Sponsored by:

Where is your car ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 07:46 AM
swivelhi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is your car ???

My salesman tells me my car arrives in Davisville today the 24th. Is there even a ship that is supposed to arrive today? Is he just too lazy to find out more info? Can I call some PNA central number and give my VIN to locate where my vehicle is? Are there any of you RLer's waiting for your cars from Davisville about now? A lot of questions, this sucks, so close I'm starting to lose it.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:16 AM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/det...el:MERMAID_ACE
You can track it at this website. The boat is delayed because it went further south in the Atlantic to avoid the hurricane.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:20 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Somewhere in Germany I think. My spectacular dealer has me in on the loop with everything. Not!
Old 10-24-2014, 08:37 AM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by swivelhi
My salesman tells me my car arrives in Davisville today the 24th. Is there even a ship that is supposed to arrive today? Is he just too lazy to find out more info? Can I call some PNA central number and give my VIN to locate where my vehicle is? Are there any of you RLer's waiting for your cars from Davisville about now? A lot of questions, this sucks, so close I'm starting to lose it.
If your are on the Mermaid, which was due on 10/24, now due 10/26, here's our tracking thread...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...rmaid-ace.html
Old 10-24-2014, 08:49 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Not sure of the timing of component build, whether its just in time or done months ahead. Mine might be getting poured in a foundry right now. Or the sheet metal could be sitting on a spool waiting to be shaped. Or somewhere between.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:53 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

It's so frustrating that some dealers can't be even remotely passionate about this, and they just look at the crappy Porsche tracking system. My dealer was awesome, sending me daily updates and taking the infamous "birthing video" since I couldn't get there in time to see it come off the truck.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:57 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Originally Posted by sgroer
It's so frustrating that some dealers can't be even remotely passionate about this, and they just look at the crappy Porsche tracking system. My dealer was awesome, sending me daily updates and taking the infamous "birthing video" since I couldn't get there in time to see it come off the truck.
Yeah, my dealer is excellent, no complaints but they seem puzzled as to why I visit once a week to get an update.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:09 AM
kencollinsjr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

swivelhi: there's a very good chance that you were on the Kentucky Highway just like me. even when the Kentucky Hwy was docking and in port on 10/21, the PCNA rep / concierge was estimating a 10/24 delivery. ask your dealer to check the system and call his rep for the latest status.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:29 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by kencollinsjr
swivelhi: there's a very good chance that you were on the Kentucky Highway just like me. even when the Kentucky Hwy was docking and in port on 10/21, the PCNA rep / concierge was estimating a 10/24 delivery. ask your dealer to check the system and call his rep for the latest status.
Porsche should completely re engineer their vehicle tracking. It's insane! With a BMW you can go online and just track it like a package. Even Chrysler lets you do that!
Old 10-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Porsche should completely re engineer their vehicle tracking. It's insane! With a BMW you can go online and just track it like a package. Even Chrysler lets you do that!
+1

Mine according to my dealer just showed up one day? I pick it up Monday.

Finally!
Old 10-24-2014, 10:01 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree today you should be able to know exactly where the car is located at any time.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:06 AM
jlanka
Drifting

definitely. Especially since they must have help with that sort of thing from corporate (VW)
Old 10-24-2014, 10:29 AM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Hello all, in regards to the dealers, Porsche ( in their infinite arrogance) has kept the dealers in the dark. The dealer can't get any info that your GT3 rep can't give you.
I sat with my dealer many times, and I too become frustrated, but then I say to myself " I am sure they would rather have a sale to a happy client than listen to me whine". Its not the dealers are lazy or uncaring. They are unable to help, so they detach to a degree.

It was a real mess from the beginning and it was thru no fault of the dealers. Yes I too show up unannounced at the dealer to get an update. I find that only serves to pass time and get some pleasant car talk, which is ok.

I am told by many members on this board that all the anger and frustration towards Porsche and the dealers and whoever else will melt away the first time the motor screams to 9000 rpm!!!

I hope so for all of us!

Good luck to everyone waiting!!!! Remember how lucky of a group we are to be fortunate enough to purchase something of this caliber, while there are people struggling to pay the rent or electric bill. That puts things in perspective for me.

The wait is almost over for all 14 people, and a short while for the 15s.

Drive safe

Rich
Old 10-24-2014, 10:36 AM
swivelhi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rich

Well Said !
Old 10-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by redlightrich
Hello all, in regards to the dealers, Porsche ( in their infinite arrogance) has kept the dealers in the dark. The dealer can't get any info that your GT3 rep can't give you.
I sat with my dealer many times, and I too become frustrated, but then I say to myself " I am sure they would rather have a sale to a happy client than listen to me whine". Its not the dealers are lazy or uncaring. They are unable to help, so they detach to a degree.

It was a real mess from the beginning and it was thru no fault of the dealers. Yes I too show up unannounced at the dealer to get an update. I find that only serves to pass time and get some pleasant car talk, which is ok.

I am told by many members on this board that all the anger and frustration towards Porsche and the dealers and whoever else will melt away the first time the motor screams to 9000 rpm!!!

I hope so for all of us!

Good luck to everyone waiting!!!! Remember how lucky of a group we are to be fortunate enough to purchase something of this caliber, while there are people struggling to pay the rent or electric bill. That puts things in perspective for me.

The wait is almost over for all 14 people, and a short while for the 15s.

Drive safe

Rich
I think the tracking info the dealer has available is pretty decent. Yes, it would be nice if we could track the vehicles ourselves, a la UPS and FedEx, but at least the dealer knows the major milestones in the production and delivery process. My salesman at Porsche of Chattanooga (Jon) has been great about letting me know the status of my vehicle (lock, body shop, assembly, completion, port, on vessel, etc.). Have you not received this info?

Quick Reply: Where is your car ???