991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GP Clear Bra Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014 | 02:23 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Last edited by hfm; 12-07-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-07-2014 | 02:24 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jlanka
I have the blackvue 550. I see you've got a 600. Nice.
It's actually the 650 with 64 gb memory.

Amazon.com : BlackVue New 2 Channel DR650GW-2CH 16GB with Power Magic Pro, Car Black Box/Car DVR Recorder, Built-in Wi-Fi, Full HD(1080p@30fps), up to 64GB support : Car Electronics Amazon.com : BlackVue New 2 Channel DR650GW-2CH 16GB with Power Magic Pro, Car Black Box/Car DVR Recorder, Built-in Wi-Fi, Full HD(1080p@30fps), up to 64GB support : Car Electronics
Old 12-07-2014 | 02:40 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

I'm taking a moment to provide further update about my job for those who are thinking about doing something like this for their GT3. The GT3 that was present before I arrived had some work being completed on it and I noticed the difference between a moderate job and an advanced full wrap. It comes down to very small details that are hardly noticable. But, they are noticable and are in the form of seams that are visible at the edges of a job where cuts of the film are taking place. As time passed waiting for the car, I incrementally added details including rear quarter panel and roof as well as clearplex for the windshield. The total job became more expensive and the difference between completely wrapping the entire car including the rear wing area and, having parts removed so film completely wraps each piece around the edges instead of having cuts made near the edges, was about $2,000.00.

I had to decide whether pre-cuts with razor work to fit as best as possible was acceptable or whether I wanted to pay to have each piece of the car totally wrapped around the edges. I concluded Moe is better served spending time in pulling off pieces and parts to get the job done completely right with wrapping around the edges rather than spending time tweaking the job to get it as nice as possible without having pieces and parts taken off the car. That made the difference in price worthwhile when factoring each part of the car being worked on and the expected time this PPF is expected to last.

I'm ending up spending substantially more than I anticipated however, with group buy discounts, the entire job is costing me less than $10,000.00. It's hard for a guy who is used to buying $35,000.00 cars to justify this but, that's what happens when you buy a car costing $172,000.00. Heh, a bit more than $180k now with this PPF option. There is nothing wrong with selecting a more affordable option, whether it's a moderate job without wrap around the edges or doing just a front bumper. One can spend $2-3k on just the front bumper. For me, I decided to get this done once and get it done right just to feel a bit more secure when driving and parking. And, I know having researched this process, that I'm getting very good value for my money.

Dan (thanks Moe)
Old 12-07-2014 | 03:17 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hfm
I'm taking a moment to provide further update about my job for those who are thinking about doing something like this for their GT3. The GT3 that was present before I arrived had some work being completed on it and I noticed the difference between a moderate job and an advanced full wrap. It comes down to very small details that are hardly noticable. But, they are noticable and are in the form of seams that are visible at the edges of a job where cuts of the film are taking place. As time passed waiting for the car, I incrementally added details including rear quarter panel and roof as well as clearplex for the windshield. The total job became more expensive and the difference between completely wrapping the entire car including the rear wing area and, having parts removed so film completely wraps each piece around the edges instead of having cuts made near the edges, was about $2,000.00.

I had to decide whether pre-cuts with razor work to fit as best as possible was acceptable or whether I wanted to pay to have each piece of the car totally wrapped around the edges. I concluded Moe is better served spending time in pulling off pieces and parts to get the job done completely right with wrapping around the edges rather than spending time tweaking the job to get it as nice as possible without having pieces and parts taken off the car. That made the difference in price worthwhile when factoring each part of the car being worked on and the expected time this PPF is expected to last.

I'm ending up spending substantially more than I anticipated however, with group buy discounts, the entire job is costing me less than $10,000.00. It's hard for a guy who is used to buying $35,000.00 cars to justify this but, that's what happens when you buy a car costing $172,000.00. Heh, a bit more than $180k now with this PPF option. There is nothing wrong with selecting a more affordable option, whether it's a moderate job without wrap around the edges or doing just a front bumper. One can spend $2-3k on just the front bumper. For me, I decided to get this done once and get it done right just to feel a bit more secure when driving and parking. And, I know having researched this process, that I'm getting very good value for my money.

Dan (thanks Moe)
It's like a kid in a candy store.

The longer you stay, the more candy you buy!
Old 12-07-2014 | 03:53 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
It's like a kid in a candy store.

The longer you stay, the more candy you buy!
When I started my company in 1995, I thought about doing detailing and providing a service that was simply "better". When I graduated from college in 2002, GP was my plan B. By then, I was a bit more mature, not much, but I realized what I truly wanted. Build a company that would cater to a particular client...ME. I put myself in your guys' shoes and asked "If I had the means to purchase these amazing cars, and the passion to own them, how would I want someone caring for it? What services would I want to protect my new, or new-to-me, "baby"? Whom would I trust and how would he earn my trust?"...fast forward to now, and you see why we do what we do at GP. So, when some of you feel comfortable spending the money you do here, having your car taken apart, and seeing a final product that you may have never experienced, it's not by accident It was planned that way in my crazy head years ago and I'm blessed that many of you share my vision and allow me to do what I'm passionate and good at. I simply stay quiet, listen to what YOU are telling me, ask you the right questions, then we both end up in a place YOU take us. Thank you for that trust and opportunity!!
Old 12-07-2014 | 04:06 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Group Buy ends 12/31/14

Just wanted to give some of you a heads up in case you need to make final decisions or plans to participate in this group buy. It might make a great Holiday gift, in addition to your GT3, if you're hard to shop for

As much as I'm enjoying this correspondence and opportunity here on rennlist with my fellow Porschephiles, all good things must come to an end.

