered the cost of leather.

The problem with suggestions from us is that we are all going to want you to configure your car the same as ours. No matter what you end up with, it's going to be awesome! The build locking will be the best thing that can happen.

P.S. Please don't do colored gauges. Guys that get colored gauges also paint the garage walls orange and love RaceDeck flooring. It's just not cool. We need to make sure to have our wives or someone that knows save us from ourselves.
+1

I don't care for the luggage net in the passenger footwell, looks a bit out of place and it's going to get stretched out and unsightly over time.

Oh and I love race deck as much as Clexio loves plasti dip. Racedeck covers all manner of ugly concrete and is resistant to everything except flame / very hot things. Did my 2.5 car garage in 4 hours, still looks awesome 7 years later.

Ryan

Quick Reply: My RY GT3 Build