It's a boy

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 10:18 AM
YOCOHO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravity
2015 jet black metallic first drive
Just to ensure that my frame of mind was focused and centered I took my 997.1 gt3. (The goat) out for a journey this morning. Running business errands I was trying to ensure in my mind all of the great and wonderful things this car does. The rough idle. The third pedal that constantly ensures your testosterone level is at the top of the scale , that visceral feeling when you engage the rhythms necessary to propel you forward in a fluid and sensual motion .
Steering, hearing, and feel are the things that make this car such an incredible , tactile beast . The essence of speed at your fingertips ,a raw, almost uncontrolled essence of power . These were the memories that I have enjoyed for the 6 years I have owned this car.
Alas. That all changed for me at 3 pm today.
I took possession of a 2015 991 gt3. All things considered my delivery was simple and short. Controls are very similar. Comfortable ,easy, simple and right at hand. All things where they are supposed to be .
Then, I turned the key. Right away. Something was different. The rough idle was still there but there was a new sense. A sense of raw power. A willingness if you will . This , need, a desire to move, and to move quickly. They opened the doors from the showroom floor and for the first time at my hands, he edged into the daylight. A rare sunny high temperature day in the northern climes that I live in . Turning to the first street off the lot there is a collective sigh as the beast finally realizes it's free. Free at last. And what a beast it is. With 14 k on the clock it revs freely and needs to push the envelope. Oil temp is coming up and I want to push him. But restraint settles in. At least till the oil reaches 90 . Cruising is not possible as the beast rushes to rev. It needs to be released There is no push here as the car wants, desires, needs to go as fast as it can. So I let it. He pushes the envelope faster and faster. Into his first hard double ess. The car grips and grips and then grips some more. His older sister would have been pensive, the driver perhaps a little reluctant , but not today, not in this car , accelerating harder out of the corner and onto the straight. He goes freely revving through the gears. An unbelievable ride
Without being poetic this car is away and above , on a new level , better than anything I have ever owned it grips and turns in with a confidence that is shocking it's free revving and just needs to be unleashed. Truly. Those of you that own know what I'm talking about. Those of you that are waiting. Trust me. It's is Sooooo worthy of the wait. An amazing vehicle. One you are going to want to keep.
All of us on this forum will tell you what to expect. But believe me when I say. Simple words cannot express what a truly exceptional ride you are about to enjoy. Have faith. You won't be disappointed
Congrats and all the best after reading you post I can't wait!! My car arrived today in Davisville, RI. It's Black and I've been waiting since Jan 30,2013!!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:17 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Your passion for your newest addition to the family is so awesome! If it's not too much trouble, please see if you can find a regular black Porsche to take some baby photos beside, so we can see the difference in the new colour. Congratulations!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravity
I was a cat c so first of the converted 2014/5 cars no option to get buckets mine are 18 way. I got the sport chrono because it was a 400 option that got carried over so that's all I had to pay. For the 2100 bucks they want today for it I might have passed but I like the look of it.
Cool, does that mean you have the Track Precision function in the PCM? If so, please post a photo or video walkthroughs since you're one of the first!
Old 10-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 172 Likes on 92 Posts

Definitely need to see some photos. Beautiful day for delivery. My non-metallic black won't be here for 6 more weeks or so.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:54 PM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Congrats!! Looking forward to pics! Great insight. I'm still 10 weeks out.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:04 PM
3GO1GO
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Great to hear 15s are finally being delivered!
Old 10-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Napoli
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Pics or it didn't happen, etc.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by Napoli
Pics or it didn't happen, etc.
^ this!
Old 10-21-2014, 10:45 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice write up John, you just made my wait that much harder. I should have taken your car when I had the chance...

Congrats again...

Quick Reply: It's a boy