Sponsored by:

Car cover choice

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 09:19 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by redlightrich
Hello all, here in the Northeast, where we already had 2" of snow last night, I am getting set for putting the car to bed for a while. Does anyone have any recommendation for a good quality car cover? I realize that Porsche has one available, but I was hoping to find something like satin stretch which is similar to what Ferrari uses. This cover will only be used indoors as basically a dust cover. Any suggestions will be appreciated Rich
For some things to don't have to reinvent the wheel and waste your time. As wise ones have stated, the OEM one is perfect! This coming from a guy that always looks at the options.

As you can see, much better than the two other covers pictured. The other two aren't mine. A friends garage I store my car in for the winter.

Last edited by STG; 12-26-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:57 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

factory looks great... still think the carnewal cover looks best overall, given the color options and fit... I pulled a quick example from a google search, this is a carnewal cover with what looks to be a 993 under it... I think the problem with California Car Cover is that they don't have with the crest, if you are into that
Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2014, 10:25 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
factory looks great... still think the carnewal cover looks best overall, given the color options and fit... I pulled a quick example from a google search, this is a carnewal cover with what looks to be a 993 under it... I think the problem with California Car Cover is that they don't have with the crest, if you are into that
Do you own the Carnewal one? How can you comment on how well it fits and the material used?

I'm basing my opinion on the OEM one from personal experience. The pictures in my post are my personal car.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:41 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Do you own the Carnewal one? How can you comment on how well it fits and the material used?

I'm basing my opinion on the OEM one from personal experience. The pictures in my post are my personal car.
sorry, absolutely not trying to question that your OEM car cover fits perfectly...and it looks great.

To answer your question I have owned 4 separate Carnewal covers, yes. And I can comment that they fit perfect like a glove for my previous Porsches. But not for the 991 GT3. The original question I was trying to get at, was maybe were the covers the same... I.E. manufactured by the same company for Porsche and for Carnewal. Because they look exactly the same. Except with Carnewal you get lots of color options. This is the first time I have seen a Porsche OEM car cover that looks like the Carnewal one.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:51 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Mr Sully, I've owned both covers. The only advantage of the Carnewal cover is the many color choices. Both are excellent. Both have Porsche crest. Gert's are not cheap. Ask him for the Rennlist discount.

If you want a special color, order Gert's. Pay about $100 extra.

If you are ok with the off white OE cover, buy from Sunset or Suncoast.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 12-26-2014, 11:52 AM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Happy Holidays to you all.

The car covers that we supply are made by the same Italian supplier that makes these for Porsche, Ferrari, AM, BMW and so on.
The quality of the fabric and the fitment are 100% the same .

The differences are :
Porsche covers always come in white/grey where we can deliver more colors and even Martini or Gulf schemes with race numbers (see picture).
Porsche covers have a gold 3D crest and script whereas our covers come with the simple crest .

We do however offer a wider range of covers than Porsche. We can for example supply a tailor made cover for a Boxster Spyder, 997TT+Aerokit, older 911's, 356, ....
Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2014, 11:58 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Gert
Happy Holidays to you all. The car covers that we supply are made by the same Italian supplier that makes these for Porsche, Ferrari, AM, BMW and so on. The quality of the fabric and the fitment are 100% the same . The differences are : Porsche covers always come in white/grey where we can deliver more colors and even Martini or Gulf schemes with race numbers (see picture). Porsche covers have a gold 3D crest and script whereas our covers come with the simple crest . We do however offer a wider range of covers than Porsche. We can for example supply a tailor made cover for a Boxster Spyder, 997TT+Aerokit, older 911's, 356, ....
Gotcha. They look like nice covers if you have that car that is hard to fit or looking for a special color/design.

At this point, I'm sold on either the OEM's or these here. If I had known about these before buying the OEM I would have considered them for a different color possibly depending on the cost.

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:00 PM
3GO1GO
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I use a Porsche cover purchased at Suncoast, great indoor cover

Quick Reply: Car cover choice