The hard stop on this group buy will be 12/31/14...so, for those not taking delivery until next year, you're fine. As long as we get you on our calendar and your deposit before the end date, we'll honor the group buy for whenever you take delivery of your 911.
Old 12-07-2014 | 04:39 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

How many man hours does the full wrap take start to finish?
Old 12-07-2014 | 05:03 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mech33
How many man hours does the full wrap take start to finish?
The work speaks for itself...
Old 12-07-2014 | 05:12 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by STG991
The work speaks for itself...
The quality looks great. Just curious how much time that level of quality takes for skilled folks.
Old 12-07-2014 | 05:31 PM
STG
Race Director

The quality looks great. Just curious how much time that level of quality takes for skilled folks.
You never ask an artist how long a piece took to make. You just sit back and admire the work my friend..
Old 12-07-2014 | 06:36 PM
KCROO
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
When I started my company in 1995, I thought about doing detailing and providing a service that was simply "better". When I graduated from college in 2002, GP was my plan B. By then, I was a bit more mature, not much, but I realized what I truly wanted. Build a company that would cater to a particular client...ME. I put myself in your guys' shoes and asked "If I had the means to purchase these amazing cars, and the passion to own them, how would I want someone caring for it? What services would I want to protect my new, or new-to-me, "baby"? Whom would I trust and how would he earn my trust?"...fast forward to now, and you see why we do what we do at GP. So, when some of you feel comfortable spending the money you do here, having your car taken apart, and seeing a final product that you may have never experienced, it's not by accident It was planned that way in my crazy head years ago and I'm blessed that many of you share my vision and allow me to do what I'm passionate and good at. I simply stay quiet, listen to what YOU are telling me, ask you the right questions, then we both end up in a place YOU take us. Thank you for that trust and opportunity!!
You have two extremely satisfied GT Silver and Agate GT3 owners that left the asylum. Those still on the fence should pull the trigger! You Da man Moe .
Old 12-07-2014 | 07:32 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KCROO
You have two extremely satisfied GT Silver and Agate GT3 owners that left the asylum. Those still on the fence should pull the trigger! You Da man Moe .
I think it's 3 extremely satisfied GT3 customers. Just because I was one of the last to sign up for the 'group buy', I managed to be one of the first to get down to GP with my car. Chalk up another THUMBS UP for Moe. And he stands behind his work!
Old 12-07-2014 | 08:11 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG991
Any of you guys lucky enough to be within a reasonable driving distance of Moe, consider yourselves lucky.

The kind of PPF work he's doing is something you don't find in most parts of the country. I'd say he's a true one per center in the PPF business!

Late to the party but wanted to crash it anyway...

I live in Las Vegas and my car visits Moe 2X per year. Yes, he is more expensive and yes, it is a hassle to drive almost 300 miles for clear bra, detailing etc. I consider it a bargain because it is done right the first time and exceeds my expectations every time.

Moe, maybe I'll buy a GT3 so I can join the party.
Old 12-07-2014 | 08:20 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I've never actually sat down to count the hours...if I did, I'd probably double my rates

But, some of the full vehicle clear film installations, which client also got window film, clearplex, nano, prep, etc. can easily exceed 120+ man hours...and that's being extremely conservative. But, a typical phase 2, nano, full front moderate clear film, window film, clearplex, is around 30 hours.

Every project goes at its own pace. We never have a "complete by" time. I have a general timeline of when things should be complete, and most of the time it's correct. Sometimes, like right now with some of our clearplex installations, things are going at a slower pace because we're working the kinks out of the system. Our clients are always flexible enough that if a project goes past the estimated completion time, their response is always "don't rush, take your time, I want it done right". I will never rush a project unless it's an emergency for our client, at which time, we simply prioritize what needs to get done, and we complete the final list at a later time. But we've never sent out any project which was not "GP Certified" in our books.

I believe this is the first time I've actually had to think about how long our work takes.
Old 12-07-2014 | 08:26 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Holli82
Late to the party but wanted to crash it anyway...

I live in Las Vegas and my car visits Moe 2X per year. Yes, he is more expensive and yes, it is a hassle to drive almost 300 miles for clear bra, detailing etc. I consider it a bargain because it is done right the first time and exceeds my expectations every time.

Moe, maybe I'll buy a GT3 so I can join the party.
That would be one hell of holiday present!!!

Originally Posted by KCROO
Thank you so much for the kind words and it was even a bigger compliment that you referred your friend with his 991 GT3. Both your cars came out amazing and we're proud to have our name on them. Thanks again for the opportunity.

Originally Posted by RUF RS
I think it's 3 extremely satisfied GT3 customers. Just because I was one of the last to sign up for the 'group buy', I managed to be one of the first to get down to GP with my car. Chalk up another THUMBS UP for Moe. And he stands behind his work!
Glad everything worked out, and sorry to hear about the short time you had to enjoy your GT3. I'm sure the front axle lift malfunction will get squared away and we'll see you here for the follow up. Also glad you like the tint...I know the moisture in the film freaked you out in the beginning, but I knew you'd like the film once it was cleared up, and it was the right thing to do.

Quick Reply: GP Clear Bra Group Buy