Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any cars w/ red stitching on Northern California dealer lots?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 12:16 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

The photos of this cars interior is what switched me to red stitching & carbon.

http://www.romansinternational.com/c...he-911-991-gt3
Old 10-29-2014, 12:51 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I was a red sticthing fan and had it in my build until I saw a few cars with it. The Porsche online configurator makes the red stitching look very deep and intense. However in real life it is a little washed out, more like an orange-red. I decided aganst it. Would have loved to use it but not as intense a color as I would have wanted.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:59 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 626 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by devenh
My order locks in a few days and I've been debating with myself everything discussed here. This thread hasn't helped at all

My car is white (prefer the whiter look compared to the metallic) with PCCB. If I had red brakes, then the red stitching and belts are (to me) a no brainer. I've seen this combination and it looks terrific. But yellow brakes and red interior accents?? Not so sure. Maybe grey stitching and yellow belts would tie things together better? Ahh, the choices ...

Deven
For PCCB, I'd do silver stitching + yellow belts (or black belts).
Old 10-29-2014, 01:02 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 626 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Red stitching image from a similar perspective, just not a fan. Doors look terrible:
Do you think the bright brushed aluminum trim contributes to you thinking the doors look terrible? The black carbon fiber definitely makes the door more subtle.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:26 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Do you think the bright brushed aluminum trim contributes to you thinking the doors look terrible? The black carbon fiber definitely makes the door more subtle.
That's definitely part of it - the bright trim looks out of place. The doors look very busy with all the material changes already and red stitching just highlights that further.

I went carbon trim (to match the buckets) + silver stitching + yellow belts. My car is yellow though and has PCCBs, so it should tie together pretty well.

There isn't a wrong answer, other than not ordering buckets
Old 10-29-2014, 02:05 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The red stitching is very bright in direct sunlight. I was really impressed as the photo on the configurator makes it look far more subdued than it is in real life. The carbon really sets off the color well. Everyone that I've given a ride to complimented the interior as the nicest they have seen. The mix of all the black and gray tones of the alcantara, leather and carbon are really highlighted by the red. I like the platinum as well, but the red definitely has more "Pop".
Old 10-29-2014, 03:04 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here are some other images for you to consider. If you're going with the buckets, it is hard to find 918 bucket images with red piping photos as it isn't offered on the 918.

918 Buckets with Silver:

Row Buckets with Silver:

Red stitching image from a similar perspective, just not a fan. Doors look terrible:
unfortunately neither above is a true representation of the respective stitch. I prefer a darker trim as well; just happen to like anthracite.

I am torn as well. my order goes hard in two weeks. For me if going PCCB, skip red trim and/or belts; yellow or grey would look great. Platinum stitch looks equally nice, just different with red calipers. And, it's free. Well.. free with full leather.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:32 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
unfortunately neither above is a true representation of the respective stitch. I prefer a darker trim as well; just happen to like anthracite.

I am torn as well. my order goes hard in two weeks. For me if going PCCB, skip red trim and/or belts; yellow or grey would look great. Platinum stitch looks equally nice, just different with red calipers. And, it's free. Well.. free with full leather.
Agree, it's not a great representation but they give some comparison - I think the red looks better in the images than it does in person. I've not seen silver stitching in person, as every GT3 I've seen was white exterior, standard brakes, red stitching - so hopefully I made the correct choice!
Old 10-29-2014, 05:35 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Agree, it's not a great representation but they give some comparison - I think the red looks better in the images than it does in person. I've not seen silver stitching in person, as every GT3 I've seen was white exterior, standard brakes, red stitching - so hopefully I made the correct choice!
I am leaning back towards platinum. I was initially red, then the enthusiasm wore off after a few weeks. Once the buckets were released, I became once again interested in red, as I opted for buckets. Now, again, i think platinum may be more timeless; for me anyway. I don't want to discredit any beautifully red stitched cars.

Platinum is beautiful the longer you look at it for me. To the contrary the red pop, albeit, not as robust as I would have thought, is nice in a hardcore sports car. Still torn. Right now I want to go back to platinum.

That's said, I could somehow justify PCCBs as I would save $1490 for stitch and my dealer said he'd give me ceramics at cost. So, in my sick mind, I'd save $3k on ceramics. My wife always says, honey, look at my new sexy shoes. I bought them because I knew you'd like them on me and they were on sale. I couldn't resist. We all have our vices, lol.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:16 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

With a white car i'd go with the platinum stitching and yellow belts. I only switched the red stitching with pccb because I went GR

Quick Reply: Any cars w/ red stitching on Northern California dealer lots?